Puntland puts 200% tariffs on goods from Somaliland region

That's capitalism for you, that's how you improve the economy making it more competitive.

The economy works in supply n demand take that milk packet that's 6000SLSH or a bottle of water that only cost 1000SLSH only reason why water is cheap because there's 10 other bottle water companies operating

good points on capitalism, we need competition

but just to re-focus as i know most people here economics is not their job

there is something called diamond water-paradox, why is water cheaper than diamonds

it goes beyond supply and demand, and into subjective marginal utility, basically explains why something costs that price *( as long as its free market capitalism and the state is not involved in setting prices)

check it out, it would strength your argument against the majerteen bantu tanzanian so called dr crazy

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Farm this raw cushite low iq doolo laga qaad AGGAH brained piece of shit @Teeri-Alpha is trying to tell people how to do business lol. There is no way anyone will sell at a loss in business regardless of competition. You work out how much spent to buy your products, you work out how much u need to live daily/weekly. U apply the difference on top of your product. Unless your savings is running out no1 will sell at a loss and that's reality regardless of competition. In-fact people adjust prices depending on demand on your business, if the demand is higher then usual, you add more margin just to cover the rainy days when the demand is low. But if it costs you to live 1k a week to pay your rent, food, and bills. U will incoporate this into the prices of your product.

You will work how much quantity u have like say you have 10 laptops in stock, you bought each one for 500 at whole sale. U will work out how much u need to live week to week for a year. Say u need 50k to live in a year. U will need to incoporate 1k a week on top of each of those 10 laptops as a buffer margin for your daily living. So you might sell each laptop for 800 you covered 500 base cost and recouped 300 in each laptop as profit, if u sell 3, u recouped your weekly living you needed. The only time u wud negiotate on the price is when your bank balance is broke and you need to get rid of the product that's called LIQUIDATION in capitalism. It means u r no longer surviving daily on your basic needs to come to work and sell your products, your debts have increased and your not paying it off.

Farm

VIP
It has nothing to with "Khat flooding". It states clearly that the purpose of the higher taxation is the increase of importing "goods with lesser priority". These type of goods are definied in this paper as drinks, water, clothes, household objects, bureau material, transport goods and only one of them is Khat.

There must have been a flooding with all kinds of these mentioned goods for some reason, if the taxation was doubled.

That’s why I elaborated later, and said non essentials.

Water is cheap because it's commodity that is abudant, not because there is more water companies. That's like saying just because there is more car companies that means cars are cheap. No it's not the capital, design, parts and labor involved to create a car will always remain the same regardless if there is other car plants or not.

Your idea of economics is you base prices on what the next guy is selling, no you base your prices based on what your operating cost was and what sort of margin u need in order to live a decent life irrespective of what the next guy is pricing. So if the next guy is pricing something at a loss, you will do the same also is your mentality? DAMN stay out of these topics please, and stick to khat and music your expertise.

actually you are wrong, so is sir Lancelot, but he is more right than you

costs dont decide prices,

a Leonard DA Vinci painting made 500 years ago keeps going up each year, costing now around 500 million

why is it going up, it has nothing to do with marginal cost or cost of making it/producing it

so that just blows your theory out of the water

prices are deiced by something called Subjective utility and Regression theorem,

read about the diamond-water paradox to understand what is prices, where they come from and why an item costs x or y

it will give you a good foundations in economics 101 which is something required for anything to read and understand before they commence further in masters degrees/ PhDs

dont worry though, even Adam smith the father of economics in the 1700s got it wrong and assumed prices are decided by costs, so did Marx actually,

That’s why I elaborated later, and said non essentials.

non essential to whom?

if i am a company in puntland exporting fish to somalialnd, buying a truck from somaliland is non essential? since they tariff transportion,

tell that to the warsengali guy exporting fish from makahir to adis ababa and Jigjiga through Ogadeniya

if your a firm who needs those inputs which are essential to my operations, why must the state decided what is essential to me, this is road to making people poorer

just come out and say we want import substitution to give domestic nascent industries a leg up against competition,

let the consumer decide what is essential, for only i need what is essential to me, and my operations, not some government bureaucrat, other wise its tyranny of the pen pushers, its why the soviet union fell,

read the simple small article written by economist Von Hayek about economic decision making by the state called

The Use of Knowledge in Society it explains why the state will fail when they decide to tell people what is essential and what is non essential and how they should act economically,

and his other book the road to serfdom this is why
Africa is so weak in economics

i will respect yall more if yuo just came out and said we are protectionist,

but keep in mind, yuo can
never export with out importing,

read
Henry Hazlitt economics in 1 lesson, 1946, the best selling book on earth after the bible, it shows how imports help you to export , after all no nation makes 100 % of the components it needs to export goods,

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
actually you are wrong, so is sir Lancelot, but he is more right than you

costs dont decide prices,

a Leonard DA Vinci painting made 500 years ago keeps going up each year, costing now around 500 million

why is it going up, it has nothing to do with marginal cost or cost of making it/producing it

so that just blows your theory out of the water

prices are deiced by something called Subjective utility and Regression theorem,

read about the diamond-water paradox to understand what is prices, where they come from and why an item costs x or y

it will give you a good foundations in economics 101 which is something required for anything to read and understand before they commence further in masters degrees/ PhDs

dont worry though, even Adam smith the father of economics in the 1700s got it wrong and assumed prices are decided by costs, so did Marx actually,

Regression theorem is about the value of money not the product your selling. The product your selling was either 'manufactured' which means u have to pay electricity costs, machinery, parts, labor, insurance, you need to list down all your expenses to produce the product.

It doesn't come out of thin air you dumb aggah brained piece of shit. To create something requires investment and money in the first place, u will need to minus this before u even think about marking up a price. There is no theorem that will change this natural element of business. Expenses NEED to be accounted for. their in all government budgets and business budgets. It's a fact of life waryaa.

You cannot even begin to price your product if you don't take into account your expenses plus on top of that u need to take into account your living standard that u seek to live and from there you got two figures to work from. Your price will be around this mark give or take the only thing that can change it is 'extra demand with a low supply of the product in the market place' nothing else will skew your prices up but more ppl wanting the product and less places for them to get it, nothing will bring ur prices down then more product stock piled and less people walking in your store because u will eventually run out of living off your savings and u will be forced to sell at lower price point in order to be hit with a complete LOSS, a partial loss is better then a complete loss. Everything is scalable in business.

Take your nonsense crap away waryaa aggah brained ogaden

Regression theorem is about the value of money not the product your selling. The product your selling was either 'manufactured' which means u have to pay electricity costs, machinery, parts, labor, insurance, you need to list down all your expenses to produce the product.

It doesn't come out of thin air you dumb aggah brained piece of shit. To create something requires investment and money in the first place, u will need to minus this before u even think about marking up a price. There is no theorem that will change this natural element of business. Expenses NEED to be accounted for. their in all government budgets and business budgets. It's a fact of life waryaa.

You cannot even begin to price your product if you don't take into account your expenses plus on top of that u need to take into account your living standard that u seek to live and from there you got two figures to work from. Your price will be around this mark give or take the only thing that can change it is 'extra demand with a low supply of the product in the market place' nothing else will skew your prices up but more ppl wanting the product and less places for them to get it, nothing will bring ur prices down then more product stock piled and less people walking in your store because u will eventually run out of living off your savings and u will be forced to sell at lower price point in order to be hit with a complete LOSS, a partial loss is better then a complete loss. Everything is scalable in business.

Take your nonsense crap away waryaa aggah brained ogaden

regression theorem is where money comes from and the price of money and thus explains the price of goods using the Von Misesian marginal subjective utility of prices and money

Gorilla Osman Muxamuud bantu Majerteen midget monkey

605cb5a577aef7ada5eac85c6f8027ee

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
dumb move, trade war never helps the people, now they have to go some where more expensive, for if they had a cheaper place to buy from logic shows they would have gone to that place first

so now puntland residents will pay more for goods, tariffs are a tax on consumers,

so puntland consumers lose out and will have to spend more money on those goods meaning they will spend less money else where so the state doesn't get money revenues

no one ever wins a trade war

it will also lead to increased border smuggling, after all there is the incentive to avoid paying tax

trade wars never also benefits domestic firms, specially in this case puntland is not industrialised neither does it have the primary sectors to survive on her own, its not like puntland exports surplus food / agriculture, she is a net importer

why are puntlanders buying from 1door exporters, after all the 1doors themleves dont make these goods nor are net exporters of food, so that means using common economic logic, it is cheaper for a someone to bring the goods out of somalia through berbera port than puntland port as tax is most likely lower in 1dooristan port than midgetstan port, so traders buy from 1door land

all puntlanders have to do is lower the taxes they charge in midgetland port and hey bob is yuor uncle, after all those 1door goods come from dubai, china etc

cut the tariifs, and yuo will get 1door firms coming to putland and buying from them to export it back to 1door land, that is if tarrifs in midgetland are cheaper than in 1doorland, in a sense putnland becomes like dubai, a re-exporter to other regions as she will be cheaper/ or even free at charging in the port, dubai makes money by being a free tax re-export, they bring from china and re export to other nations, or companies do it, not the govement, midgetlanders can do the same,

this is what Ogadens do to kenya, they have monopolised Dobley, becaseu Oagdne get tax free imports in kismayo port, they can sell a kish of sugar in kismayo for $18 when its in kenya for around $70-90 depedning on seaosn,

becaseu in kenya to export to mombasa yuo must pay massive bribes to the port managemetn and then state improt tariffs, the Ogaden use kismayo port to bring all sorts of goods, take it to doobley and re-export to kenya much cheaper and only pay off soldiers in the border much much cheaper than the bribe in the mombasa port everyone pays to the kingpin in mombasa

simple maths, kenya uses 900k tons, it makes 500k tons of suger per year, Ogadens have single handedly monopolised all re-exports to Kenya and even beyond to tanzanian, uganda etc from doobley town as they control the town

this is why marehan taking over kismayo is useless, they are blocked from doobley, so where will take the goods to? Mj have their own port, so do 1door and hawiye so who nees their kismayo imports, if doobley is blocked its useless, we can still use xamar port to get goods or even the one south of kismayo yes its smaller but still a port in Ras Ogaden 30 km south of kismayo,

do free trade and re-export those goods and watch people demand you sell to them as you will become king of re-exportation, dubai makes 150$ billion each year from this, they just re-export indian, chinese, pakistani etc goods to people have they negotiated with
Wallahi you are hilarious akhi :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
non essential to whom?

if i am a company in puntland exporting fish to somalialnd, buying a truck from somaliland is non essential? since they tariff transportion,

tell that to the warsengali guy exporting fish from makahir to adis ababa and Jigjiga through Ogadeniya

if your a firm who needs those inputs which are essential to my operations, why must the state decided what is essential to me, this is road to making people poorer

just come out and say we want import substitution to give domestic nascent industries a leg up against competition,

let the consumer decide what is essential, for only i need what is essential to me, and my operations, not some government bureaucrat, other wise its tyranny of the pen pushers, its why the soviet union fell,

read the simple small article written by economist Von Hayek about economic decision making by the state called

The Use of Knowledge in Society it explains why the state will fail when they decide to tell people what is essential and what is non essential and how they should act economically,

and his other book the road to serfdom this is why
Africa is so weak in economics

i will respect yall more if yuo just came out and said we are protectionist,

but keep in mind, yuo can
never export with out importing,

read
Henry Hazlitt economics in 1 lesson, 1946, the best selling book on earth after the bible, it shows how imports help you to export , after all no nation makes 100 % of the components it needs to export goods,

This decision by PL region is not what that's thought out, without having industries to cover the current supply of goods from within the people will lose out the most.

There's not an industry PL can match that's in Somaliland. Unless their main aim is to create a localised economy.

Here's a sample the Las Qoray tuna cannery has been operating for a long time and throughout have developed a pretty good supply chain with many companies springing up from cold storage facilities distribution warehouse in towns from Burco Bosaaso Ergivo and many more. Creatinine countless jobs on top of that for drivers shops etc

Singlehandedly created a supply chain and a small economy

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This decision by PL region is not what that's thought out, without having industries to cover the current supply of goods from within the people will lose out the most.

There's not an industry PL can match that's in Somaliland. Unless their main aim is to create a localised economy.

Here's a sample the Las Qoray tuna cannery has been operating for a long time and throughout have developed a pretty good supply chain with many companies springing up from cold storage facilities distribution warehouse in towns from Burco Bosaaso Ergivo and many more. Creatinine countless jobs on top of that for drivers shops etc

Singlehandedly created a supply chain and a small economy

Don't you get it. We don't see it useful to invest into a plant that creates a 1 dollar product. It's far cheaper importing it from Dubai. SL what plants u have and what is their final product? 1 dollar at best and their only a very few themselves. Stop competing with us waryaa, we are not interested in SL. We do our own thing in PL. We want to target high end final product industry, na dhaaf niyahow, go busy your ass with those drug induced fucks u call your clan. Your ppl are the most unproductive, their dead and u know it, their sleeping 8 hours a day, and chewing another 8 hours. That's 90% of your workforce. Just get fucked dont waste your time focusing on PL, fix your problems dont look at us it wont solve those drug zombies u have in hargeisa.

I am so suprised with this nigga, cuqdad xun ayaa ka hayso PUNTLAND. We are ten times smarter then u, look at the topics we post and content ur people post, it's 100 degree point IQ difference. U just copy what we say in every thread, we bring up the new IDEAS you never do.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@SirLancelLord show me one new idea that will change Somalis that have been added by Somalilanders. Nothing sxb, u wait for us for the ideas, and COPY. That's it. Just do what u do best. U cant even describe a GDP untill I explained it for your silly ass and now u act like u know what a small and large economy is CUZ I HAD TO TEACH U. It's like that with any topic.

PL protecting and encouraging it's business people is a good thing for the region and local entrepreneurs. Farmajo should have placed tariffs on Kenyan khat at 500% when they started the wajir stop and search

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
It seems you guys didn't hear the Parliament report on PL economy for the last 6 months, SL was burning our import on barbera plus they dont give a tax money to PL.. This war start from jeegaan boys , Let them go to another market .

Start from 0:00 till 1:50.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
PL protecting and encouraging it's business people is a good thing for the region and local entrepreneurs. Farmajo should have placed tariffs on Kenyan khat at 500% when they started the wajir stop and search
After two months PL will held a big investment meeting in Garowe. Its chance to boost PL economy and open new markets in the globe.

SirLancelLord

VIP
@SirLancelLord show me one new idea that will change Somalis that have been added by Somalilanders. Nothing sxb, u wait for us for the ideas, and COPY. That's it. Just do what u do best. U cant even describe a GDP untill I explained it for your silly ass and now u act like u know what a small and large economy is CUZ I HAD TO TEACH U. It's like that with any topic.

Tribal bigotry and dumb language from someone that lives in a fantasy realm.

You wish you were from Somaliland we've figured everything out we might be run by idiots for now but we have a proper system in place that's why every city we have is 10x better then anything in PL. And why everything in PL is considered a tuulo in international standards.

Laascaanood recently made £1bn shillings in Taxes which the mayor is using to develop. We've been recording our economic progress for the last 10 years I'm good times and bad times all available publicly: http://www.somalilandcsd.org

Our currency strengthened to 1$ to 8000SLSH
With some places giving you 7800

Keep shouting about how you lot are smart and we're dumb. As what's on the ground proves who is the biggest economy. We've already got an internal market we're making it external I've got guests from Garowe coming to Burco in a few weeks to show them round what I do and they're my partner's to bake money from you lot.

Anything that all you lot say on here doesn't apply because on the ground it's all love
IMG_20190626_185315.jpg

SirLancelLord

VIP
Puntland has reached the decision to hike taxes on goods imported from Somaliland. The ministry of finance of Puntland, a regional province in Somalia, said in circular that mainstay imported goods from Somaliland will be taxed 100 percent. The items that Puntland hiked the taxes include fuel for vehicles and jet fuels. Puntland ministry of finance further said that unnecessary stuffs including building materials and office furnishing will be taxed 200%. The circular issued by the ministry of finance was sent to Karkar, Sanaag and Sool regions and were informed to put the order into operation. The pressure on the imposition of increasing taxes on goods imported from Somaliland will be felt by its traders who import electrical materials from Berbera port. Berbera port recently made tax waiver sparked an outcry within Puntland traders where some of them decided to import their goods from Berbera port. This has caused Puntland to take knee jerk decision of hiking taxes on goods from Somaliland. It said the tax hike would come into effect immediately and all government institutions would have to take note of it.

Trending