Puntland media begins broadcasting in Af Maay & interviews Koonfur Galbeed businessmen on their treatment in Garowe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro please, if this Baljeet looking Indian becomes president of Puntland, I'll denounce everything and leave. That would be an L of epic proportions bisinka, this is why this 'muh qabiil' and 'only the dad can pass on lineage' stuff will bite us on our asses in the future, damn.

I have relatives that look as hindi as Karaash or even some that look half arab or something, it's not that weird. lol, He's a normal Harti man.

@Pwyneth Galtrow @Neero there's a real risk that if Karash takes over PL he conspires with the next national prime minister against Deni to reduce/end Puntland autonomy in return for minorities like Dhulbahante becoming the new perpetual rulers of PL. Majority rules not the minority

Puntland will move to one man, one vote. Nobody will be capable of installing a clan-ocracy.

Som

VIP
There is no way in Islam you can adopt the lineage of another man, Raxoweyne is a Somali clan sxb. They have sub-clans and reers just like us, sure they might have some pacts with reer Madowweyne, but that doesnt make them Raxoweyne.
I never said they adopted another lineage.
Let me rephrase this. Raxanweyn have a tradition of adopting Bantus, this doesn't mean that bantus automatically become Raxanweyn but it means they have a protection pact so that they can get help if they are in trouble. So basically some bantus are technically part of RX without being actually RX.
Rx is of course 100% somali , and actually Af maay is probably the purest form of the somali language without arabic influence. I think Raxanweyn are probably the oldest somali clan, but traditionally they are a mixture of confederation and abtirsi while other clans rely only on abtirsi.

Last edited:

Som

VIP
There was also a D&M gentleman on this forum who has a Bantu haplogroup. So, there is some truth to Bantus being absorbed, knowingly or unknowingly.
Well it's not surprising. Everything south of galgaduud has bantu minorities. People intermarry, even though somalis are endogamous one or two intermarriages with bantus over hundreds of years is normal.
Even in the US there's plenty of white people in the south who have small black ancestry.

I have relatives that look as hindi as Karaash or even some that look half arab or something, it's not that weird. lol, He's a normal Harti man.
What He Needs To Do Is Settle The Sool Issue Before Anything I Hear He Can't Even Read What Fools Reer Dhul Udug Would Be If A Man Like Him Take Office He Might Even Invite His Reer Abti
tumblr_n3q66ztmpC1r79hl9o1_250.gifv.gif

Well it's not surprising. Everything south of galgaduud has bantu minorities. People intermarry, even though somalis are endogamous one or two intermarriages with bantus over hundreds of years is normal.
Even in the US there's plenty of white people in the south who have small black ancestry.

Some Somalis from the South are showing up with traces of Niger-Congo DNA. But I actually think some Somalis get this Bantu admixture from marrying Barwanis, Shanshis etc, they may not even know that these people are actually Arab-Bantu-Indian admixed.

Som

VIP
Anyway PL has a big responsability which is too lift up the rest of somalia since they are the most peaceful and stable region. I applaud reer PL for welcoming their fellow somalis and embracing them.

Som

VIP
Some Somalis from the South are showing up with traces of Niger-Congo DNA. But I actually think some Somalis get this Bantu admixture from marrying Barwanis, Shanshis etc, they may not even know that these people are actually Arab-Bantu-Indian admixed.
True. Basically Abgaals and RX are the only ones who may have some traces of bantu admixture, most don't have that but some do. It's probably from benadiris but also from pure bantus. It depends.
Daroods in the south such as MX, southern MJs, Ogadeen etc are more recent in the region so they are less likely to have bantu admixture, same for Hawiye subclans Habar Gidir and Murusade which who are traditionally from central somalia and moved to the south in the last few centuries.
Anyone who is from north of Hiiraan probably never came in contact with bantus untill very very recently

True. Basically Abgaals and RX are the only ones who may have some traces of bantu admixture, most don't have that but some do. It's probably from benadiris but also from pure bantus. It depends.
Daroods in the south such as MX, southern MJs, Ogadeen etc are more recent in the region so they are less likely to have bantu admixture, same for Hawiye subclans Habar Gidir and Murusade which who are traditionally from central somalia and moved to the south in the last few centuries.
Anyone who is from north of Hiiraan probably never came in contact with bantus untill very very recently

I don't even think it's about how long you have been in a region, it's about proximity to Bantus. Hartis have been in Jubbas since 1800s, but remember, that was on the coast. And the ones that went to South-West, lived among D&M ethnic Somalis, not Bantus.

For instance, clans who live on farming/fertile land were more likely to see Bantus around more often. We all know men have trouble keeping their eyes to themselves, so imagine a Somali man seeing a pretty Bantu girl. I do think you're right and that some people married Bantus and for some reason their family didn't keep record of it.

The more DNA testing, the more we will see if our hypotheses are true.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Karaash is a Harti Somali man, bisinka.

He's our Vice President so we should respect him. If we catch him in a criminal act, then we should go after him, but for now, he is owed our respect.

Agreed. Whoever leads Puntland is our President and deserves our support and respect. I very much doubt Karaash would work on dismantling Puntland.

Som

VIP
I don't even think it's about how long you have been in a region, it's about proximity to Bantus. Hartis have been in Jubbas since 1800s, but remember, that was on the coast. And the ones that went to South-West, lived among D&M ethnic Somalis, not Bantus.

For instance, clans who live on farming/fertile land were more likely to see Bantus around more often. We all know men have trouble keeping their eyes to themselves, so imagine a Somali man seeing a pretty Bantu girl. I do think you're right and that some people married Bantus and for some reason their family didn't keep record of it.

The more DNA testing, the more we will see if our hypotheses are true.
I agree that proximity to bantu majority areas matters. For example MX in Gedo live mostly in arid areas with no bantu population, while the RX people in Gedo live close to the Juba river which has more bantu inhabitants. But at the same time Ogadeens in lower jubba and middle jubba live close to bantu majority areas. I believe how long a specific clan has been in the region can tell us something about bantu admixture. Historically Hawiye (probably abgaal) were mentioned by arab geographers as living in the south (Merka area) in the 12-13th century. That was the first time a somali clan was mentioned by name in written sources. Daroods (MX and Harti) settled in the South (Gedo and Jubbas) only after the 1850s. People always asume all bantus were descendents of slaves brought by omanus in the 1800s but historical records suggest a swahili like bantu population may have inhabited some parts of the southern coast , in fact arabs used to call anything south of Xamar as "bilad al zanj" while the rest was bilad al barbar. I think clans who moved to the south in the middle ages have had small sporadic contact with this bantu-swahili population through trade and may have intermarried with them. Some European scholars suggest this bantu population may have lived in Xamar, Barawe etc with somalis and arabs, benadiris are the mixture of these population. They were probably Swahili muslim traders who settled on muslim coastal towns for business or religious purposes.
Additional admixture happened in the 1800s with bantu slaves brought by Arabs from Tanzania/Mozambique. This explains why southern daroods are less likely to have bantu dna.Anyway keep in mind that probably 90%+ of RX, Abgaals etc have zero bantu heritage , only a few families of traders or slave owners may have had contact with bantus.

@Neero

I was thinking this outfit, with a nice white dress-shirt underneath for modesty and leather sandals for men. And for officials, turbans.

81dd21d5ec09f4ce5d3d6898295af774-jpg.47610
No offence, but why would you wear such old-fashioned attire in the modern age? It is too strange IMO. It's like if European officials wore this in their meetings:

istockphoto-1278849904-1024x1024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending