Puntland approves the state's $354 Million budget estimates for 2022

The figure for SL is $26.7M in the first 6 months of the year. Can you provide the figure for PL to prove your point?
in Q3 overall revenue was: 30,784,639. and international trade tax: 12,813,891. so most of Puntland revenue isn't from the customs tax.
I know that Somaliland relies heavily on the customs tax since they have a trade route with Ethiopia.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Dude in what world you are living? puntland has way smaller economy than somaliland. Without bosaso port you guys would be poorer than koonfur galbeed.

Anyone can scream SL is rich and PL is poor, im sick of your weak debating points. Show me the same level of trade activity that I showed in bosaso anywhere in SL. You don't have any trade activity. Djibouti controls the ethiopian trade, you try to sit there and collect the scraps and that's why you see nothing moving in and out of SL besides a few 'traders' who locked the berbera port to themselves.

Screw you and your jealousy of PL. Next time prove to me where this large amount of trade is in SL or sit down

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
in Q3 overall revenue was: 30,784,639. and international trade tax: 12,813,891. so most of Puntland revenue isn't from the customs tax.
I know that Somaliland relies heavily on the customs tax since they have a trade route with Ethiopia.

Djibouti controls 90% of the ethiopian trade, Berbera is trying to squeeze itself into Ethiopia by collecting the scraps left over by Djibouti. That is horrendous business model. Two ports competing for the same market, only winner is the customer not the ports. Berbera took in DPworld after Djibouti got rid of them, wallahi they collect the scraps left over by Djibouti.

What a horrendous economic model to follow. PL has all Puntland,Somaliland,Central Somalia and Hiiran and DDS locked down. Bosaso port is an amazing story how it serves the nation. Garacad is gonna be a game-changer too and going to be a container port. All containers will be re-routed to Garacad and all Medium Sized Vessels will operate from Bosaso.

Last edited:

Reborn
Anyone can scream SL is rich and PL is poor, im sick of your weak debating points. Show me the same level of trade activity that I showed in bosaso anywhere in SL. You don't have any trade activity. Djibouti controls the ethiopian trade, you try to sit there and collect the scraps and that's why you see nothing moving in and out of SL besides a few 'traders' who locked the berbera port to themselves.

Screw you and your jealousy of PL. Next time prove to me where this large amount of trade is in SL or sit down

Yes PL accounts to around 90% of Somalia GDP

Trending

Latest posts