Reactionary vs Creationary

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
As I reflect on my life, I am coming to a conclusion that we are given a binary choice in the way we live out our lives. We either live in the past by spending the bulk of our time doing or pondering about things that has already happened or concentrate on creating new realities around us. Coincidentally negativity dwells in the former.

Naturally I started asking myself on a daily basis what I achieved and what I created today. The result was really depressing for me. I was living a reactionary life. Even participating on this platform is reactionary in nature. A voice deep inside me is asking me why I am not living the life of creativity, the life of today's visionaries like Elon Musk. I mean we all have a choice to make and live with benefits and regrets of it. I want to be creationary and live a forward facing life.

I am sure we all make this discovery one day in our life. My post turned out to be a sort of a rant. But, you got the idea, right?

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Ask yourself what you want to achieve and set goals. If positive recognition is what you seek then you will lead a very depressing life.

AbdiGeedi

Ask yourself what you want to achieve and set goals. If positive recognition is what you seek then you will lead a very depressing life.
I don't care about recognition because I realize how insignificant the life on the Pale Blue Dot is. I am in search of a fulfilling life though.

I am drawn to engineering.

Watch this video in entirety if you have time:

And this one. I love how Elon Musk put a label on his product: "Made by Humans on Earth".

AbdiGeedi

The creativity and amount of work that went into just a landing phase of the Curiosity Mars Rover is mind-boggling. I would love to work on similar projects and even setup my own start-up.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Why just binary? When we also spend time:
  • Ruminating or reminiscing about the past
  • Preoccupied with potential 'futures' both idyllic and worst case scenarios
  • And focusing on life in the present as well
All of this can occur several times in the same day.

Trending