DEVELOPING NEWS Puntland Local Elections 2023 & Presidential Elections 2024

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
There's no doubt that the elections will be held now with registration scheduled to open 16 Dec. I do not have neither the charisma nor intelligence to be a good politician so I will not run. I hope that those that do run are good people.

Via Amiin Guled

Proposed election deal by speaker of parliament is for the current MPs to select the President and VP on the 8th of January with a two year mandate upon election.

I'm assuming parliamentary elections will be held after this period. This seems to be a reasonable middle ground solution.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Via Amiin Guled

Proposed election deal by speaker of parliament is for the current MPs to select the President and VP on the 8th of January with a two year mandate upon election.

I'm assuming parliamentary elections will be held after this period. This seems to be a reasonable middle ground solution.
Why not the oppeside, let ismo choice 66 MPs. And people vote one of the presidental nomine. We dont want president comes by money like Qoslaya and work for his clan.

President of Puntland has appointed members to the Electoral Matters Negotiation Committee.

The committee's primary responsibility is to oversee and coordinate election-related matters in the region.

The appointed members are as follows:

1. Abdi Farah Said Juha (Chairman): Mr. Juha will serve as the chairman of the committee. He brings with him extensive experience in electoral affairs and is expected to provide strong leadership in ensuring a fair and transparent electoral process.

2. Ibrahim Artan Haji Bakin (Member)

3. Dr. Naceema Abdirahman (Member)

4. Abdullahi Mohamed Hassan (Member)

5. Mohamed Abdirahman Dhabancad (Member)

6. Hassan Yusuf Majabe (Member):

7. Hassan Caballa Hassan (Member):

The newly appointed members will work collectively to promote transparency, inclusivity, and fairness in the electoral process in Puntland.

Their efforts will play a vital role in facilitating a peaceful and successful election.

Trending