Puntland Pictures & Videos

The old castles of Majeerteenia are crumbling! They need to be maintained

This was one of them, smh

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 23.40.19.png

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Bossas the sister city of Minneapolis and St.Paul MN, my birth place where my Xudur to my mother was cut off.:rejoice::salute:

Bosaso, Somalia
Sister City since 2014.
Welcome:
Marhaba Ψ³Ω„Ψ§Ω…
Mayor:
Abdisalam Bashiir Abdisalam
Miles/kms to Minneapolis:
8,159mi/13130.6 kms
Population:
History:
Formerly known as Bandar Qasim, Bosaso's population is estimated at about 700,000 residents. It is the third largest city in the country after Mogadishu and Hargeisa. While Bosaso is a melting pot, with residents hailing from all the major clans of Somalia, most of its population is from the Harti confederation of Darod sub-clans.

Bosaso was previously known as Bandar Qasim, a name derived from a Somali trader of the same name who is said to have first settled in the area during the 14th century. It is believed that Qasim's favourite camel was called Boosaas, from which derived the current name of the town. The town was thus first called Bandar Qassim after its founder ("Qasim's town"), then later dubbed Bosaso after its founder's trusted camel. This story is, however, purely speculative. Historically, Bosaso has been a Harti Darod stronghold, and evolved as a coastal outpost of their Sultanates. Near Bosaso, at the end of the Baladi valley, lies a 2 km to 3 km long earthwork. Local tradition recounts that the massive embankment marks the grave of a community matriarch.

It is the largest such structure in the wider Horn region.
In the mid-18th to early 20th centuries, the city was among the areas ruled by the Majeerteen Sultanate (Migiurtinia). Later forming a part of Italian Somaliland, Bosaso was represented in the parliament of the succeeding Trust Territory of Somalia by the MPs Haji Bashir Ismail Yusufand Ugaas Yassin Ugaas Abdirahman. The town would eventually be administered through the official Bari region in the post-independence period. With the start of the Somali Civil War and the subsequent formation of Puntland in the 1990s, Bosaso has become the business capital of the northeastern regions of Somalia. In recent years, it has served as a refueling station for maritime transport between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf ports, and has also become an important commercial point of entry.
Minnesota Friends of Bosaso:

Where is the hateful people today when Garowe is shown in her total glory and not some 'bad laneway' which exists in all cities of the world. Look at the beauty of the city fully for once, look at that excellent town plan, that's what a capital city looks like, not that god damn khat house hargeisa or moryan house mogadishu. Answer me today all haters of Puntland after u watch this video

He didn't even show all of Garowe, a lot is missing, such as the city centre area

Observations

• Garowe is so clean and well-designed Masha'Allah. Cleanliness is part of our faith, so I love that our capital embodies this concept.
  • Garowe has so much space, they should do something about people having empty plots for god knows how long. The city is designed so beautifully that it should be completely built up.
  • Another thing you'll notice is how easy it is to greenify the city, look at those compounds surrounded by greenery. Garowe should find a way to make people plant in their gardens.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Notice how almost all buildings are storey and double storeys or more.

It is not surprising since Bossaso is considered the fastest growing city in the Horn of Africa, Ilaah waa noo barakeeyey Boowe.οΏΌ :rejoice:

CEELAAYO, SANAAG
(I think this town is named after the matriarch of Majerteen, Dashishe and Warsangeli, her name was Fadumo Ceelaanyo Majeerteen (Nickname was Habar Udbo Lacag), She was from the Ciise Madoobe tribe (Horoone subclan to be precise).

Muhammed Harti was nicknamed "Majerteen" after his mother's father/grandfather as he was the eldest of the Bah.

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
There is just something unnatural about Camels swimming :tacky:

Trending