Puntland media begins broadcasting in Af Maay & interviews Koonfur Galbeed businessmen on their treatment in Garowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP

It seems Puntites appreciate the KG business community and are keen on learning Af Maay.

Oh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Mashallah, I got karbaashed on a thread for defending Puntland’s SW and madooweyn community.

They are honestly the hardest workers I have ever seen and also the most sociable. I genuinely have the deepest respect for them wallahi and I hope other Somalis learn their hardworking traits.

Would anyone here support a requirement for candidates of state/local elections in Somalia to have both themselves and their father born inside the FMS they are contesting in?

Surely a RX clan member can't run to be Puntland state president unless in the rare circumstance both he/she and their dad was born in PL!

Why do we refer to Raxanweyne as Af-Maay like they're any different? Just call them by their clan like the rest of us. They're pure nasab Somali through and through, are known to welcome Somalis in times of drought and disasters, had a extensive trading system with the other major clans for centuries and contributed to Somali history (Geladi Sultunate), one of the kindest, most considerate and hardworking people I've had the opportunity to come across, God bless them.

Why do we refer to Raxanweyne as Af-Maay like they're any different? Just call them by their clan like the rest of us. They're pure nasab Somali through and through, are known to welcome Somalis in times of drought and disasters, had a extensive trading system with the other major clans for centuries and contributed to Somali history (Geladi Sultunate), one of the kindest, most considerate and hardworking people I've had the opportunity to come across, God bless them.

I think the fact that a large number of Bantus live amongst them, claim them and also speak Af-Maay is confusing to other ethnic Somalis. If I am not mistaken, there are also Arab looking groups who claim D&M.

It's hard to gain intimate knowledge of a group whose language you don't understand and that's why there are misconceptions.

I think maybe D&M people need to start spreading awareness of who they are, their history and so forth, so that these misconceptions can be dispelled. Perhaps they can also teach their language online so other Somalis can understand them.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I think the fact that a large number of Bantus live amongst them, claim them and also speak Af-Maay is confusing to other ethnic Somalis. If I am not mistaken, there are also Arab looking groups who claim D&M.

It's hard to gain intimate knowledge of a group whose language you don't understand and that's why there are misconceptions.

I think maybe D&M people need to start spreading awareness of who they are, their history and so forth, so that these misconceptions can be dispelled. Perhaps they can also teach their language online so other Somalis can understand them.
That’s only a small percentage. The vast majority of rahanweyn look identical to other ethnic Somalis but because of that 2% or so of bantus that claim them everyone falsely assumes the entire clan are hybrids. There are entire rahanweyn subclans (jilible, hadama, gelidle etc) who have probably never even seen a bantu before

This misconception never made sense to me, Dir Biimaal & Surre also welcome Bantus into their communities, and some of them you can find claiming Merca belongs to them, yet you'll never hear of Dir being associated with Bantus like that by other Somalis.

Geladi Sultunate is underrated, imagine my surprise when I found out Raxanweyne had a kingdom dominating the southern coast of Somalia with an army numbering 50,000 troops, I'm shocked people don't talk about it more often.

This misconception never made sense to me, Dir Biimaal & Surre also welcome Bantus into their communities, and some of them you can find claiming Merca belongs to them, yet you'll never hear of Dir being associated with Bantus like that by other Somalis.

Geladi Sultunate is underrated, imagine my surprise when I found out Raxanweyne had a kingdom dominating the southern coast of Somalia with an army numbering 50,000 troops, I'm shocked people don't talk about it more often.

I read about the Geledi Sultanate, I know they are pure Somalis and have an interesting history.

You are right, I saw Bantus claiming to be Biyomaal, their Bantu slaves adopted the name.

Several Somali Sultanates or groups had Bantu or Oromo slaves. For instance, you will see some Bantus living in several Puntland coastal areas who are descendants of the King's servants/slaves but they now work as fishermen.

Last edited:
Would you agree @Pwyneth Galtrow
InaShaqalle said:
Would anyone here support a requirement for candidates of state/local elections in Somalia to have both themselves and their father born inside the FMS they are contesting in?

Surely a RX clan member can't run to be Puntland state president unless in the rare circumstance both he/she and their dad was born in PL!

Yes.

I think we are nowhere near the stage, where a Somali can run for office in a region where his people showed up after the civil war.Maybe many years later, like you said, when both father and son have made roots, then they are more likely to be loyal and not have ulterior motives.
This is Somalia and we witness on a daily how twisted people are when it comes to usurping power for their own clan.

The same way I wouldn't want a Majeerteen running for office in Hirshabelle or Galmudug. It doesn't make sense.

Deni Should implement Osmanya

View attachment 202399

I think we need to have Osmaniya as a second official writing script in Puntland, I also want to see Osmaniya on Public Buildings.

I even want to see Puntite Officials only wearing traditional Somali clothing that are slightly modernised for modesty etc.

I think we need to have Osmaniya as a second official writing script in Puntland, I also want to see Osmaniya on Public Buildings.

I even want to see Puntite Officials only wearing traditional Somali clothing that are slightly modernised for modesty etc.
Next Puntite Who Have A Aroos Should Bear This
Screenshot_20210925-141414_Reddit.jpg

Next Puntite Who Have A Aroos Should Bear This

screenshot_20210925-141414_reddit-jpg.202401

These kind of garments were worn by Somali nobility and I think merchants in Port Cities.
Even if these garments are originally from Asia, no ethnic group wears such attire in this form in present day so Somalis wouldn't look like copycats.

I actually really like the traditional nomadic outfits of Somalis, the two white sheets.

@Pwyneth Galtrow indeed you make sense since whether some people like it or not we are a tribal people, we're not like the West we have our own history and demography.

PS If President Deni does become our federal president then I hope he simultaneously remains leader of Puntland

These kind of garments were worn by Somali nobility and I think merchants in Port Cities.
Even if these garments are originally from Asia, no ethnic group wears such attire in this form in present day so Somalis wouldn't look like copycats.

I actually really like the traditional nomadic outfits of Somalis, the two white sheets.
It's A Wedding Or Festive Occasion No Man In These Days Would Wear The Garment Of Nomads I've Been Seeing Habesha Wedding Pics They Wear Their Former Kings Garments Not That Of Peasant's Other Culture Do Likewise
:manny::manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts