R0a2?

Got my 23 and me results. They said my haplogroup is r0a2. 1st all the way to 5th generation my family are east african. After the 5th gen they said 6th generation all the way passed 8+ are all egyptian. R0a is a arabian peninsula (persian origin). They said my haplo came from there and came down to north africa. Which I find strange because I expected atleast yemen in my blood since i'm habar awal Ciise muuse but no.

Attachments

• 20210613_091057.jpg
    20210613_091057.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 277

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
Got my 23 and me results. They said my haplogroup is r0a2. 1st all the way to 5th generation my family are east african. After the 5th gen they said 6th generation all the way passed 8+ are all egyptian. R0a is a arabian peninsula (persian origin). They said my haplo came from there and came down to north africa. Which I find strange because I expected atleast yemen in my blood since i'm habar awal Ciise muuse but no.
if it's lower 1% it's prop nothing that include the congolese thing

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
R0a2 is a common Somali mtDNA lineage. It pops up in studies and all over commercial test results. Like 1/5th of my relatives on 23andme must be some R0a subclade. It comes from our ancient MENA and probably has zilch to do with that extra MENA you're showing.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You having a little dhegocase in you has nothing to do with being Cissa Musse. It is narrowed down to your unique family history. You can't take that and claim your subclan or all of Issaq are part dhegocase because most are no different from other Somalis with many scoring 100% Somali on 23andme. Unless there is recent mixture like your case. As for your haplogroup its found in 100% Somalis and can't be reduced to recent admixture.

You having a little dhegocase in you has nothing to do with being Cissa Musse. It is narrowed down to your unique family history. You can't take that and claim your subclan or all of Issaq are part dhegocase because most are no different from other Somalis with many scoring 100% Somali on 23andme. Unless there is recent mixture like your case. As for your haplogroup its found in 100% Somalis and can't be reduced to recent admixture.
first off the congelese / southeast african 23& me count it as a whole region. when i clicked on mine and it pointed to tanzania/kenya 0.3%. And what i was trying to say regarding the clan . the decendents are said be from iraq but 23&me pointing it more to iran . Which i am saying that is weird

if it's lower 1% it's prop nothing that include the congolese thing
23 and me counts congelese and south east african as a awhole . When clicking on region mine is pointing to kenya /tanzania with 0.3%. Second my thread was not even about that. what i was trying to say regarding the clan . the decendents are said be from iraq but 23&me pointing it more to iran . Which i am saying that is weird
Quot

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
first off the congelese / southeast african 23& me count it as a whole region. when i clicked on mine and it pointed to tanzania/kenya 0.3%. And what i was trying to say regarding the clan . the decendents are said be from iraq but 23&me pointing it more to iran . Which i am saying that is weird

The small amount of non-Somali admixture which is 1.1% Arab, Egyptian and Levantine is accompanied by 0.3% South East African aka Bantu which is a reminant of relations with SEA women as a consequence of the Trans Saharan Slave Trade which extended from West Africa to South East Africa with prisoners of war mostly of Niger-Congo origins destined for North Africa or the Gulf.

This is absent in non-admixed Somalis. Oddly enough a small segment of Gulf Arabs lack this admixture. These are likely those which are non-urbanized and isolated or of Jewish descent.

EV32 or T1a which are possessed by other Somalis (Dir, Darood, Hawiye) don't appear to be from Iraq. That is a propagated myth you were misinformed about which sadly hasn't died.

R0a2 is a maternal haplogroup. And dhegocase descent comes from the father's side. Many Somalis including myself have non-African haplogroups from people that back migrated thousands of years ago. Here is a breakdown of some maternal haplogroups found in Somalis:

The small amount of non-Somali admixture which is 1.1% Arab and Levantine is accompanied by 0.3% South East African aka Bantu which is a reminant of relations with SEA women as a consequence of the Trans Saharan Slave Trade which extended from West Africa to South East Africa with prisoners of war mostly of Niger-Congo origins destined for North Africa or the Gulf.

This is absent in non-admixed Somalis. Oddly enough a small segment of Gulf Arabs lack this admixture. These are likely those which are non-urbanized and isolated or of Jewish descent.

EV32 or T1a which are possessed by other Somalis (Dir, Darood, Hawiye) don't appear to be from Iraq. That is a propagated myth you were misinformed about which sadly hasn't died.
im thinking of taking the test since my maternal grandpa is obviously admixed with(cad cad ect),my only concern is 23andme potentially giving out my dna to third party companies.What r ur thoughts on the privacy of 23andme

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
im thinking of taking the test since my maternal grandpa is obviously admixed with(cad cad ect),my only concern is 23andme potentially giving out my dna to third party companies.What r ur thoughts on the privacy of 23andme

I was a skeptic for many years and had an issue with privacy concerns. I reneged on allowing them to use that sample for other purposes. You have that option too.

Trending

Latest posts