Puntland approves the state's $354 Million budget estimates for 2022

Interesting that the PL budget is higher than SL. I thought it would be the opposite!

Why bring Somaliland into this discussion?

I don’t think Somaliland published its budget yet. To answer your question, Puntland’s generated revenue is generally quite small compared to Somaliland:

33FB92BC-6929-4076-8B0A-130DFA2DAE88.jpeg

So this budget is probably adding quite a bit of aid.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Why bring Somaliland into this discussion?

I don’t think Somaliland published its budget yet. To answer your question, Puntland’s generated revenue is generally quite small compared to Somaliland:

View attachment 205966

So this budget is probably adding quite a bit of aid.

Using Federal government data isn't exactly reliable when they don't even provide any source to their data. If SL is richer then PL, just show me this amount of trade activity happening anywhere in that cesspool, their all sleepy towns with nothing happening.

Watch at the 3:38 mark your lander is even in Bosaso doing trade. You don't even control your own local trade. It's well known that SL is controlled by a few traders and they locked everyone else out.

Using Federal government data isn't exactly reliable when they don't even provide any source to their data. If SL is richer then PL, just show me this amount of trade activity happening anywhere in that cesspool, their all sleepy towns with nothing happening.

Watch at the 3:38 mark your lander is even in Bosaso doing trade. You don't even control your own local trade. It's well known that SL is controlled by a few traders and they locked everyone else out.

This discussion is not about comparing Somaliland to a federal region of Somalia. I’ve included my sources in the previous message.

If you want to look at the numbers you can check the total revenue generated by Puntland and compare it to total revenue generated in Maroodijeex region of Somaliland or Saaxil, this should put things in perspective for you.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
This discussion is not about comparing Somaliland to a federal region of Somalia. I’ve included my sources in the previous message.

If you want to look at the numbers you can check the total revenue generated by Puntland and compare it to total revenue generated in Maroodijeex region of Somaliland or Saaxil, this should put things in perspective for you.
Your brain dead or something, who is crazy comparing gobol to state lool.

In your jeegaan logic Bossaso generate more revenue than Somaliland federal state of Somalia!!.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia @Gacmadheere it's best u surrender as u know there is no amount of trade activity happening anywhere in SL in comparison to PL, if their was, u wud simply show the trucks lining up at your port like I did for PL.

As for your so called budget data, anyone can put in numbers into a spreadsheet. But where is that 'spreadsheet' data source, what u presented isn't a 'data source', it's a 'report'. it's obvious you lack education as u don't know the difference.

I asked u for the data sources of your so called budget. How dumb are these landers.

Your brain dead or something, who is crazy comparing gobol to state lool.

In your jeegaan logic Bossaso generate more revenue than Somaliland federal state of Somalia!!.
Revenue is just a figure, you can make whatever claim you want, but unless you can provide evidence it’s just BS.

According to Puntland’s own figures, it’s revenue figure was reported at $93M, that is less than what Berbera alone generates, and equivalent to revenue generated from minor customs in SL. These are the facts we have.

@warside Check this out :reallymaury:
Puntland adds world Bank projects and other projects to the budget forecast, plus the grants from IC although Mogadishu keeps it, Also this year there is Garowe-Galkacyo road construction funded by EU and African Development Bank.
But I'm only interested in domestic revenue, that's why I look into quarterly reports.

Puntland adds world Bank projects and other projects to the budget forecast, plus the grants from IC although Mogadishu keeps it, Also this year there is Garowe-Galkacyo road construction funded by EU and African Development Bank.
But I'm only interested in domestic revenue, that's why I look into quarterly reports.
Uhmm that's pretty informative brother :hmm:

How long will Puntland tolerate Mogadishu's theft of international community funding?
Puntland has to stop being passive here and find a way to get direct funding and cut out these manipulative leeches.

How long will Puntland tolerate Mogadishu's theft of international community funding?
Puntland has to stop being passive here and find a way to get direct funding and cut out these manipulative leeches.
The federal government is expecting 470 million from grants in 2022, Puntland should demand 100 million at least from the next government.

I agree with you but another option is we have a different president and government at the federal level who is pro FMS and will not keep international aid money to just Banadir. This is why I want either Said Deni or adeerkay Dr Abdinur Sh. Mohamed to become the next president of Somalia

Dude in what world you are living? puntland has way smaller economy than somaliland. Without bosaso port you guys would be poorer than koonfur galbeed.

Deni should run for president

Celebrating The Best GIF by Bounce
I agree with you but another option is we have a different president and government at the federal level who is pro FMS and will not keep international aid money to just Banadir. This is why I want either Said Deni or adeerkay Dr Abdinur Sh. Mohamed to become the next president of Somalia

This needs to be 'irreversible', every Federal Government should have direct access to their own funding. This way a miserable despot cannot hold any group hostage and derail development.

Trending