Regarding Muqdishu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ape

Study Sunt Tzu’s, ‘Art of War’.
For the past few years, ive questioned myself on the foundations and history of muqdishu and other coastal somali cities. Ive heard many mixed views on this with a few somalis saying that muqdishu was discovered by arabs and others saying that the city was a cushtic somali city going back 2,000 years. Whats your view on the city?

upload_2018-10-12_21-36-47.jpeg

Mogadishu is a nice city. It has it's problems regarding security and such. But, if the country is ever going to fully recover, we will need the city to rise up and become the commercial and historical hub of not only somali culture, but also the indian ocean.

Of course we founded it. Arabs were never in the Horn of Africa. The few who came were largely merchants that were discriminated against by the local Somali people. Arabs were seen as people without honor, and generally had to keep to themselves and leave our shores after a few days. The cadcads that we have in Somalia today are much more recent, and they're not even largely of Arab descent, but Indian. Further proof that we had nothing to do with any dhegcas.
:ivers:

We were trading with the Egyptians while Northern Europeans were chucking spears at hairy elephants. And look at us now, Sometimes I wonder what the f*ck went wrong?:noneck:
that goes to all of us lol, we were dressing like royalties everywhere now look at us, this must be our worst history timeline.

Ape

Of course we founded it. Arabs were never in the Horn of Africa. The few who came were largely merchants that were discriminated against by the local Somali people. Arabs were seen as people without honor, and generally had to keep to themselves and leave our shores after a few days. The cadcads that we have in Somalia today are much more recent, and they're not even largely of Arab descent, but Indian. Further proof that we had nothing to do with any dhegcas.
:ivers:
Even though i agree with you, i doubt the cadcads there are indian. Plus, our architecture and language is mostly arab influenced. Do you suspect that arabs co founded muqdishu?

Even though i agree with you, i doubt the cadcads there are indian. Plus, our architecture and language is mostly arab influenced. Do you suspect that arabs co founded muqdishu?

It’s mostly Italian actually. If you are talking about xamar jajab well then that’s hard to place isn’t it? It’s all ruins, nobody knows the exact age of it and obviously who exactly built it. Define “Arab” by the way. Tippu Sultan who was a major slave trader in east Africa called himself an Arab and dressed like one. But the nigga was darker then mo farah on midnight in gabiley:comeon:

historic books say when ibn battuta visited Mogadishu the ruler was dark skinned, banadiris played their part too, also they are mix of persian,arab and bantu im sure.

Ape

It’s mostly Italian actually. If you are talking about xamar jajab well then that’s hard to place isn’t it? It’s all ruins, nobody knows the exact age of it and obviously who exactly built it. Define “Arab” by the way. Tippu Sultan who was a major slave trader in east Africa called himself an Arab and dressed like one. But the nigga was darker then mo farah on midnight in gabiley:comeon:
I still believe nevertheless that muqdishu is somali. Its because the qabilist somalis tend to say a yemeni guy came and built it. I found it odd so i dismissed it as fake.

I still believe nevertheless that muqdishu is somali. Its because the qabilist somalis tend to say a yemeni guy came and built it. I found it odd so i dismissed it as fake.

I just find it unlikely that one of the proper Somali tribes “built” it because they are overwhelmingly geeljire who have no use for a city. If your tribe is named abgaal it’s pretty clear that camels were historically more important to your people then a settlement like the massive city of Xamar. But at this point it doesn’t matter. The white man stole all of his cities outside of Europe...

Ape

I just find it unlikely that one of the proper Somali tribes “built” it because they are overwhelmingly geeljire who have no use for a city. If your tribe is named abgaal it’s pretty clear that camels were historically more important to your people then a settlement like the massive city of Xamar. But at this point it doesn’t matter. The white man stole all of his cities outside of Europe...
Im not bringing qabil into this. That shit killed 750,000.

I believe most coastal towns in Somalia expecally northern Somalia have Persian influence not Arab influence, it would explain somethings first why so many towns in northern Somalia on the Red Sea start with Bender(port in Persian) second ibn Batuta said that the inhabitebts of Zeilia are Shi’a

In southern Somalia, I believe there is more Indian and Omani influence, the Omani Architecture in many Southern cities like Barawa, and Mogadishu.

Somalis were always the majority in these cities with these trading population being present doing their thing and occasionally mixing the urban populace, that would explain why Bendedris were the majority in Most of the coastal cities before the Italian colonization, it doesn’t seem it was always that way, I think the process was slow as many of the Somalis living in the cities intermarried with the forgien traders

I believe most coastal towns in Somalia expecally northern Somalia have Persian influence not Arab influence, it would explain somethings first why so many towns in northern Somalia on the Red Sea start with Bender(port in Persian) second ibn Batuta said that the inhabitebts of Zeilia are Shi’a

In southern Somalia, I believe there is more Indian and Omani influence, the Omani Architecture in many Southern cities like Barawa, and Mogadishu.

Somalis were always the majority in these cities with these trading population being present doing their thing and occasionally mixing the urban populace, that would explain why Bendedris were the majority in Most of the coastal cities before the Italian colonization, it doesn’t seem it was always that way, I think the process was slow as many of the Somalis living in the cities intermarried with the forgien traders

Your making a lot of spurious assumptions here. Arabs have many Persian loan words. Doesn’t mean they founded anything there. Fact of the matter is most of the ports in norther Somalia called “bandar” are ancient and had different names before any Persians or Arabs would have arrived. For example Bossasso was called Mosylon around the first century bc-ad. This bandar shit may have been Arabs own name for the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending