Puntland government divides Bossaso city into four districts

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
The city is divided into four districts to the largest four tribes,according to PL this will help strength the security issues and moniter the foreign residents, this development has created many tribes like Warsans and others to feel excluded and demanded to get one district of their own.
FB_IMG_1592330893864.jpg

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Not a good precedent... Dividing city officially along tribal lines...

The govt at surface needs to remain impartial as this may lead to govt providing service / developing areas on his kin first before anyone else

Only terrorist harbouring traitors are not happy with this, the 4 new degmos will have their own police force better security and development accordingly. This was needed.

lol can't even share bosaso?

why not just have the people vote for their own mayor for godsake what is stopping him holding an election there?

Local elections will be held soon, this is no issue for now

I heard some harti settle there, I need myself a plot of land near Luuq :hillarybiz:

the solutions deni is coming with is bad. this will just create more problems. the solution to somalias stalemate is not more clan division. give the people the power and the ultimate vote.

4 different police 4 different mayors 4 different district councils in one city walaahi now i have seen it all.

but i know why dani does not want a mayor elected by the people. because a man who came from the peoples vote would not be beholden to dani, he would be beholden to the people that voted from him.

but this is not just dani, this is all over somalia even hargeysa they don't elect their mayors.

the solutions deni is coming with is bad. this will just create more problems. the solution to somalias stalemate is not more clan division. give the people the power and the ultimate vote.

4 different police 4 different mayors 4 different district councils in one city walaahi now i have seen it all.

but i know why dani does not want a mayor elected by the people. because a man who came from the peoples vote would not be beholden to dani, he would be beholden to the people that voted from him.

but this is not just dani, this is all over somalia even hargeysa they don't elect their mayors.
4 different governors* Bosaso has one mayor still I'm sure. It will be like Xamar. The ultimate goal is to just increase security and crackdown on enemies. Regional elections are promised to take place soon later this year. Villages will start first then towns etc. It's important to elect mayors so people feel represented.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

That is the plan incase you were not following the PL election process, this had nothing to do with tribes, some people on social media interpreted the four district lines to be one tribe majority and are also predicting who will win the council seat, the city residents will vote for the mayor from now on.

This is wrong
@Manafesto

U know why its wrong

The city needs more than 4 districts though, if a 14 KM square city like Mogadishu has 18 districts then 11 KM square Bossaso should have atleast 10 districts.
:kanyeshrug:

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
Local elections will be held soon, this is no issue for now

I heard some harti settle there, I need myself a plot of land near Luuq :hillarybiz:

You are welcome sxb. Yeah there used to be Harti and Arab traders here. Alot of Harti lived in Baardhere as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts