Puntland Terrorism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I have noticed that several Puntlanders on this forum tend to blame foreign actors (mostly Rahanweyn), who are condescendingly dubbed as “Southies,” on the recent spate of terrorist attacks in their region. However, PLers tend to refer to unreliable anecdotal accounts, which is ultimately counterproductive in combating this scourge.

According to the UN Monitoring Group on Somalia, both ISIS and ASNE (Al-Shabaab Northeast) are dominated by local PL clans:

IMG_20190226_132705.jpg

IMG_20190226_132707.jpg

IMG_20190226_132711.jpg

IMG_20190226_132713.jpg

The Puntland administration also has a knack for subverting minority clans by accusing them as being terrorists, as was the case in the Galkacyo massacre of 2011:

IMG_20190219_064029.jpg

Leelkase nomads got smoked due to a dispute over water wells.
:dwill:

@Jiron @Balaayo as members of the Rahanweyn clan, what do you think of Puntlanders blaming your community for all the terrorist attacks in their region?

Last edited:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
At least show some people who are dubays. This one is Mj Cali Saleebaan

I know who he is lol, I meant Cali Saleebaan and Warsangeli. Mumin is the face of Cali Saleebaan so its easy just dropping his pic to sum up the tribe.

I know who he is lol, I meant Cali Saleebaan and Warsangeli. Mumin is the face of Cali Saleebaan so its easy just dropping his pic to sum up the tribe.
Warya. There isnt really terrorist. Its just land grabbing politics. It started witg Cade Musa and his clan vs dubays.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Look at the muppet and his iskudir tactics. Leelkase are proud bonafide Puntlanders. They're even more Plers more than some MJ subclans.

Yes of course, both Al Shabaab and ISIS have local support. It's a fact that some Warsangelis and Ali Saleeban make up the founders and leaders of these two groups. But, nevertheless, that doesn't refute the fact that Southerners make up a huge chunk of the membership of said groups.

Puntland can root out and deal pretty easily with our native terrorists, by having the elders involved and so on. But, dealing with Jeererweyn and Raxanweyn, who we Puntlanders have welcomed with open arms, allowed them to get rich by setting up businesses, built for them good homes in Garowe, and this is how they thank us?
Every group of Al Shabaab fighters captured has included at least half Southerners.

A lot of Darood fear the sleeping giants Rahanweyn since they are a major threat to them in Southern Somalia.

sleeping giant? failmarjo sacked your leader and replaced him and arrested robow at will and made eley kill each other, then used ahmaar to kill the remaining few rebels,

@Armadillo
Look at the muppet and his iskudir tactics. Leelkase are proud bonafide Puntlanders. They're even more Plers more than some MJ subclans.

I don't give a shit if Leelkase are pro-Puntland or not, I'm just posting some interesting stuff that I came across.
Yes of course, both Al Shabaab and ISIS have local support. It's a fact that some Warsangelis and Ali Saleeban make up the founders and leaders of these two groups. But, nevertheless, that doesn't refute the fact that Southerners make up a huge chunk of the membership of said groups.

Puntland can root out and deal pretty easily with our native terrorists, by having the elders involved and so on. But, dealing with Jeererweyn and Raxanweyn, who we Puntlanders have welcomed with open arms, allowed them to get rich by setting up businesses, built for them good homes in Garowe, and this is how they thank us?
Every group of Al Shabaab fighters captured has included at least half Southerners.

What fact? Please provide evidence to the contrary if that is the case. Either way, the leadership of ISIS and ASNE are made up of local clans, so it's imperative to strike the snake's head first instead of targeting the so-called “Southie” contingent.

Last edited:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You are wrong that's about ISIL in Qandala which is different than Al-shabaab. ISIL is new and has had little impact in Somalia.

The leadership of Al-shabaab northeast is as follows

Emir of ASNE

Omar Mohamed Aden (Issaq/Haber Jaalo)

(b) Mohamed Abdullahi Batar (Dir/Gadabursi): Aden’s deputy and overall head of military operations of ASNE
(c) Bashir Shire Maxamed (Deshishe): former manager in Golis Telecom, 2002-2012, ex-MP, worked at Golis’ predecessor, Barkad prior to 2002
(d) Mohamed Ahmed Haji a.k.a. Kuwait (Majeerteen/Osman Mohamud): Leader of the Amniyat, director of intelligence for ASNE.
(e) Ali Ahmed Hassan “Ga’amey” (Harti/Tinle): involved in the creation in 2004 of the first Bosaso cell of Al-Itihaad al-Islamiya (AIAI), an ideological forerunner to Al-Shabaab.37As of February 2016, “Ga’amey” is reported to be based in the village of Madarshoon.
(f) Mukhtar Abdinur Ahmed a.k.a. Ahmed Guray: ASNE military commander; captured in Garowe 25 December 2014 while fleeing south from the Golis Mountains. 38 Puntland authorities reportedly later released Guray as part of an amnesty programme.
(g) Hassan Abdullahi a.k.a. Hamas (Hawiye/Hawadle) part of an ASNE tasked with eliminating Mumin’s faction in Qandala/ Beledediin, Bari region
(h) Ali Macane (Issaq/Haber Jaalo): from Burao, Somaliland; other details currently unknown
(i) Yasin Mohamud Abdi: head of an ASNE force in Bari region (unconfirmed)
(j) Abdullahi Saxiibow (Issaq/Haber Yunis): leader of a logistics/ transportation team based near Erigavo (Daallo Mountain)
(k) Harun Dheere: native of Puntland; other details currently unknown
(l) Hassan Afgoye: Member of Al-Shabaab’s Shura Council and head of its Finance Department. On 20 November 2015, the US Department of State offered up to a USD 5 million bounty for information on the whereabouts of Afgoye.
(m) Yassin Khalid Osman “Kilwe” (Warsangeli/Dubeis/Hanif): close relative of former Al-Shabaab emir Ahmed Godane. Sent to the Golis Mountains in early 2010 by Godane with 40 fighters to assume the leadership of Mohamed Said Atom’s insurgency. 40 Since 2014 “Kilwe” no longer holds the position of emir of ASNE, and is reported to be located in southern Somalia and in ill health.

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/atf/cf/{65BFCF9B-6D27-4E9C-8CD3-CF6E4FF96FF9}/s_2016_919.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.