Puntland: Foreign labor leave 1000s out of job whilst raising construction standards

Laagite

الداروودي
Those workers stranded in Garowe looking to get their daily wages.

I don't get why they won't move to small tuulos or towns, Somalia is a big country its not worth stranding yourself in those streets if no one's willing to hire.

It's due to the skill difference between Somali labourers and foreign labourers. Some somali constructors don't even know what a measurement is.

World

VIP
God damn Indians and Chinese, they are everywhere. Even willing to come to somalia for work. If as @codewebsduh says, there is a skill gap, then a few should be here to transfer their skills to Somalis, but they shouldn’t replace native somalis of their jobs.

God damn Indians and Chinese, they are everywhere. Even willing to come to somalia for work. If as @codewebsduh says, there is a skill gap, then a few should be here to transfer their skills to Somalis, but they shouldn’t replace native somalis of their jobs.
Those labourers and engineers should be welcomed. Diaspora can't even trust locals to build a house without them being corrupt.

World

VIP
Those labourers and engineers should be welcomed. Diaspora can't even trust locals to build a house without them being corrupt.
Doesn’t matter. If they are bad at their job then bring a foreigner to teach them. But most the jobs for foreigners? That’s ridiculous. Somalia has a huge unemployment rate, and the few jobs we have cannot go to foreigners.

Laagite

الداروودي
I saw a Pakistani in Ceeri, he stood out like a sore thumb

Laagite

الداروودي
There should be a skill transfer, the foreign laborers must teach local staff about modern construction techniques. A society can't prosper without its citizens, this isn't a problem now but its going to be later down the line.

OGx3

Maa ana waalan mise cadan baa laga heesayaa?
Surprised these guys aren’t being slaughtered. Salute to puntland security for keeping these guys safe. The folks being displaced lives are on the line like guy loosing wife and family.
Construction isn’t rocket engineering it’s manual labor get skilled foreman and couple skilled workers overseas rest should be somalis getting on the job training

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

Hassan Qabri Faage
VIP
There should be a skill transfer, the foreign laborers must teach local staff about modern construction techniques. A society can't prosper without its citizens, this isn't a problem now but its going to be later down the line.
Even worse majority are bantu and DM from the south.The average PLer thinks he's too good for this work while being jobless himself. People need to learn and work.

Surprised these guys aren’t being slaughtered. Salute to puntland security for keeping these guys safe. The folks being displaced lives are on the line like guy loosing wife and family.
Construction isn’t rocket engineering it’s manual labor get skilled foreman and couple skilled workers overseas rest should be somalis getting on the job training
Reer nugaaleed will kill their own if they are mooryaan

:sass2::sass2:

Laagite

الداروودي
Even worse majority are bantu and DM from the south.The average PLer thinks he's too good for this work while being jobless himself. People need to learn and work.
Thats going to be used by AS, giving them a steady wage and they could turn into terrorism. This has been a staple for minorities in Xamar and Bosaso. I believe this is going to sound harsh PL should give Southerners a ticket to SWS and have employers give a PLer their jobs the same as forcing it on them.

SWS is safer than it was a decade ago and they could take what they learned to Bay and Bakool

World

VIP
They’re making $20 a day, that is like $5000 a year. I can’t see people turning down such a lucrative job unless they have overseas family sending them a lot of money.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

Hassan Qabri Faage
VIP
Thats going to be used by AS, giving them a steady wage and they could turn into terrorism. This has been a staple for minorities in Xamar and Bosaso. I believe this is going to sound harsh PL should give Southerners a ticket to SWS and have employers give a PLer their jobs the same as forcing it on them.

SWS is safer than it was a decade ago and they could take what they learned to Bay and Bakool

Look at this, all from those communities. The xoolos PLer still thinks they are too good for this work. I would rather these DM/ bantu work than a Bangladeshi or Chinaman but their quality of work is way better walle. I have seen it with my own eyes.

Laagite

الداروودي

Look at this, all from those communities. The xoolos PLer still thinks they are too good for this work. I would rather these DM/ bantu work than a Bangladeshi or Chinaman but their quality of work is way better walle. I have seen it with my own eyes.
They're getting picked off the streets like that is not a good look, PL should invest in trades, set up a vocational school and hire indian/chinese professionals to teach them how the work is done.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Doesn’t matter. If they are bad at their job then bring a foreigner to teach them. But most the jobs for foreigners? That’s ridiculous. Somalia has a huge unemployment rate, and the few jobs we have cannot go to foreigners.
It’s not even that they’re bad. It’s that they are corrupt. You can’t trust them. It’s not in their benefit to do good quality work on time.

Send the Bantu back to their ancestors lands. We no longer need them for menial work

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
They're getting picked off the streets like that is not a good look, PL should invest in trades, set up a vocational school and hire indian/chinese professionals to teach them how the work is done.

with WHAT money...

unless the administration can do what they did in Somaliland:
National Service get you a job in miliatry and govt
Teacher Training Institute trains you to be teacher in a State School
Civil Service Institute - get's a job within civil service

The only downside is once you complete a program at these places you get sent to wherever there is a need, which is why some people complete it but don't take the job as they are taken too far from home.

I don't think the administration has the capacity for this yet as there's pressing matters to deal with first

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
They’re making $20 a day, that is like $5000 a year. I can’t see people turning down such a lucrative job unless they have overseas family sending them a lot of money.

Unfortunately people do, somalis look down on xamaali, madhibaans and bantus did that work mostly.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Another sign of bad governance, a competent government would hire foreign teachers so their native population could acquire these skills. Somali leaders have a lot to answer on Judgment day.

Those people you want to deport have been in the region for 30 years, why would they leave to SWS??

World

VIP
Unfortunately people do, somalis look down on xamaali, madhibaans and bantus did that work mostly.
Historically speaking that’s true. When they were nomads. But the national average unemployment rate for urban cities in Somalia is 60 %. So unless they have remittance money supporting them, how will they feed their children? You can’t look down upon a job that gives you $20 a day when the alternative is your wife leaving you for not providing for her.