Ramadan is starting soon. You know what that means……. πŸ˜₯😭😭😭

IstarZ

A mere finger can’t obscure the sun.
we tried freezing sambuus, my grandmother complained about how it didn't taste as good as fresh. My grandmother's word is law. for buur we usually make a bulk and it lasts for 3-4 days, that's why it really isn't an issue.

Malawax does take long when you're feeding extended family (9 adults, 6 kids) about each person eats 3 malawax. Imagine how much that is.
Sambuus is 3 for each person as well

I would like to have a different healthier menu as well but i have a lot of aunts, uncles, grandma and they'd all complain. They'll say that "we starve all day only to eat things we don't even like. Bring back our delicious somali food." no one cares about us who are teens and early 20s. Even if i wanted to make a separate healthier menu, I'm too tired after going to school, work and cooking all that stuff.:mjcry: instead I just lessen my portions and don't eat suxuur.
My ayeeyo would say the same, lol. It’s only for a month. Iska adkeeyso. You’ll be rewarded for it bi’dhnillah.

Introduce the healthy alternatives stealthily so that way it won’t feel like you’re depriving them of what they’re used to.

we tried freezing sambuus, my grandmother complained about how it didn't taste as good as fresh. My grandmother's word is law. for buur we usually make a bulk and it lasts for 3-4 days, that's why it really isn't an issue.

Malawax does take long when you're feeding extended family (9 adults, 6 kids) about each person eats 3 malawax. Imagine how much that is.
Sambuus is 3 for each person as well

I would like to have a different healthier menu as well but i have a lot of aunts, uncles, grandma and they'd all complain. They'll say that "we starve all day only to eat things we don't even like. Bring back our delicious somali food." no one cares about us who are teens and early 20s. Even if i wanted to make a separate healthier menu, I'm too tired after going to school, work and cooking all that stuff. instead I just lessen my portions and don't eat suxuur.
You could always get a maid, you know :)

Yaraye

VIP
Don't steal sambusa and run to the washroom to eat it like a jiir when your hooyo isn't looking.
:deadpeter::deadpeter: I'm too old to be doing that. Plus if you break your fast without reason (like the exceptions that are allowed to break your fast in islam Ex; period, sickness...etc) you are required to fast 60 day! What a harsh punishment! :jcoleno: It keeps me in line tho :mjpls:

sambuus, buur, timir, malawax, maraq, and smoothies isn't feasting
Yet you complain

Screenshot_20230213-213712_Gallery.jpg

Yaraye

VIP
My ayeeyo would say the same, lol. It’s only for a month. Iska adkeeyso. You’ll be rewarded for it bi’dhnillah.

Introduce the healthy alternatives stealthily so that way it won’t feel like you’re depriving them of what they’re used to.
I will adkeeyso of course. I need to vent somewhere tho :shaq:
We've tried to introduce, but no one touches those except for me :mjkkk:
So I just eat 3 sambuus, 1 buur, and sometimes 1 malawax. However I drink a lot of water instead of juice/smoothie. For suxuur I drink 1 protien shake. That makes me lose about 3-4 lbs by the end of ramadan.

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
good luck. Hunger isn't the issue, but the thirst will kill you. That's coming from a water addict.
Tbh food & water isn’t the issue. Chewing gum & cigarettes are gonna be a struggle, but inshallah i will quit smoking for good dis ramadan.

Yaraye

VIP
Tbh food & water isn’t the issue. Chewing gum & cigarettes are gonna be a struggle, but inshallah i will quit smoking for good dis ramadan.
Must be difficult. I wish you the best :salute:
Hopefully ramadan will help me stop my cravings for sweets :rejoice:

Trending

Latest posts