Pros and cons of living in Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lived in California for over 15 years and I think I might finally move and settle somewhere else. I always liked Minnesota but since we have members here...I would like to ask you guys to list me what is good about MN and what is bad about it. Also tell me which part of Minnesota is good for a recent graduate.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Meta,
I always thought you were from the UK lol didn't know you were Reer Cali. I wanna visit the 619 got a cousin there and one of my honeys.:banderas:

I never lived in Minnesota but can give my advice on what I know about that state.
First, Juts like CA, it is mostly a liberal state which is one of the best places in the USA for a minority person to live.

Second, the cost of living is by an large cheaper than CA.

Third, If you are in Engineering or in IT profession, there are less opportunity in Minnesota than there are in CA.

Fourth, if you intend to start a business and it involves in the service industry, it is a good place to do as a start-up since you have a large Somali community presence.

Fifth, based on my observation in both MN and CA after I made several visits, I found Somalis in MN to be very westernized. In San Diego, I almost felt as if I was in Somalia where it was even a shame to see a Somali woman walking in the street without hijab. Therefore, if you're raising kids, the environment matters and I would not leave San Diego for MN if that is your city.

Sixth, the number of young Somali males in MN prisons have been reported to be in the thousands. I did not see an official government figures that confirms it but that is what Somalis told me. I found the number to be very high; therefore, I've felt many boys have found themselves in the gangs and then eventually ended up in the prison system. Very sad story. My advice is think about if you have a wife and children, and if you want to raise those kids in an environment like that.

Finally, I want to go back to my third point, since you're good at math, I am assuming you're in the engineering profession based on your math skills. If so, CA is better place for you despite the high cost and the traffic headache.

Good luck bro.

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
Pros:

Every corner they got a Somali cafe/tea shop to grab a sambuse in the mourning

A lot of jobs where you can climb the latter

You can work with your remative's fraudulent home health company..you'll make money but eventually he'll get arrested

Your deen iman will increase due to so many mosques and Dawah

So many lakes to enjoy and take dates and visitors.

Cons;

Noisy xoolo Somalis at every corner, Your ceeb is there joy and will be the talk of the town

Every other week you'll run into someone ku shaxaadayo or old head visiting you for qaaraan

Winter is so terrible that some days it is -55 F

Somalis are exceptional hated by the natives

Teenager might shoot you in a mistaken identity

MN has a ton of women, I've to admit I enjoy my time there. I hope you're smart enough to decipher the message being encoded here.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
If you can take the shitty winter then you'll be fine most of the somalis in the city have been moving to the suburbs the last few years:ehh:As for somali females here you'll find good looking one sometimes:ehh: Like meth the f*ck boys natives hate our guts so look out also the city tends to know everything:francis:

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
If you can take the shitty winter then you'll be fine most of the somalis in the city have been moving to the suburbs the last few years:ehh:As for somali females here you'll find good looking one sometimes:ehh: Like menace said the f*ck boys natives hate our guts so look out also the city tends to know everything:francis:
:francis:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I never lived in Minnesota but can give my advice on what I know about that state.
First, Juts like CA, it is mostly a liberal state which is one of the best places in the USA for a minority person to live.

Second, the cost of living is by an large cheaper than CA.

Third, If you are in Engineering or in IT profession, there are less opportunity in Minnesota than there are in CA. .

I thought you hated liberals? You kinda admitted that liberals are tolerant and accepting of minorities. :heh:

menace

VIP
Oromo's mainly live in MN and Seattle under the domimation of their Somali brethres ..they even inter-marry

I thought you hated liberals? You kinda admitted that liberals are tolerant and accepting of minorities. :heh:

Atheists assume that liberalism means outright support to atheism. It isn't. I lived in the South and honestly speaking preferred some of the conservative ideas like the Right to Life, Marriage between Man and a Woman, less government in people's affairs, etc. However, I realized after 9-11 that it is troublesome to live in those states. Therefore, my preference of living in a liberal state is one forced on me by circumstances. It doesn't mean that I am a liberal; to the contrary, I am a social conservative; but due to the current circumstances, especially when it comes to employment and housing, it is better for Muslims to live in the blue states.

For the love of all that is holy

DO NOT RELOCATE TO THE MIDWEST

Go somewhere interesting, with a growing economy and a small Somali community. Denver, anywhere in TX, DMV....any place with a huge Somali community is terrible, and those places in the US are also in the shittiest parts of the country. OH/MN:hova:

menace

VIP
For the love of all that is holy

DO NOT RELOCATE TO THE MIDWEST

Go somewhere interesting, with a growing economy and a small Somali community. Denver, anywhere in TX, DMV....any place with a huge Somali community is terrible, and those places in the US are also in the shittiest parts of the country. OH/MN:hova:
I actually concur ...ka fogaaw meel ey maryooleydu isku soo aruyriyeen...that's for the sake of your children if you got any..

Never raise your kids around other Somalis and madoow

I wouldn't recommend TX or the DMV area, instead I'm strongly suggesting you go west. Seattle/Portland offer a better lifestyle of income, housing and extracurricular activities. Get away from these polluted cities with backward politics.

menace

VIP
Portland, Oregon has been confirmed as one of the most beautiful, clean, good employment, transportation and environmentally friendly city in almost all of the U.S.

menace

VIP
Which Washington?

Btw if you intend to make quick hard cash I would suggest you go to North Dakota...

There's no social life...they got bars and prostitutes ...if that's something you can preoccupy yourself ....

Also Nashville is a nice place...

Phoenix is another ...

New Mexico is fine too

Kansas City is sweet too....

Portland and Bangor Maine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending