Refusing to shake hands with the opposite gender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what...? The second scenario you presented isn't exclusive to women though; Westerners include males as well. I can totally understand if a person refused to shake my hand because they are paranoid about cleanliness or something (like that Howe guy from "Deal or No Deal" with the fear of germs) and I would respect their decision since they'd also treat everyone else like that (it's a consistent rule).
Someone refusing to shake my hand *solely* because I happened to be born with a vagina, however, is plain ridiculous imo. What is the logical justification of that rule? Shaking hands is more of a professional thing, it's not hugging or even something personal/s-xual...

Apparently it leads to sin. :mjlol:

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Even as a muslim woman i still shake hands with men (in formal occasions , job interviews etc) , i interpreted that hadith as touch (inappropriately) rather than a general touch.

:cosbyhmm:
Grand Mufti Shan-futo-le could we get a fatwa on licking your lips in public?

Like what...? The second scenario you presented isn't exclusive to women though; Westerners include males as well. I can totally understand if a person refused to shake my hand because they are paranoid about cleanliness or something (like that Howe guy from "Deal or No Deal" with the fear of germs) and I would respect their decision since they'd also treat everyone else like that (it's a consistent rule).
Someone refusing to shake my hand *solely* because I happened to be born with a vagina, however, is plain ridiculous imo. What is the logical justification of that rule? Shaking hands is more of a professional thing, it's not hugging or even something personal/s-xual...
We aren't allowed to touch an ajnabi women and ajnabi here means not family or a spouse.

TooMacaan

VIP
Apparently it leads to sin. :mjlol:
:chrisfreshhah:Going to such lengths just to avoid an unlikely situation?? Lmao. If people fear their libido that much, they should invest time in increasing their self-discipline instead tbh...

What is the likeliness anything will result from shaking hands with your boss at a meeting? What is the likeliness that anything will result from shaking hands with a female President in public? Do these same people not shake hands with gay ppl of the same gender? I have no problems with following scripture ofc, but ppl need to use their God given intellect to interpret these texts rationally instead of taking things so literally.
:mindblown:

TooMacaan

VIP
We aren't allowed to touch an ajnabi women and ajnabi here means not family or a spouse.
You still haven't provided a non-religious justification for specifically excluding the opposite s-x lol. And I understand it's scripture, but why? It's so unlikely that shaking hands (esp. in professional settings) will lead to zina. People should strengthen themselves to become immune of their kryptonite instead of avoiding their kryptonite. Avoiding your weakness is letting it win imo.

My Salafi first cousin refused to shake my hand when I arrived at their house after a long trip and haven't seen her in years.

The no hand shaking rule can go to extremes.

You still haven't provided a non-religious justification for specifically excluding the opposite s-x lol. And I understand it's scripture, but why? It's so unlikely that shaking hands (esp. in professional settings) will lead to zina. People should strengthen themselves to become immune of their kryptonite instead of avoiding their kryptonite. Avoiding your weakness is letting it win imo.
You don't get it. The touching of a women in itself is a sin. That's the reason. and yes it's encouraged to prevent and all close all doors to any further interactions. It isnt' just about zina. Being alone with a woman in a room is forbidden in Islam not because of what could unfold there but the act itself is not allowed.

as for my earlier comment, I was actually saying I don't shake hands with men here(from the west) due to their poor hygiene. If I do, I wash my hands when I get a chance.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
Tell them "sorry, my 7th century warlord role model told me that men are naturally savages and will rape you
if you don't segregate yourself, put yourself in a bee keeper suit and refuse to even shake hands or acknowledge them. Thanks"

Axmed Xaji

My Salafi first cousin refused to shake my hand when I arrived at their house after a long trip and haven't seen her in years.

The no hand shaking rule can go to extremes.
Especially if you're a gay somalian, right AbdiJohnson? Imagine what they'd do if they knew.

