REER UK I need you to come in. I’m traveling to London soon, need to know this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I’ll be there for 12 days inshalah

Is there anyway I can buy an oyster for 2 weeks that will cover traveling through all of London and it’s suburbs?

You folks have difference subway systems where they don’t coordinate together. This is one of the reasons I call the place a 3rd world.

For instance, in Toronto, you can get a month’s pass where you can hop on trains and buses throughout Toronto but in the UK you are required to buy one card for one lane of subway.

I’ve done a quick research, oh lord the place is an effing 3rd wold. They got zones. You are forced to buy an Oyster card to cover that zone. Good grief!

This effing sucks unless you got a news for me.

Last edited:
you can buy oysters from some underground stations and corner shops. But you can also use your bank card. You can top up 1 months travel with the card. IDK if they still do paper tickets anymore

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
you can buy oysters from some underground stations and corner shops. But you can also use your bank card. You can top up 1 months travel with the card. IDK if they still do paper tickets anymore

Dude! You do know that I’m limited to 1 to 2 zones. You people don’t effing have a card that covers all the dam zones you guys have. Why do you people have zones, is the place Occupied Palestine

Dude! You do know that I’m limited to 1 to 2 zones. You people don’t effing have a card that covers all the dam zones you guys have. Why do you people have zones, is the place Occupied Palestine

when you're buying it tell them what zones you will travel it will include buses

Keo

VIP
An oyster card won't cover all the zones. Genereally once you get beyond zone 6 an oyster card can't be used because they are not going to have oyster card readers present at these stations. I don't see any reason why you would venture outside of zone 3 unless there are specific areas you are looking to visit whilst on your stay here. A lot of the people that come to visit London only stay within zones 1 - 2 anyway.

Last edited:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
An oyster card won't cover all the zones. Genereally once you get beyond zone 6 an oyster card can't be used because they are not going to have oyster card readers present at these stations. I don't see any reason why you would venture outside of zone 3 unless there are specific areas you are looking to visit whilst on your stay here. A lot of the people that come to visit London only stay within zones 1 - 2 anyway.

:dwill::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Ummm ok! What if I wanna go to Hounslow?, Shepards Bush or Acton?

Keo

VIP
:dwill::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

Ummm ok! What if I wanna go to Hounslow?, Shepards Bush or Acton?
Oh I forgot, you are going to visit families, right? So yeah, that's one of the specific reasons I was alluding to. Hounslow is zone 4 - 5, Shepherd's Bush is zone 2 and Acton is zone 3.

Good Lord! $$278

What is this an apartment rent ?

Ileen meesha wa lagu dhintay

kkkkkkk ciyaar ciyaar ma aha London is the most expensive city in the world. You better off using your bank card (if you have contact less debit/MasterCard) or buying an oyster and topping up!

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
kkkkkkk ciyaar ciyaar ma aha London is the most expensive city in the world. You better off using your bank card (if you have contact less debit/MasterCard) or buying an oyster and topping up!

I’m afraid I could be charged international fees. I have Capital One MasterCard

As a tourist you should get a zone 1-2
Oyster travel card. This will also give you unlimited bus use throughout London. Make use of the bus as much as possible. Also sit on the top and front seat so you enjoy the view of the city.

But if you want fully flexible travel then just get zone 1-6 travel card. But it may cost you an arm and a leg.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
As a tourist you should get a zone 1-2
Oyster travel card. This will also give you unlimited bus use throughout London. Make use of the bus as much as possible. Also sit on the top and front seat so you enjoy the view of the city.

But if you want fully flexible travel then just get zone 1-6 travel card. But it may cost you an arm and a leg.

Rageedii!

Thanks

But I should inform you of the type of visitor I am

I’ve been to the UK numerous times

I’m gonna be there to spend time with my child. It means I will be taking the child to kids attractions wherever that might be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending