Qatar airways to restore Somali Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
Free plane and sheeeeit!:damn::damn::damn:
We don't even get any repercussions for it because they are the ones who are transgressing and now Somalia owes Qatar even more money with nothing to show for it..

They could try to take us to international court but we both know Somalia is not ready to lose like that. :chrisfreshhah:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Somali Airlines will return to 2018 and Fahad Yasin to be named as CEO of the company

According to JFS's President, Fahad Yasin and Minister of Planning Jamal Mohammed Hassan, signed a preliminary agreement with Doha in Qatar, a Qatar Airline and a Qatar Airways representative.

The two sides have agreed to reopen the Somaliairlines airline, with the company becoming a co-owner of Qatar and Somalia, and the Somali government. It has been agreed that the shareholding ratio of the company is as follows.

30% Qatar Airways and Qatar Airlines
30% Somali businesspeople (Fahad Yasin and a businessman named Ahmed Moallin Farah)
40% Somali Government.

Qatar Airways will provide three flights to Somaliairlines, which is a loan. The type of aircraft that they are said to be
1. Two Boeng 737 400 aircraft
2. One plane AIRBUS 340.

According to sources close to Villa Somalia, it is expected that the formal agreement will be signed after the cabinet reshuffle, and the statement states that Minister of Transport Jamal Mohamed Hassan or Abdirasak Shoolle is making it easier for the three- bridges to Somaliairlines.

It also reports that RW Hassan Ali Kheyre and Fahad Yasin have been disagreeing to this agreement by RW Hassan Ali Kheyre to incorporate a businessman who is a relative of Rw Kheyre, whose name is Abdi Ali.

It is not yet known how they will be able to operate in Somalia's airports operating in Somalia, primarily by Jubba and Daalo.

Are they referring to the Chief of staff of Farmaajo?

If it is then :faysalwtf:

The Fahad Yasin seems to have a shady past that can be linked to Al Shabaab at the end of the Islamic Courts in 2006.

http://sunatimes.com/articles/5556/...t-Fahad-Yasin-Chief-of-Staff-of-Villa-Somalia

http://www.wardheernews.com/wardheernews-person-of-the-year-2017-fahad-yasin/

Are we giving Al Shabaab an airline and a logistic network more effective than what they currently have?

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
djibouti airlines gonna lauch a london route sooner than this gets off the ground.

Only viable flights are london to mogadishu, london to hargesia

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
best thing to do is somali goverment to run the airports, somali airlines funded by public listed on a stock exchange or something, 30% qatar and daallo and jubba rebranded as somali airlines express with priroity nationwide routes like hargesia to bosaso, mogadishu to garowe etc

Are they referring to the Chief of staff of Farmaajo?

If it is then :faysalwtf:

The Fahad Yasin seems to have a shady past that can be linked to Al Shabaab at the end of the Islamic Courts in 2006.

http://sunatimes.com/articles/5556/...t-Fahad-Yasin-Chief-of-Staff-of-Villa-Somalia

http://www.wardheernews.com/wardheernews-person-of-the-year-2017-fahad-yasin/

Are we giving Al Shabaab an airline and a logistic network more effective than what they currently have?

Fahid Yasin, is basically president right now.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
He is not the president. He is just a broker linking potential presidents to financiers. Not even Farmaajo is the president.

Who is the president then?

It really doesn't matter anyways.

I have a feeling he's behind the reason why that the ragtag group of terrorists can't be beaten by any force within Somalia.

Also how does a chief of staff suddenly gets gifted the national airline for no reason whatsoever?

That shit ain't normal.

La Xawla

Long Live the Somali Republic

I have a feeling he's behind the reason why that the ragtag group of terrorists can't be beaten by any force within Somalia.

Also how does a chief of staff suddenly gets gifted the national airline for no reason whatsoever?

That shit ain't normal.
And no one bats an eye. Very unusual

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist

That shit ain't normal.

I'll try to explain how it all works.

There is a beautiful carefully thought out system in place in Xamar that rewards the corrupt and punishes those who want to change it. It is truly incredible.

So what is Fahad Yasin's role in all of this? Back in 2017 Farmaajo was chosen president not because the xildhibaan were tired and wanted to elect a true reformist change Somalia, but because Farmaajo paid them the most in the end. Fahad Yasin as a broker made it all happen. He used Qatari funds to buy the election in Farmaajo's favor. Farmaajo in return had to promise to push the interests of Qatar in Somalia. He is not the president but just a puppet following orders. The Somali Airlines share that Fahad Yasin got is his cut for a job well done.

So how does the system work? When a president is elected he starts building his government key positions are given to xildhibaan in order to protect himself from future votes of no confidence. He might have paid the most to win the election but someone else might pay more during a vote of no confidence and he will still lose. That is how the president tries to keep close to a majority in the parliament. Positions are not given to those who are the most qualified but those who are connected and loyal meaning that Somalia will never be able to move forward.

Anyone who tries to change this system will lose. First of all, anyone who wants change wouldn't even be elected in the first place. Anyone who would want to changes this system by changing the constitution would lose on election day or in a vote of no confidence. There is nothing wrong with the constitution from 1960 but somehow they couldn't add a small section legitimizing the federal states.

Al-shabaab is just a symptom of all the corruption. They could be defeated in a day, Change the system and most Somalis will not have a reason to support them anymore. Al-Shabaab will currently never be defeated because it is not in the interest of the people currently in power. Why go through all that trouble when you are back in the U.K in a few years?

What needs to happen for this system to change:
  • Somalis who want a position the government must renounce their other citizenships and only keep the one from Somalia. Only those who truly care about Somalia should be president. If you would introduce this law today 90%+ of the officials in Somalia would just leave.
  • Somalis who have held a government position should be required to stay in Somalia after their terms. How many of all the previous presidents still live in Somalia? I think none. They should face the consequents of their actions and not just leave for the west.
But like I said. There is a beautiful carefully thought out system in place created by the very people who are currently ruining Somalia and they would never vote in favor of this change.

Source: My dad who was offered a minister position in Xamar but he refused.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP

There is a beautiful carefully thought out system in place in Xamar that rewards the corrupt and punishes those who want to change it. It is truly incredible.

So what is Fahad Yasin's role in all of this? Back in 2017 Farmaajo was chosen president not because the xildhibaan were tired and wanted to elect a true reformist change Somalia, but because Farmaajo paid them the most in the end. Fahad Yasin as a broker made it all happen. He used Qatari funds to buy the election in Farmaajo's favor. Farmaajo in return had to promise to push the interests of Qatar in Somalia. He is not the president but just a puppet following orders. The Somali Airlines share that Fahad Yasin got is his cut for a job well done.

So how does the system work? When a president is elected he starts building his government key positions are given to xildhibaan in order to protect himself from future votes of no confidence. He might have paid the most to win the election but someone else might pay more during a vote of no confidence and he will still lose. That is how the president tries to keep close to a majority in the parliament. Positions are not given to those who are the most qualified but those who are connected and loyal meaning that Somalia will never be able to move forward.

Anyone who tries to change this system will lose. First of all, anyone who wants change wouldn't even be elected in the first place. Anyone who would want to changes this system by changing the constitution would lose on election day or in a vote of no confidence. There is nothing wrong with the constitution from 1960 but somehow they couldn't add a small section legitimizing the federal states.

Al-shabaab is just a symptom of all the corruption. They could be defeated in a day, Change the system and most Somalis will not have a reason to support them anymore. Al-Shabaab will currently never be defeated because it is not in the interest of the people currently in power. Why go through all that trouble when you are back in the U.K in a few years?

• Somalis who want a position the government must renounce their other citizenships and only keep the one from Somalia. Only those who truly care about Somalia should be president. If you would introduce this law today 90%+ of the officials in Somalia would just leave.
  • Somalis who have held a government position should be required to stay in Somalia after their terms. How many of all the previous presidents still live in Somalia? I think none. They should face the consequents of their actions and not just leave for the west.
But like I said. There is a beautiful carefully thought out system in place created by the very people who are currently ruining Somalia and they would never vote in favor of this change.

I have a feeling that even if you somehow were able to smuggle a reformer in and prevent a vote of no confidence; AMISON would storm the Parliament and finally kill their first "Senior Al Shabaab leader".

Seems like everyone wants to keep Somalia in the dumps.

The corruption and chaos isn't systemic but guided through foreign hidden hands.

Fahad Yasin has been their main public dog since 2008+ but I'm sure there are plenty more like him... (Vice Parliament speakers for example).

Tbh if someone offered me an airline in return for selling out my country I'd have to think twice.

I don't blame Fahad Yasin but the dumb Geeljire who still only care about their sub-sub clans having a share of the leftover crumbs.

La Xawla

Do people get offered minister positions that easily or is your father in the fold? Also what’s the point in being a minister (other than defense/finance and the like)? It’s not like the pay is good or you have the power to do anything

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Do people get offered minister positions that easily or is your father in the fold? Also what’s the point in being a minister (other than defense/finance and the like)? It’s not like the pay is good or you have the power to do anything

They say who controls the money is the biggest ministry. Finance Ministry lays down the plan and budget on where the funds of the nation will go and what ministry is important in the development plan. Right now security sectors receive the most money and hence any ministry position within there would be good. Defence lays the plans and policies how the security structure will be organized and the work each carries out plus it plays a role in external security not just our internal security. Then the Intelligence agency is massive funding because the war is on terror, who-ever has this position is doing well. Police and Military are next in importance, military more so as they are needed in the war against shabab and the development policy is really geared towards building a new somali military so their eating well. Police would be last spot you want because the court system is dead, a cop need to arrest and pass the criminal onto the justice system and then prison system.

Right now the prison system and justice system are not really functioning that well, I wouldn't put my hand up for any role in police-justice-prison leadership or cabinet positions that directly control them. The religious ministry is a joke should be scraped and has no regulatory powers on mosques as the imams do whatever they want irrespective of the law of the land.

Foreign Ministry is ok it's a traditionally desired role but it all depends on where Somalia is in terms of it's development, this role would be good if you were a functioning nation, but right now most of our development policy is geared towards internal sectors, so I wouldn't put my hand up for this untill Somalia is at peace and functioning for 50 years.

This is a powerful role though when the nation is operating internally well, then you focus your development policy on operating through excellence in your external world. I would put my hand up for the chief of cabinet the one fahad yasin is sitting on, he gets to review all ministries decisions and funnels the president what 'he' basically deems acceptable, it's a role where it's one position but your in control of all the ministers who have to go through you before the president.

The other role that is critical is the advisor roles either for PM and President regardless if it's security advisor, political advisor, economic advisor, just sitting with the president before he makes a final decision as he consults you for your views is massive. I'd put my hand up for this role, depending on the actual role obviously and the country development plan policy.

I wouldn't seek any embassy roles personally as our foreign profile is so weak and funding towards it is minimal, it may become important in 50 years time and when our nation internally is stable, till then, it's just a title basically no real power or influence other then helping somalis in the host nation with visas, translation services, trying your best to win the government in the host nation for aid to somalia because that's all our policy is right now, seek aid. It's not about business or security ties, it's please give us your allocated foreign aid, were fighting for foreign aid pie of a nation, the money they set aside for the bum nations like us. You know after they eat in the western world, the left overs they put in a bag and say who should we give this to in the world? that's where we are right now in terms of foreign policy guidance fighting for that remaining left over of productive people like beggers.

Anyways President-PM-Advisors-Chief Of Cabinet-Finance-Defence-Security Portfolio are the most important positions in the Somalia government. Then the Institutions are critical and have their pecking order. Intelligence agency is no 1 right now due to Terrorism, Followed by Military(due to the development plan to create an army). Forget Police-Justice-Prison positions their non-functioning and nothing is intended for them in real terms.

The projects office and aid office would be pretty influential also, I may put my hand up for that because that's our foriegn policy right now to go around with a begging bowl to the world and seek aid and projects.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Education-Health are critical ministries if they receive good funding and priority by the government, more-so the education sector, it can determine what quality of workforce your nation is heading towards. Farmers, Nomads, a Skilled workforce or a mix of all? Even the skilled workforce will break down into groups. Are you going to be technology orientated, natural resource orientated(saudi arabia), manufacturing orientated, trading orientated(singapore, dubai one stop shops for many nations in the world) or finance hubs and stock markets? This is only possible if you have a huge consumer base in the nation for businesses and corporations to thrive as stock markets need customers, or do you want us heading into the import/export and trading which is what most Somalis are master in, what about scientific orientated economies like Rwanda is aiming for?

