Racism in egypt

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Like most Somali females your cousin is probably bleached to the high heavens
She doesn't bleach. She's borderline a "BLM Xalimo" stereotype but she is a little light skinned and rather narrow featured. Still, you can immediately tell she's no Arab or MENA.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I've heard they treat Somalis there nicely. Is this true? One of my cousins who's stayed in Cairo for a time told me she didn't experience racism which surprised me given what I keep seeing in the media regarding Nubians and Sudani Arabs.
Kinda, they treat them well because most are from western countries and they like to cheat us from our money

Some Somali qabiils kulaha. Outside of known outmixers like Gibil-Cad Benadiris and the Degoodi, anyone who tries to tell you they can tell the difference between qabiilo is a nahab.
My mother’s very light but she’s not benadiri

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
My mother’s very light but she’s not benadiri
So's mine and so are several of my aunts and cousins, some of which are just family friends and are from other qabiils. What is your point?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Im there right now bro. Money talks here.

Many of them just assume we are Egyptian, it’s only when your Arabic falters that they realise we are Somali.
They’ve called me everything in the book. Egyptian, Algerian, Pakistani, Ethiopian, Sudani, and Somali.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Like most Somali females your cousin is probably bleached to the high heavens

Nah it's gotta be the bleached skin more specifically. How do explain a mixed black Sudanese with similar features as a Somali still being discriminated against?
Bro there’s Egyptians that are near blick. They have different perceptions of people. Somalis arw generally not poor and are a small number who come to learn the deen or families wanting their kids to learn arabic for the deen, they see that as positive and will think good of you. They think somalis are good religious muslims who will leave the west to learn the deen unlike their Egyptian relatives in the west. Where as, Sudanis are mainly refugees, so they see them as a burden.
Huge difference.
:browtf:

Isaaq tend to look like chunks on average, or muse bihi in phenotypes. Daroods look like farmajo or gaas. Hawiyes look like sheikh sharif or hassan mohammed.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Some Somali qabiils kulaha. Outside of known outmixers like Gibil-Cad Benadiris and the Degoodi, anyone who tries to tell you they can tell the difference between qabiilo is a nahab.
Pretty obvious who’s OG and who’s not.
If they’re tall and handsome/beautiful and thin.
UNEKA LEH!
avatar the last airbender dancing GIF

AbdiFreedom

Save 🇨🇦 from Mass Punjabi Invasion
Staff Member

I can tell differences between qabiils but its not because of light skin. More like nose, mouth, jaw line, height, weight, skull, etc.

AbdiFreedom

Save 🇨🇦 from Mass Punjabi Invasion
Staff Member
Heard this happens to horners as well

It definently does. I know a Somali Khaleeji bootyclapping girl that moved there and was viciously abused mentally. She went there to learn more about the diin (she was already a pro). She flew back to the west.

It definently does. I know a Somali Khaleeji bootyclapping girl that moved there and was viciously abused mentally. She went there to learn more about the diin (she was already a pro). She flew back to the west.
They segregate against western diaspora as well? Damn that sucks