Quarter somali here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Always Other when I do forms or mixed race sometimes... But yeah I consider myself Anglo Somali

Interesting. I've seen half Somalis that look fully white, very impressive that some features survived down to a quarter with you.

Either way, welcome.

Interesting. I've seen half Somalis that look fully white, very impressive that some features survived down to a quarter with you.

Either way, welcome.
My dad looked fully Somali tbh.. Just light skinned, nothing Euro in his features at all (or hair)

Your father has some strong genes then. :samwelcome:

Generally speaking quarter Somalis come out looking white.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well most quarter people do... I went to school with a couple of quarter Jamaicans and they looked pretty much white... One had red hair and freckles... But they still had that 'spice' I guess

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Well most quarter people do... I went to school with a couple of quarter Jamaicans and they looked pretty much white... One had red hair and freckles... But they still had that 'spice' I guess

I feel like black features are generally more persistent than Somali ones. That's why half Somali-half west African kids, for example, look mostly west African.

I feel like black features are generally more persistent than Somali ones. That's why half Somali-half west African kids, for example, look mostly west African.

These actresses are both a quarter black... I guess I disagree with this idea that Somalis don't have strong features

rebecca_hall_1291486i.jpg troian-bellisario.jpg

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
These actresses are both a quarter black... I guess I disagree with this idea that Somalis don't have strong features

View attachment 39012 View attachment 39013

The black portion would be African American, who themselves are somewhat mixed. Find me a quarter Nigerian that looks like that. ;)

Somali features are definitely weak, i've witnessed it many times. Nothing wrong with it of course, just the way it is.

The black portion would be African American, who themselves are somewhat mixed. Find me a quarter Nigerian that looks like that. ;)

Somali features are definitely weak, i've witnessed it many times. Nothing wrong with it of course, just the way it is.
I guess it all depends on the lineage... My grandfather was a dark complexioned Somali with a fro! He had the typical phenotype though.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Are you sure those are his grandkids! I was actually a blonde baby but not as pale

Not 100% sure. But i can't think of many reasons as to why an old Somali man would hold two white kids like that, unless he had some kind of relation to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending