Ramadan Festival in Muqdisho (1939) [Colorized]

Nice video but I didn’t like how those Indians were sitting up at top staring down at Somalis and Somalis dancing for them, looked weird

Somalia was highly diverse before the civil war, like 10 percent of Somalia was non-Somali mostly concentrated in the south.

An old Sikh man from London once told me he lived in Mogadishu during the 1970s and said it was the best African country he had lived in because of how close the city was to the beach and because there was a wedding happening every day so the Indians and Pakistanis that ran Gold shops in the city always had customers.

This was also around the time Idi Amin confiscated all of their wealth in Uganda.

An old Sikh man from London once told me he lived in Mogadishu during the 1970s and said it was the best African country he had lived in because of how close the city was to the beach and because there was a wedding happening every day so the Indians and Pakistanis that ran Gold shops in the city always had customers.

This was also around the time Idi Amin confiscated all of their wealth in Uganda.

they dominated the whole economy in the rest of Eastern Africa but were mostly small scale jewelry sellers in ours, and they were assimilated mostly.

like 90 percent of all Ugandan exports went through a tin-jileec

Trending