VIP
17760003_2001937693367447_4433346767072237029_n.jpg

17634728_2001937763367440_8158719761526216519_n.jpg

17634851_2001937583367458_5722095284794460169_n.jpg

17634442_2001937626700787_3743712640743219841_n.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Apparently will be 4 star hotel, I think it's a response to the hotel grand which was built in Garowe which is truly a 3 star hotel

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
leeroy, kismayo is beautiful, you already have farms, rivers, fishery. It has a road , airport, and port and all the access infrastruture. all it needs is the right leader to take advantage of it. U can develop a-lot of sectors in that region just from your natural resources. You basically have a foundation to build from unlike alot of other states so you should take advantage of it.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What in the world ever happened to that 10 million dollar resort for garowe? They said it will take like 2 years to complete. Which is about now

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is another failed project which I was really looking forward too. It's impossible to rebuild Somalia if we cannot source our own construction material. It increases building costs if it's imported from overseas. Infact I am against foreign workers also which is some sort of popular thing in Puntland. It is better they train locals to the standard of the foreigners and use them, at least they spend the money back into the economy.

This is another failed project which I was really looking forward too. It's impossible to rebuild Somalia if we cannot source our own construction material. It increases building costs if it's imported from overseas. Infact I am against foreign workers also which is some sort of popular thing in Puntland. It is better they train locals to the standard of the foreigners and use them, at least they spend the money back into the economy.

This is the truth we need to source a lot of it to be honest.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is the truth we need to source a lot of it to be honest.

You know when Somalia says everywhere that is built is a win for all Somalis? You know why they say that? because as soon as one region does something, it will be replicated sooner or later across all Somalia. Example, if it wasn't mogadishu laying that first grass stadium, no-one would've of done it across kismaayo, hargeisa, etc. So I am just praying any region finally wakes up and implements this cement factory because I know once someone does it, it will be replicated sooner or later in my own region.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
By the way mrdeeni, there is a 'wait n see' approach in Somalia, I am not sure if your aware of it. But they all wait and see and let another region take a risk with an investment and see how it goes and only after that will they not only do the same investment they will try to out-do the prior investment the other city did. An Example is. Garowe Grand hotel, they lifted it up to 3 star, this kicked off a race now in Puntland not only are they trying to beat the 3 star like this hotel, their taking it to 4 star. So what basically happens is, alot of regions sit there and wait till another region does it because it gives them an advantage because they know what to beat but if u end up being the first one doing something, the next one is going to out-do you.

Garaad Darawiish

Astra incliant sed non obligant
By the way mrdeeni, there is a 'wait n see' approach in Somalia, I am not sure if your aware of it. But they all wait and see and let another region take a risk with an investment and see how it goes and only after that will they not only do the same investment they will try to out-do the prior investment the other city did. An Example is. Garowe Grand hotel, they lifted it up to 3 star, this kicked off a race now in Puntland not only are they trying to beat the 3 star like this hotel, their taking it to 4 star. So what basically happens is, alot of regions sit there and wait till another region does it because it gives them an advantage because they know what to beat but if u end up being the first one doing something, the next one is going to out-do you.
are you from NZ?

Thats free market 101 reason why I think we will rebuilt faster than the world expects.

I want to see this with manufacturing! wallahi I truely believe we can have high level technical manufacturing sector in Somali

With a huge diapsora to lay out what we need combined with the speed at which somalis learn escpailly if you give that opportunity to a poor/disenfranchised youth it would be easy.

leeroy, kismayo is beautiful, you already have farms, rivers, fishery. It has a road , airport, and port and all the access infrastruture. all it needs is the right leader to take advantage of it. U can develop a-lot of sectors in that region just from your natural resources. You basically have a foundation to build from unlike alot of other states so you should take advantage of it.

When will Somalis raise their standards?

While Kismayo is situated in one of the more lush parts of Somalia, here are the problems with a lot of things that you listed about Kismayo:

Farms: If farmed at all, the farms have one of the lowest yields in the whole world. Whereas a typical farm in, say, the US or Japan or even developing Asian countries will yield at least 3K per hectare, a farm in Somalia will be lucky to get a yield of even 1K.

River (Jubba): Rivers provide transportation (although not Somali ones), water for drinking and irrigation as well fish. The problem is, Somalis hardly irrigate their farms hence why Somali farmers are the least productive in the world.

Fisher: There's only artisanal fisheries in Somali. But only commercial fishing is proven to produce both profits and supply sufficient produce and Somalis have never engaged in commercial fishing. Hell, there was no commercial fishing before the civil war. Somalia used to grant fishing licenses to foreign vessels and collect license fees.

Airport: Not open to international flights, doesn't meet international standards, can't operate at night... so it's not real airport. Only airports that meet international standards count. This reminds of a story I read on a Somali website few years where some dusty village somewhere in central Somalia cleared a field, created a dirt runway and called Dust Village X International Airport! LOL.

Port: Although Kismayo has one of the few deep-water ports, it's too small and can't handle medium-sized container ships, so it's no real port. The standard for a true port is: ability to handle medium-sized container ship. By handle I mean not only be big enough but also possess the equipment, manpower and logistical infrastructure. Not even the most developed Somali port, the Port of Mogadishu, can handle container ships (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts