Reer UK (uni)

UON or UOM

• Total voters
Go Notts. Trust me a shitty accom will piss you off because the environment you’re staying in will affect your mood and how effectively you study, plus you know people there. UoM is slightly better but it’s not that deep

Keo

VIP
I went to a London uni. Didn't care about "social life" or living in a student accommodation outside of the city. At the end of the day do what you think is best for you.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I went to a London uni. Didn't care about "social life" or living in a student accommodation outside of the city. At the end of the day do what you think is best for you.
Most of the unis I’m apply to are London based just my last 2 are up north

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Really value the opinions here means a lot wallahi

@Calaf got anything to say?
Nottingham would have been the ideal uni for you in terms of how you explained it.

But depending on the calibre of the other ones you applied for, it may be that Manchester may be a better solution.

You doing a BSc only or a MSc included? Another factor to think about.

convincation

VIP
Nottingham would have been the ideal uni for you in terms of how you explained it.

But depending on the calibre of the other ones you applied for, it may be that Manchester may be a better solution.

You doing a BSc only or a MSc included? Another factor to think about.
The others I want to apply for are UCL, LSE for management, City and Warwick.

It’s just for BSc I haven’t even started thinking about MSc. Does one do each better?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
The others I want to apply for are UCL, LSE for management, City and Warwick.

It’s just for BSc I haven’t even started thinking about MSc. Does one do each better?
Bsc is Bachelor of Science, i.e your first 3/4 years. MSc is Masters, 1 year. Usually, you have the option to select a 4 year integrated bachelor + masters, or your normal 3 years only. In UCAS, you will see the options.

My opinion, go for the masters, its worth it. I wanna do mine right after I finish my Bsc, and it opens so much doors for you.

You applied for Warwick, then go for Manchester then, instead of Notts.

convincation

VIP
Bsc is Bachelor of Science, i.e your first 3/4 years. MSc is Masters, 1 year. Usually, you have the option to select a 4 year integrated bachelor + masters, or your normal 3 years only. In UCAS, you will see the options.

My opinion, go for the masters, its worth it. I wanna do mine right after I finish my Bsc, and it opens so much doors for you.

You applied for Warwick, then go for Manchester then, instead of Notts.
Yh I know what BSc and MSc is I meant does one of the unis have a better undergrad or masters program

I’m trying to get one of these “black excellence” scholarships and I heard some pay for both masters and undergrad. If I can secure that then I might do a masters straight after undergrad but that’s too long into the future to be thinking about rn.

Warwick is the one I’m a bit iffy about because they’re requirements even with a contextual is AAA and I’m applying with a B.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by if I apply for warwick I should apply for Manchester?

I go to notts, you can get bursary from notts if your a lower income student, I think it’s 1500 but it’s money, there’s quite few Somalis here but they mostly do medicine. I like the city it’s not too big that you feel overwhelmed and there’s loads of societies that are very active, though the Somali society is shit

convincation

VIP
I go to notts, you can get bursary from notts if your a lower income student, I think it’s 1500 but it’s money, there’s quite few Somalis here but they mostly do medicine. I like the city it’s not too big that you feel overwhelmed and there’s loads of societies that are very active, though the Somali society is shit
What societies would you recommend?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Yh I know what BSc and MSc is I meant does one of the unis have a better undergrad or masters program

I’m trying to get one of these “black excellence” scholarships and I heard some pay for both masters and undergrad. If I can secure that then I might do a masters straight after undergrad but that’s too long into the future to be thinking about rn.

Warwick is the one I’m a bit iffy about because they’re requirements even with a contextual is AAA and I’m applying with a B.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by if I apply for warwick I should apply for Manchester?
Think about masters now, its truly important. A integrated year or not.

Warwick and Notts = Same standards of teaching really, same feeling, same scenarios. Visit the campuses and you would understand what I mean. Manchester would be the better option in this scenario. Its like me applying for LSE, Imperial, UCL and Kings. Good unis, but they are all of the same calibre, thus, making it, harder or (easier, depending on your PS).

Trending