Axmed Xaji

You don't get it. The touching of a women in itself is a sin. That's the reason. and yes it's encouraged to prevent and all close all doors to any further interactions. It isnt' just about zina. Being alone with a woman in a room is forbidden in Islam not because of what could unfold there but the act itself is not allowed.

as for my earlier comment, I was actually saying I don't shake hands with men here(from the west) due to their poor hygiene. If I do, I wash my hands when I get a chance.
It's a sin because the person that made it a sin was doing massive projection: I'm a savage and would rape a woman that shows me an ankle and so would other men, so keep them apart. A better way to go would've been to tell everyone that they were responsible for their own actions and should keep their hands (and other parts) to themselves unless invited.

Axmed Xaji

Ultra orthodox jews dont shake hands with the opposite gender. No one complains about that. Why you gaals ganging up on Islam?

Do you wiggle your bum aswell?
Ultra orthodox Jews are not a good bellwether for how you should conduct yourself. Israel, (and successful Jews) are where they are because they DON'T take advice from people in winter parkas and giant sombrero-like hats. Orthodox Jews keep it to themselves and don't have sharia law they're trying to impose on society.

Axmed Xaji

My religion prohipts me from shaking hands with the opposite gender and people should respect that
No, they shouldn't respect that. They should know the underlying reason for it--that it's a rule a 7th century dude came up with because he thought, like himself, all men were savages and would rape a woman given the opportunity. Instead of respecting that, they should scold you and call you out on your bullshit.

TooMacaan

VIP

Why is the touching of women a sin in itself though???:what1::what:

Axmed Xaji

Why is the touching of women a sin in itself though???:what1::what:
Because men are savages and one thing leads to another (know what I mean?). It's different if you say magical words and have a ceremony. In fact, you can have as many as 4 wives and unlimited concubines as long as you say the right things.

I used to just tell them. I feel it would be difficult to do it in front of a group of people though.

All these rules once made me so afraid of men lol. Probably the way I was taught.

Genie

The last suugo bender
Grand Mufti Shan-futo-le could we get a fatwa on licking your lips in public?

Shut up fam , i came across it and literally my common sense kicked in . Some fatwas are outright redicilous.
:siilaanyolaugh:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-fa...ching-bananas-and-other-stupid-islamic-orders

i would like to ascribe you a word from our lord himself

In the Law of Equality there is (saving of) Life to you, o ye men of understanding; that ye may restrain yourselves. (Surah Al-Baqara, 179)

Thus doth Allah Make clear His Signs to you: In order that ye may understand. (Surah Al-Baqara, 242)

For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb,- those who understand not. (Surah Al-Anfal, 22)

We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an, in order that ye may learn wisdom. (Surah Yusuf, 2)

the Qur'an constantly tells us to reflect and to our own intellect given to us by our creator , imagine if we all followed these constant ridiculous fatwa's use your god given intellect and question things be suspicious of things constantly don't be a sheep even to these 'grand muftis'.

Also please read this : http://ghayb.com/2016/04/destruction-knowledge-islam/

Peace,

its just a handshake ffs. its not like you are bout to suck their dicks. waawarey. there are other means of getting that you know.

It's a sin because the person that made it a sin was doing massive projection: I'm a savage and would rape a woman that shows me an ankle and so would other men, so keep them apart. A better way to go would've been to tell everyone that they were responsible for their own actions and should keep their hands (and other parts) to themselves unless invited.
How is your name Axmed :faysalwtf:

You disrespectful child you better change your name if you hate the Prophet (salla Allahu calayhi wa salam)

No, they shouldn't respect that. They should know the underlying reason for it--that it's a rule a 7th century dude came up with because he thought, like himself, all men were savages and would rape a woman given the opportunity. Instead of respecting that, they should scold you and call you out on your bullshit.
WOOOW do you want a cookie? My question was addressed to the Muslims hence why I put the title "QUESTION TO THE MUSLIMS".
HAHAHA what a joke you are, my bs? lol you've just insulted 1.9 billion people. Quite frankly, many strict Muslim women don't shake hands with the opposite gender. In addition, the rule for traditional jews is that people of the opposite gender DO NOT even touch each other, let alone shake hands, unless they are husband/wife, siblings, or children with parents and grandparents, WILL YOU HAVE A GO AT THE JEWS TOO?
You are so obsessed with Islam you freak, hahha and ur username is Axmed haha the obsession is real you heathen
Now shooo heathen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts