Apollo

VIP
WTF :mindblown::wtf:

Paternally R1b, yet autosomally highly Somali:

n8WdPQo.png

Apollo

VIP
Some Persian or Indian traders.

We'll probably find more haplogroups like this.

Secretly hoping it will be R-V88, that would be awesome. It is ultra-rare in the Horn.

Weird how he doesn't look that Benadiri admixed. Insane how 0.7% could land on the paternal lineage.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
There are always outliers. We can't deny them.

There are even Benadiri's that score high autosomal of Somali with different paternal lineages. I've seen few Benadiris in my life that look pure Somali. It's crazy.

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Some Persian or Indian traders.

We'll probably find more haplogroups like this.

There is a minority Somali tribe living in Sanaag that descent from Indian traders long time ago and they look like an average Somali but instead with a paternal lineage of Haplogroup H (Y-DNA).

Apollo

VIP
This isn’t paternal but in the Mikkelsen study 5.9% of the ethnic Somalis tested had an R mtdna and to my understanding the R haplogroup originated from the ANE population, u sure the minor iran Neolithic component in us didn’t have some form of ANE ancestry?
http://anthromadness.blogspot.com/2015/08/somali-mtdna-frequencies.html?m=1

You are making a small error here. maternal R0 is common in Afro-Asiatic groups. It has nothing to do with paternal R1b which is associated with Europeans and Indo-European influenced West/Centra; Asians.

Paternal R in Somalis before to my knowledge was mostly R1a in Benadiri admixed people. This is the first time I saw an R1b Somali and shockingly in a highly Somali person.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Oh it is from 23andMe.com

It is the best test and also relatively cheap. Don't go for ancestry.com
I know it's from 23andme and obviously it isn't your result, im trying to find out what person these results belong to.

People need to ascribing every outlier to Indians or Arabs. It's weird. The amount of genetic studies done on Somalis is small, so the more studies done, the more anomolies and outliers we'll find. It's stupid to believe every Ethnic Somali has to be either E-V32 or T-M184.

Trending

Latest posts