Reading the whole Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Sura 5 Al-Ma'ida at lunch today.:mjhaps:

The last few ayats , gave the meaning behind the Surah's name Al-Ma'ida (The Table Spread).

But the interesting thing was one, for the first time it confirms the Disciples of Jesus, and it also in away confirms the inspiration for the famous Christian imagery of the last supper with Jesus and his disciples.:ohhh:

111. And [remember] when I inspired to the disciples, "Believe in Me and in My messenger Jesus." They said, "We have believed, so bear witness that indeed we are Muslims [in submission to Allah ]."

112. [And remember] when the disciples said, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, can your Lord send down to us a table [spread with food] from the heaven? [Jesus] said," Fear Allah, if you should be believers."

113. They said, "We wish to eat from it and let our hearts be reassured and know that you have been truthful to us and be among its witnesses."

114. Said Jesus, the son of Mary, "O Allah, our Lord, send down to us a table [spread with food] from the heaven to be for us a festival for the first of us and the last of us and a sign from You. And provide for us, and You are the best of providers."

115. Allah said, "Indeed, I will sent it down to you, but whoever disbelieves afterwards from among you - then indeed will I punish him with a punishment by which I have not punished anyone among the worlds."
Bruh!! part of me thinks that last verse was a diss a judas for betraying Esa and snitching to the Romans.

:ooh::holeup:

BankaTuyo

حيران
So this spring, I have started a new routine of reading Quran during daily lunch break at work. I have finished it once already and this month I started over, this time with Tafsir/translation.

I am gonna post interesting, and intriguing ayats I come across during my daily reading here.:siilaanyosmile:

At the beginning this was a chore, but its become a favorite part of my day right now:ahh:

Currently on Surah 5 Al-Ma'ida:yacadiim:

Masha allah, good on you mate..... if you understand Arabic, specially the Egyptian dialect, the tafsiir of sheikh Mutawalli Sha'rawi is pure gold, i have never seen or heard any other sheikh coming close to his way of interpreting the quran with so much context and references. he may spend 3 hours explaining half an Ayah. he is also the best philosopher i have listened to in my life. may he rest in peace. ameen

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Can you read it in arabic? because i can't it's depressing and the english translation just doesn't feel the same.

For tafsir I use an English book, that does more than just translation by using hadeeth to give context to the ayats. This is better than just a literal translation, because 1 to 1 translation is difficult.

Also a website like the following also gives more context to the ayats than just literal translation to English; http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php?sura=32

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
The Quran uniquely addressed each question from apostates 1400 years ago whether they're Christians, Jews, pagans or even atheists.

Masha allah, good on you mate..... if you understand Arabic, specially the Egyptian dialect, the tafsiir of sheikh Mutawalli Sha'rawi is pure gold, i have never seen or heard any other sheikh coming close to his way of interpreting the quran with so much context and references. he may spend 3 hours explaining half an Ayah. he is also the best philosopher i have listened to in my life. may he rest in peace. ameen
I love listening to Al sharawi he breaks it down very simply in a way that only he can do I still remember listening to his tafsiir on tv before maghreb:salute:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Recently read Surah As-Sharah, these two ayats below stuck out to me.

5. So verily, with the hardship, there is relief,

6. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief

Allah in consecutive ayats, proclaims for every hardship we may face there is relief to accompany, ie there is no permanent hardship or hard times. For every test Allah gives us, He has the antidote ready all we need is patience. :wow:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Recently read Surah AlFajr, some very good ayats on the human condition and our love for wealth.

15. As for man, when his Lord tries him by giving him honour and gifts, then he says (puffed up): "My Lord has honoured me."

16. But when He tries him, by straitening his means of life, he says: "My Lord has humiliated me!"

17. Nay! But you treat not the orphans with kindness and generosity (i.e. you neither treat them well, nor give them their exact right of inheritance)!

18. And urge not on the feeding of AlMiskin (the poor)!

20. And you love wealth with much love!

These ayats feel even more relevant nowadays, we are all hyper materialistic and are all in pursuit of money in order to pay for all these things. :francis:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I have thoroughly enjoyed it, may Allaah make it heavy on your scale of good deeds!

I hope to contribute more in the future in shaa Allah.

Thank you walaal, its always good to see notification of a thumbs up from you as motivation to continue.:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts