Puntland sends delegation to meet state minister of Ethiopia.

This story is sounding a little too familiar
barack obama listening GIF

Can someone please share sources on the FGS holding back aid funding for puntland and still allocating funds for sland during the Las Canood war?

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
@Hilmaam
Puntland is included in the funding list

Edit: oh I get it, the FGS left SSC high and dry when they needed the funds most
Yes, they gave their portion to somaliland for sol and sanag. So likely won’t see any of it. They saying education minister was behind but I think it was west

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
True to an extent, but their clans didn’t engage in uncivilised petty conflicts for laandheere political points. Our level clannism has affected every level of society and has literally caused endless deadly conflicts, tell me of khaleeji clans that massacred and genocided each other. Their clan system was not divisive nor did it label people based on their tribal affiliation.
No the khaleeji clans were just like us but instead of centralising they pursued federalism and the oil money they got they pumped most of that into civilian sectors and livelihood thus making the average khaleeji family satisfied although connected to clan they would not see any point of chimping out or having clan conflict, somalia should have done this a long time ago but alas we were fooled into thinking centralism was thr way when it infact destroyed us and to be honest I agree with puntlands decision to sever the recognition of HSM government until a proper government comes in that can discuss the constitution and such.

I know who's to blame!

Seriously though, why are people complaining about a trade deal. PL didn't give land or sea, unless they mean we should've taken permission from HSM, the same man who refused to give PL its share of World Bank budget support because we didn't acquiesce to his one-sided constitutional amendments. Things that didn't happen during Farmajo's term.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
This thread will become like the MoU thread. People working themselves up through speculation while nothing happens in real life.

What can Ethiopia do for you, realistically speaking.
They are a gaajo country who are constantly on the brink of yet another civil war.
Somali politicians are like toddlers, every time there is a disagreement, they run off to their parents. They need to be forced into reeducation camps to instil proper ways of doing diplomacy.
You're thinking about the wrong way. the regional states who collaborate with Ethiopia know this already, they are not making these moves to gain anything, they are doing it to "stick it" to the government because Somali people are emotinally immature, and their brains never grow beyond age 15/16 because it's always about getting one over each other for them. Even if all parties involved lose everything in the process.

You're thinking about the wrong way. the regional states who collaborate with Ethiopia know this already, they are not making these moves to gain anything, they are doing it to "stick it" to the government because Somali people are emotinally immature, and their brains never grow beyond age 15/16 because it's always about getting one over each other for them. Even if all parties involved lose everything in the process.
What caused this mental immaturity in the first place? The first generation Somali politicians from the 60s and 70s were nowhere near this bad and were actually competent to a certain degree

What caused this mental immaturity in the first place? The first generation Somali politicians from the 60s and 70s were nowhere near this bad and were actually competent to a certain degree
I am embarrassed to say it but I think it's low IQ. I have never seen two adult Somali people, whether politicians or civilians, calmly and respectfully solve their problem. We never look for solutions, instead we look for ways to "win" and punish the other party, and "show" them why we're the shit. The problem with this mindset is that the other party is also thinking the same exact way, so how are you going to win? Are you a God? It's really frustrating being a Somali man and seeing your people choosing to feed their egos over solutions that ironically would solve all of their problems. In a world where we aren't divided, in a world where we worked together, we wouldn't have all the problems that plague us like hunger, lack of healthcare and education, lack of infrastructure, lack of employment etc... We could live like developing countries like Croatia or Turkey. These countries are not without problems but their people have decent living conditions. We have all the resources, and a tiny population to be become like one of these countries but no! It's more important that I show Mr. Faarax over there that I am the shit and not be f*cked with, and I am willing to live in the most abhorrent and destitute conditions in the world if I have to.

I am embarrassed to say it but I think it's low IQ. I have never seen two adult Somali people, whether politicians or civilians, calmly and respectfully solve their problem. We never look for solutions, instead we look for ways to "win" and punish the other party, and "show" them why we're the shit. The problem with this mindset is that the other party is also thinking the same exact way, so how are you going to win? Are you a God? It's really frustrating being a Somali man and seeing your people choosing to feed their egos over solutions that ironically would solve all of their problems. In a world where we aren't divided, in a world where we worked together, we wouldn't have all the problems that plague us like hunger, lack of healthcare and education, lack of infrastructure, lack of employment etc... We could live like developing countries like Croatia or Turkey. These countries are not without problems but their people have decent living conditions. We have all the resources, and a tiny population to be become like one of these countries but no! It's more important that I show Mr. Faarax over there that I am the shit and not be f*cked with, and I am willing to live in the most abhorrent and destitute conditions in the world if I have to.
Ah yes, the fighting over some shitty tuulos problem is indeed cancerous and its whats holding the nation back heavily but its not necessarily because of IQ. Even people like Papuans who were literal stone age cannibals just a hundred years ago are able to hold more stable and efficient governments than Somalis could so the blame should really be put on culture. Somali culture is awful and replete with a crabs in a bucket mentality that ensures no one is able to succeed despite the potential.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Ah yes, the fighting over some shitty tuulos problem is indeed cancerous and its whats holding the nation back heavily but its not necessarily because of IQ. Even people like Papuans who were literal stone age cannibals just a hundred years ago are able to hold more stable and efficient governments than Somalis could so the blame should really be put on culture. Somali culture is awful and replete with a crabs in a bucket mentality that ensures no one is able to succeed despite the potential.
💯 Somalis have a very severe issue of crab mentality it's one of the driving factors socially of why we can't progress as easily.

Most of these tuulos are sitting on millions of dollars worth of arms and weapons, bought to "karbaash" other poor tuulos over bragging rights and fadhi ku dirir. It's not like they are fighting over gold, farmlands, or other expensive raw materials. it's literally over bragging rights! :bell:meanwhile they don't have one well that supplies clean water. If that's not low IQ, how do we explain it?:hmm:

Can someone please share sources on the FGS holding back aid funding for puntland and still allocating funds for sland during the Las Canood war?
Here is the FGS Deputy Minister of Treasury explaining 'SL receives its budgetary support from the FGS under a special deal whereas PL's is being held back by the FGS' (funds from World Bank & IMF), in other words, used as a political leverage only against PL. None of the major development projects designated for PL in the last 5 years incl. the Garacad - Galkacyo - Galdogob had been financed. All due to the FGS delaying requisite paperwork, as in the case of the 3G project, and withholding funds for expanding Bosaso airport, electricity etc. At the height of the Sool conflict, the FGS released budgetary support funds to SL twice, with no questions asked.

Here is the FGS Deputy Minister of Treasury explaining 'SL receives its budgetary support from the FGS under a special deal whereas PL's is being held back by the FGS' (funds from World Bank & IMF), in other words, used as a political leverage only against PL. None of the major development projects designated for PL in the last 5 years incl. the Garacad - Galkacyo - Galdogob had been financed. All due to the FGS delaying requisite paperwork, as in the case of the 3G project, and withholding funds for expanding Bosaso airport, electricity etc. At the height of the Sool conflict, the FGS released budgetary support funds to SL twice, with no questions asked.

HSM postures as a post-qabyaalad, well-intentioned president (at least in his public speech) - this is fraudulent behaviour from this government.

The most good-faith explanation I can think of: their game plan was to weaken Puntlands political autonomy, removing them as a political obstacle with a goal of finally taking on Somaliland after. A struggling attempt to strengthen the legitimacy of the federal government, the other reasonable explanation would be straight up qabyaalad politicking.

Looks like its not going as easy as they might've thought.

Last edited:
HSM postures as a post-qabyaalad, well-intentioned president (at least in his public speech) - this is fraudulent behaviour from this government.

The most good-faith explanation I can think of: their game plan was to weaken Puntlands political autonomy, removing them as a political obstacle with a goal of finally taking on Somaliland after. A struggling attempt to strengthen the legitimacy of the federal government, the other reasonable explanation would be straight up qabyaalad politicking.

Add to that, the order to close .Et Consulates was intended only for Garowe office, and in the final minutes added on to the Hargeysa office to appear impartial.

HSM views SL as an ally, which would not deter him from desecrating the Constitution, if anything it would help his mission, which further advances SL's ultimate goal, whereas he sees PL his arch nemesis standing in his way. In which case, he is an ametuer with very little exposure to .So politics and its history.

Why on earth, would HSM have any good intentions? Has everybody forgotten who this man is? In 2016, he waged a war on Galkacyo and brought SNA trained Hawiye to attack Puntland.

In 2023, what was his response to SNM's attacks on LaasCaanood? He did nothing, but sit back and wait for SNM to win. And when Khaatumo defeated SNM, he refused to recognise Khaatumo, and they didn't even take part in the football competition. To add insult to injury, his evil administration, even wittheld funding from Khaatumo, hoping that the nascent state collapses.

Trending

Latest posts