Questions:

Bohol

VIP
Cool. I'm just basing it on the law of large numbers. Sacad Musse are the largest pop in Gabiley the second most populous is Gadabuursi. There are other DIrs but wasn't aware Issaq (Toljecel) lived there (assumed them to be an Eastern dwelling clan). I know Akisho live there too. But did not know others like Gurgura were there, I thought they were entirely located in the Somali Galbeed. Correct me if I'm wrong?

A segment of Akisho live in Gabiley but I didn't include Akisho as their origin is unknown. You can read it here the 2012 local elections of Gabiley and how the communities are represented there.
Madigaan, Gurguure and Akisho each got a seat.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
It truly depends on clans. If you're Dir, there are little chances of having anything other than T-L208.
If you're Isaaq (but not Habar Awal), you're highly likely to get T too, unless you are Habr Awal. In that case, it is still a bit confusing as to what is the ratio of E-V32 to T-L208 but I'd say you're highly likely to get E-V32 here.

If you're any other type of somali, chances are high you'll get E-V32. The most frequent non-E-V32 Haplogroup after T-L208 in Somalis is J1. It is then closely followed by other E3b subclades. Statistically, very very very few Somalis get anything other than these. However some very odd South Asian and Eurasian haplotypes clan be found in the very hinterland of the Horn. There are also very very very very few somalis that have tested positive for Subsaharan lineages.

I personally am Isaaq, HA, and got T-L208.
“If you’re Isaaq and not Habar Awal you’re highly likely to be T”

That right there is a huge generalization because we know by now that clans are just confederations. For example my clan is Habar Jeclo we have both T and E.

My point is we can’t make such generalized assumptions till we get more samples.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Cool. I'm just basing it on the law of large numbers. Sacad Musse are the largest population in Gabiley the second most populous is Gadabuursi. There are other DIrs but wasn't aware Issaq (Toljecel) lived there (assumed them to be an Eastern dwelling clan). I know Akisho live there too. But did not know others like Gurgura were there, I thought they were entirely located in the Somali Galbeed. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Smaller Dir tribes all have small presence in Waqooyi Galbeed. Most of them would be around Gabiley/Hargeisa area.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
“If you’re Isaaq and not Habar Awal you’re highly likely to be T”

That right there is a huge generalization because we know by now that clans are just confederations. For example my clan is Habar Jeclo we have both T and E.

My point is we can’t make such generalized assumptions till we get more samples.
Garxajis is not a confederation.

The Somali Caesar

VIP
Garxajis is not a confederation.
What do you base that on?
There’s not sufficient evidence because Only a few Somalis actually take the test. As more Somalis take the test we’ll get a better picture and get more accurate results.

And then and only then can we make such assumptions until then let’s just wait and see.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
What do you base that on?
There’s not sufficient evidence because Only a few Somalis actually take the test. As more Somalis take the test we’ll get a better picture and get more accurate results.

And then and only then can we make such assumptions until then let’s just wait and see.
1585379263931.png

One Habar Yoonis and one Ciidagalle. Same subclade that was formed 750 years ago. I've litteraly heard of no E-M32 Garxajis. The dates and T1a positive Garxajis add up bro, its not a confederation.

The Somali Caesar

VIP
View attachment 101522

One Habar Yoonis and one Ciidagalle. Same subclade that was formed 750 years ago. I've litteraly heard of no E-M32 Garxajis. The dates and T1a positive Garxajis add up bro, its not a confederation.
Bro there’s a Somali proverb that says understanding is priceless. I’m not disputing the authenticity of Garxajis clan at all.

You’ve shown as evidence only 2 Garxajis people with T. What I’m saying when we see 200-500 people of Garxajis then we can say confidently all of them are T.

But we can agree to disagree and I respect your opinion

VIP
View attachment 101522

You're right that it's not a confederation but you do have sheegats amongst you. I've seen a few non T HYs like this guy for example

Low probability, but possible. E-V16, E-M123, E-V6, E-M293, E-V22 have been confirmed in non-outlier ethnic Somalis. As for figures? We can't really say.

There are also some with E-M81, but they are slight outliers and I suspect that one came within the past 800 years to the Horn and is not ancient there.

Apo, what does the term non-outlier ethnic Somali mean?

I find your posts very very informative but sometimes I get confused by your terminologies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You're right that it's not a confederation but you do have sheegats amongst you. I've seen a few non T HYs like this guy for example

@Timo Madow and proud
I think its safe to say that until there are larger samples sizes we shouldn't make definitive claims. I think you can agree with me on that. What can be said is that perhaps most tribes have varying combos of blood ties and forged unions created along different timelines.

@The alchemist and @EDsomali are both HY, somewhat related and possess E3b (I think this was mentioned). That isn't to say that tribes are discounted or considered pure confederacy. Judging by what @Alexis mentioned perhaps the E3b carrying Issaqs are closer together than they are to say, other nearby Somalis with that haplo.

Bohol

VIP

The difference with Garhajis is we have T1a members across all major sub clans regardless of location (Sanaag, Ethiopia, Sool, Togdheer & Hargeisa).

1. Yoonis Ismaaciil (Sacad Yoonis) - Me & couple of other guys

2. Abdalle Ismaaciil (@Prince Abubu and dozens of other guys)

3. Muuse Ismaaciil (couple of guys from Somnet)

4. Isaxaaq Caare (Casualfarah & Hoobariiska among others in somnet)

5. Muusa Caare (Samatr & some other guys).

6. Cidagale (@jugjugwacwac & others).

Bohol

VIP
@Timo Madow and proud
I think its safe to say that until there are larger samples sizes we shouldn't make definitive claims. I think you can agree with me on that. What can be said is that perhaps most tribes have varying combos of blood ties and forged unions created along different timelines.

@The alchemist and @EDsomali are both HY, somewhat related and possess E3b (I think this was mentioned). That isn't to say that tribes are discounted or considered pure confederacy. Judging by what @Alexis mentioned perhaps the E3b carrying Issaqs are closer together than they are to say, other nearby Somalis with that haplo.

I have seen Gadabursi carrying E-V32 as well but they seem to be a minority like in the GX.

Bohol

VIP
I know of RuralMan08, he blatantly lied about being Aden Yonis (my sub) on somnet. @Cauli exposed him in some old thread on SSpot. I would not include him.

Either way the score is Gadabursi have 1 E-V32 and GX have 2 members out of dozens of T1a. Both communities seem to have T1a in the high majority though.

Trending

Latest posts