Reer UK (uni)

UON or UOM

• Total voters

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
For my fellow Britons:

Im sending off my UCAS uni applications soon and I’ve got pretty much all of my other options done but I just can’t pick my final one. Im absolutely torn between Nottingham and Manchester.

I’m applying for pure economics and my grades are currently A*AB (I’m tryna get the B changed) for Maths bio and chem respectively

Nottingham scores better for econ typically but some sources also put Manchester as higher. The two are pretty comparable in this department.

Job prospects and landing interns Nottingham tends to score better from what I’ve read but Manchester is still considered very high in this field

In terms of uni accommodation, Hands down Nottingham for the win. Their building looks much better and organised in comparison to Manchester’s which looks polluted and industrial

In terms of social life, Manchester is the UKs third/second largest city so it’s obviously gonna be more active but my niggas are applying to Nottingham and the only people I know applying to Manchester are a few people I don’t really know like that.

Any opinion is a good one. I just need more people’s input

My advice is go for the one that will give you better prospects after you graduate. Social life is overrated imo. I'd say Nottingham personally as your niggas are going there.

convincation

VIP
My advice is go for the one that will give you better prospects after you graduate. Social life is overrated imo. I'd say Nottingham personally as your niggas are going there.
I’m already leaning towards Nottingham but in terms of opportunities Manchester is a bigger city tho so more econ related internships might be centered there.

Yo, firstly, well done. Inshallah you'll get the grades you require.

They're both well respected universities overall (i think Manchester slightly more so). There isn't much of a difference between the universities either way as you said

I'd recommend phoning the econ departments at the universities, and talking to someone about the course content & structure. Go for the one that excites you more.

Personally, I'd go Manchester, because it's a brilliant city, and the 2nd best city in the country imo. But you gotta choose based on your criteria.

Good luck, you'll do really well!

The environment your studying in is very important. Therefore I would suggest you go for Nottingham. Small towns do better for students compared to larger cities.

convincation

VIP
Yo, firstly, well done. Inshallah you'll get the grades you require.

They're both well respected universities overall (i think Manchester slightly more so). There isn't much of a difference between the universities either way as you said

I'd recommend phoning the econ departments at the universities, and talking to someone about the course content & structure. Go for the one that excites you more.

Personally, I'd go Manchester, because it's a brilliant city, and the 2nd best city in the country imo. But you gotta choose based on your criteria.

Good luck, you'll do really well!
Thank you bro and I’ll try to do that as soon as possible. Icl I’d be looking more forward to studying at Notts but like you said Manchester is a more respected uni and I’d rather the city atmosphere over the villageyness of Nottingham.

Thank you bro and I’ll try to do that as soon as possible. Icl I’d be looking more forward to studying at Notts but like you said Manchester is a more respected uni and I’d rather the city atmosphere over the villageyness of Nottingham.
The universities are basically equally as good. Don't think too hard, especially if it's your 4th choice. You're more excited about nottingham, so talk to the course coordinators at Nott, if you like what you hear, go for Nott.

Btw, Nottingham is not a tiny town, it's a proper city. There will be loads to do, don't worry about that.

I promise you, no employer will turn you down in 4 years time because you went to Nott instead of Manny, or vice versa.

For my fellow Britons:

Im sending off my UCAS uni applications soon and I’ve got pretty much all of my other options done but I just can’t pick my final one. Im absolutely torn between Nottingham and Manchester.

I’m applying for pure economics and my grades are currently A*AB (I’m tryna get the B changed) for Maths bio and chem respectively

Nottingham scores better for econ typically but some sources also put Manchester as higher. The two are pretty comparable in this department.

Job prospects and landing interns Nottingham tends to score better from what I’ve read but Manchester is still considered very high in this field

In terms of uni accommodation, Hands down Nottingham for the win. Their building looks much better and organised in comparison to Manchester’s which looks polluted and industrial

In terms of social life, Manchester is the UKs third/second largest city so it’s obviously gonna be more active but my niggas are applying to Nottingham and the only people I know applying to Manchester are a few people I don’t really know like that.

Any opinion is a good one. I just need more people’s input
Not the most informative response but if you get into one of the russell group unis. They are all viewed the same when not compared to Oxford, Cambridge, and Imperial imo

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Are you a man? If so, f*ck uni...enrol on an apprenticeship for a trade, and start earning 60k+ as a tradesman.

GemState

36/21
VIP
The unis are similar in quality, if your boys are applying to Notts, go to Notts.

It's a really good city for a student

Mozart

You need people like me
If you want to get into IB, it’s easier to do so from Nottingham. They have better student societies and generally more applicants.

convincation

VIP
I heard Nottingham was shit
In what way?
If you want to get into IB, it’s easier to do so from Nottingham. They have better student societies and generally more applicants.
Wallahi if I’m being honest I don’t really know exactly what I wanna do I just know I’m passionate about econ. Is Nottingham only better for IB or for higher finance as a whole?

convincation

VIP
Are you a man? If so, f*ck uni...enrol on an apprenticeship for a trade, and start earning 60k+ as a tradesman.
If I can land a scholarship and a good internship I can be making 60k plus on my first year out of uni free of debt:manny:

If I can land a scholarship and a good internship I can be making 60k plus on my first year out of uni free of debt:manny:
Trades are good for people who don't know what there doing and are going to uni for qashin courses. STEM which includes eco as its related to finance will have you in good stead for the future dont worry.

convincation

VIP
Trades are good for people who don't know what there doing and are going to uni for qashin courses. STEM which includes eco as its related to finance will have you in good stead for the future dont worry.
I don’t really know what I’m doing either tbh. I just know I’m applying for econ

Mozart

You need people like me
In what way?

Wallahi if I’m being honest I don’t really know exactly what I wanna do I just know I’m passionate about econ. Is Nottingham only better for IB or for higher finance as a whole?
Yeah for most finance roles it’s probably better.

Trending

Latest posts