Skilled workforce divides into domains and group and if you don't identify where your people are heading towards the goals, you can't identify the steps needed in between to reach that ultimate goal either. You need to identify first and foremost what in the hell do you want Somalia to look like in 50 years in terms of it's work force and comparing it against where they are now and then figure out a beautiful yet realistic road map to shift them across to the desired 50 year goals.

Do you guys know how hard development plans are? not the crappy 100 page analysis you see but actual development plans in real-terms are no more then 10 pages at top and very holistic and high level.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland

But even the changes you offer seem that it would be blocked so how do you change a system that doesn't want to talk it out nor can it be violently removed.

Seems to me that this needs a multi coordinated attack with dozens of people involve and lurking in the shadows to bring down this system from within from all levels.

Last edited:

La Xawla

But even the changes you offer seem that it would be blocked so how do you change a system that doesn't want to talk it out nor can it be violently removed.

Seems to me that this needs a multi coordinated attack with dozens of people involve and lurking in the shadows to bring down this system from within from all levels.
Exactly. If you can’t beat em, join em. Once you have all the reins, you can do as you please.

La Xawla

They say who controls the money is the biggest ministry. Finance Ministry lays down the plan and budget on where the funds of the nation will go and what ministry is important in the development plan. Right now security sectors receive the most money and hence any ministry position within there would be good. Defence lays the plans and policies how the security structure will be organized and the work each carries out plus it plays a role in external security not just our internal security. Then the Intelligence agency is massive funding because the war is on terror, who-ever has this position is doing well. Police and Military are next in importance, military more so as they are needed in the war against shabab and the development policy is really geared towards building a new somali military so their eating well. Police would be last spot you want because the court system is dead, a cop need to arrest and pass the criminal onto the justice system and then prison system.

Right now the prison system and justice system are not really functioning that well, I wouldn't put my hand up for any role in police-justice-prison leadership or cabinet positions that directly control them. The religious ministry is a joke should be scraped and has no regulatory powers on mosques as the imams do whatever they want irrespective of the law of the land.

Foreign Ministry is ok it's a traditionally desired role but it all depends on where Somalia is in terms of it's development, this role would be good if you were a functioning nation, but right now most of our development policy is geared towards internal sectors, so I wouldn't put my hand up for this untill Somalia is at peace and functioning for 50 years.

This is a powerful role though when the nation is operating internally well, then you focus your development policy on operating through excellence in your external world. I would put my hand up for the chief of cabinet the one fahad yasin is sitting on, he gets to review all ministries decisions and funnels the president what 'he' basically deems acceptable, it's a role where it's one position but your in control of all the ministers who have to go through you before the president.

The other role that is critical is the advisor roles either for PM and President regardless if it's security advisor, political advisor, economic advisor, just sitting with the president before he makes a final decision as he consults you for your views is massive. I'd put my hand up for this role, depending on the actual role obviously and the country development plan policy.

I wouldn't seek any embassy roles personally as our foreign profile is so weak and funding towards it is minimal, it may become important in 50 years time and when our nation internally is stable, till then, it's just a title basically no real power or influence other then helping somalis in the host nation with visas, translation services, trying your best to win the government in the host nation for aid to somalia because that's all our policy is right now, seek aid. It's not about business or security ties, it's please give us your allocated foreign aid, were fighting for foreign aid pie of a nation, the money they set aside for the bum nations like us. You know after they eat in the western world, the left overs they put in a bag and say who should we give this to in the world? that's where we are right now in terms of foreign policy guidance fighting for that remaining left over of productive people like beggers.

Anyways President-PM-Advisors-Chief Of Cabinet-Finance-Defence-Security Portfolio are the most important positions in the Somalia government. Then the Institutions are critical and have their pecking order. Intelligence agency is no 1 right now due to Terrorism, Followed by Military(due to the development plan to create an army). Forget Police-Justice-Prison positions their non-functioning and nothing is intended for them in real terms.

The projects office and aid office would be pretty influential also, I may put my hand up for that because that's our foriegn policy right now to go around with a begging bowl to the world and seek aid and projects.
I agree with your pecking order. It seems like it’s reality. Also apparently the Intelligence ministry personnel are getting training in Qatar. The projects and aids office money all goes to the finance ministry so theirs no use for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending