Quran 33:53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding something disgusting or enjoyable doesn't dictate whether it's morally acceptable or not.

If I find fish to be disgusting does that mean it is haram?

In fact the question was how can an atheist deem it to be morally wrong, not whether you find it disgusting or not.

Nowhere in my posts have i attributed the disgust from incest to religion. Stop lying.

I asked if two consenting adults who happen to be brother and sister and who don't have the ability to produce offspring have intercourse with each other, is it morally wrong? If so provide evidence.
My mentioning disgust is more directly relevant to incest than morality. Morality dictates what you believe is right or wrong behaviour. If you are talking about your own personal actions disgust can be a valid motivator, but when it comes to the behaviour of others it isn't, rationality alone is. If there are people committing incest that risks the result of producing a baby, yes it is morally wrong. That is rational, there is a clear and measurable negative consequence from that action. If they are using a form of birth control or are sterile, there is no clear negative consequence from that action. All that exists is disgust, the people committing incest however don't have that disgust and from their perspective it isn't morally wrong. My own disgust isn't enough for me to make them stop. It isn't morally wrong. There is no objective morality.

Answer my question. Is it a coincidence that you happened to be born into the one true religion?

What is your position on this? Is it morally wrong?
Your argument is not going to build up to a conclusion that answers the initial question. You're supposed to argue about the truth of Islam, not about its promotion of morality. I'm asking you about how you know Islam is the one true religion, your responses are asking about the morality about not being a Muslim. Even if that were the case that not being a Muslim meant being a amoral monster that doesn't prove the truth of Islam. It doesn't prove that Muhammad talked to an angel in the cave. You do understand the difference correct?

My mentioning disgust is more directly relevant to incest than morality. Morality dictates what you believe is right or wrong behaviour. If you are talking about your own personal actions disgust can be a valid motivator, but when it comes to the behaviour of others it isn't, rationality alone is. If there are people committing incest that risks the result of producing a baby, yes it is morally wrong. That is rational, there is a clear and measurable negative consequence from that action. If they are using a form of birth control or are sterile, there is no clear negative consequence from that action. All that exists is disgust, the people committing incest however don't have that disgust and from their perspective it isn't morally wrong. My own disgust isn't enough for me to make them stop. It isn't morally wrong. There is no objective morality.

Answer my question. Is it a coincidence that you happened to be born into the one true religion?
To be sincere, I don't know the answer to that question.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
So he married widows to help them out right? Because an unmarried woman living in 7th century Arabia couldn't manage on her own. (Nevermind about Khadija being able to pull it off before marrying Muhammad) So why is it that Muhammad prohibited others from marrying his widows after he himself dies? He had no problem marrying other men's widows but was opposed to others doing the same to him.

The Ayat talks about the un uncivilized practice prevalent among the Arabs was that the visitors would call on a friend or acquaintance right at the time of the meals, or would come and prolong their stay till the meals time approached. This would often cause the master of the house great embarrassment. He could neither be so discourteous as to tell the visitors to leave because it was his meals time, nor could feed so many unexpected guests together. For it is not always possible for a person to arrange meals immediately for as many visitors as happened to call on him at a time. Allah disapproved of this practice and commanded that the visitors should go for meals to a house only when invited. This command did not in particular apply to the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) house only but the rules were in the beginning enforced in that model household so that they become general rules of etiquette in the houses of the other Muslims as well. This was to reform yet another foolish practice. The guests at a feast, after they had finished eating, would sit down to endless gossip and discussions much to the inconvenience of the people of the house. They would often embarrass the Prophet (peace be upon him) also by this practice, but he would forbear and forget. At last on the day of the marriage feast of Zainab the embarrassment thus caused crossed all limits. According to the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) special attendant, Anas bin Malik, the feast was held at night. Most of the people left after taking food but a couple or two of them got engaged in gossip. Disconcerted the Prophet (peace be upon him) rose and went round to his wives. When he returned he found the gentlemen still sitting. He turned back and sat in Aishah’s apartment. When a good deal of the night had passed he came to know that the gentlemen had left. Then he returned and went to the apartment of Zainab. After this it became inevitable that Allah Himself should warn the people of these evil practices. According to Anas these verses were revealed on this occasion. (Muslim, Nasai, Ibn Jarir).

This is the explanation of what has been said in ( verse 6): “The Prophet’s wives are mothers of the believers.”
Why would people want to marry their mothers ?
Cherry picks verses, Islam is perfect :trumpsmirk:

To be sincere, I don't know the answer to that question.
Yes you do. You are a Muslim. You believe Islam is the one true religion. You being born into a Muslim family was sheer coincidence. You do understand the implication of this right? Your position right now is indistinguishable from the position countless people throughout human history have been in. Each and every one of them believing that the religion they were born into was the one true religion. Always ask why you believe in the things you do, justify them. Don't just blindly follow the religion of your parents. There is no evidence about Muhammad's account. The fact that it's indistinguishable from any other religion in terms of this is pretty telling about whether or not Muhammad was telling the truth.

What is it over and over again that the Quran tells us about asking for this evidence. It praises those who believe in that which remains unseen. According to the Quran faith is a virtue. I disagree with that. Think about it, why exactly does the God of the Quran consider gullibility a virtue worthy about being rewarded? Those who are gullible enough to believe in an unlikely story from an uneducated 7th century desert nomad are virtuous. Do you think maybe it's because the person telling you his story about receiving a message from an angel has no evidence and this was the best he could come up with to get people to listen to him?

There are countless religions. They can't all be right. They can all be wrong though.

Your argument is not going to build up to a conclusion that answers the initial question. You're supposed to argue about the truth of Islam, not about its promotion of morality. I'm asking you about how you know Islam is the one true religion, your responses are asking about the morality about not being a Muslim. Even if that were the case that not being a Muslim meant being a amoral monster that doesn't prove the truth of Islam. It doesn't prove that Muhammad talked to an angel in the cave. You do understand the difference correct?
I've already told you that by posting this video I am not trying to prove Islam. No where in the question i posed is Islam even stated.

I've never claimed that because Islam promotes So and So that it is the one true religion. My only intention was to expose to the atheists on this platform the inherent flaws regarding their worldview.

Please know that at this point I am not ready to prove Islam to you. I am in the process of gathering my arguments and will hopefully give a complete answer shortly.

I've already told you that by posting this video I am not trying to prove Islam. No where in the question i posed is Islam even stated.

I've never claimed that because Islam promotes So and So that it is the one true religion. My only intention was to expose to the atheists on this platform the inherent flaws regarding their worldview.

Please know that at this point I am not ready to prove Islam to you. I am in the process of gathering my arguments and will hopefully give a complete answer shortly.
Yes you absolutely have to provide evidence about Islam. Specifically that Muhammad really was being contacted by God. This is the foundation of your belief in Islam. The one and only thing that matters. If you didn't have this evidence, you wouldn't be a Muslim. Do you disagree with that statement? Since you are a Muslim, you therefore have evidence. I am requesting it from you.

So although it has no value to anyone today it's stuck in the Quran because it is after all from God himself. The Quran isn't getting rid of anything so that verse is still there like a dead tooth. Okay. So why did Muhammad marry widows himself? Their original husbands would have wanted them in the hereafter the same way Muhammad wanted his many wives in the hereafter on top of his eternal virgins. That doesn't sound fair to me. Plus this is the behaviour of cult leaders, a true prophet of god should avoid similarities with them. Taking multiple sex partners for himself while limiting it for others is the behaviour of Jim Jones and Joseph Smith.
Your getting your emotions into this I can see, using words like cult, not fair and so on and so forth, the Prophets already have a higher status than I and you. They never missed prayers and try be sinless from the tiniest of sins. God has simply by his Qadar he chosen Prophet Muhammad other than John or Jack. A true prophet by your claim is based among the belief of Modern society, you knew the prophet lived for 23 years in a house made of mud and smaller than the other sahabah, you sayng there is not equality.

Your getting your emotions into this I can see, using words like cult, not fair and so on and so forth, the Prophets already have a higher status than I and you. They never missed prayers and try be sinless from the tiniest of sins. God has simply by his Qadar he chosen Prophet Muhammad other than John or Jack. A true prophet by your claim is based among the belief of Modern society, you knew the prophet lived for 23 years in a house made of mud and smaller than the other sahabah, you sayng there is not equality.
The word cult leader is apt here. Keep in mind from the perspective of a Muslim Muhammad is a true prophet. His behaviour should be distinguishable from the behaviour of a cult leader. The more similar his behaviour is to a cult leader the more likely a reasonable person would think of him that way, instead of as a true prophet of God. Does that make sense?

The word cult leader is apt here. Keep in mind from the perspective of a Muslim Muhammad is a true prophet. His behaviour should be distinguishable from the behaviour of a cult leader. The more similar his behaviour is to a cult leader the more likely a reasonable person would think of him that way, instead of as a true prophet of God. Does that make sense?
Before we get to your point, my question I need you to answer is
What is your definition of a Prophet?

Because you comparing your image of a true prophet like some sort of 21st century activist.

No. His behaviour being indistinguishable from that of cult leader doesn't affect whether he is a true prophet of God or not. It is the evidence that matters.

"The more similar his behaviour is to a cult leader the more likely a reasonable person would think of him that way, instead of as a true prophet of God."

That depends on the individuals perception of a true prophet of God. Does that make sense?

No. His behaviour being indistinguishable from that of cult leader doesn't affect whether he is a true prophet of God or not. It is the evidence that matters.

"The more similar his behaviour is to a cult leader the more likely a reasonable person would think of him that way, instead of as a true prophet of God."

That depends on the individuals perception of a true prophet God. Does that make sense?
You're right. There could be a real prophet of God that is totally indistinguishable from a fraud, that isn't impossible. The only problem being that it would be totally rational for us not to believe he was a real prophet. It would be totally rational for us to believe he was a fraud. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck it probably is a duck.

You're right. There could be a real prophet of God that is totally indistinguishable from a fraud, that isn't impossible. The only problem being that it would be totally rational for us not to believe he was a real prophet. It would be totally rational for us to believe he was a fraud. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck it probably is a duck.
Unless presented with evidence of course.

Notice how I said behaviour.
Let me fix that then. There can be a true prophet whose behaviour is indistinguishable from a cult leader's. Now why would we believe one man who behaves like a cult leader but not another? Do you remember why I asked you if it was purely coincidental that you happened to be born into the one true religion? The answer to that question is the same answer to this one.

Let me fix that then. There can be a true prophet whose behaviour is indistinguishable from a cult leader's. Now why would we believe one man who behaves like a cult leader but not another? Do you remember why I asked you if it was purely coincidental that you happened to be born into the one true religion? The answer to that question is the same answer to this one.
In the post I stated "Evidence is all that matters". I also remember you stating that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending