Prime minister Ahmed Abiy wins the 2019 Nobel peace prize

Ethiopia isn't even comparable to the USA. One was a former genuine industrial powerhouse and the other is still struggling with basic sanitation, AIDS and ethnic conflicts. It's not up there with China, Brazil, India or any other large emerging economies (I think Rwanda might fit the NEE specification minus the large economy bit) that aren't hampered by these shitty problems. If they handled their debt like South Korea I'd understand.

I have no qualms with Ethiopia it's just plain stupid to call a country a powerhouse when it scores lower on the human development index than every South American countriy visible on a map. If you have a vendetta against Somali males then that is not my problem nor do I give a shit it was destroyed by Somali males. Ethiopia along with almost all of Sub-Saharan Africa is a shitty underdeveloped place.

You do realize that South Korea was built by the US after the Korean War? And that Korea was a military dictatorship until only a few years ago. And that prior to the Korean War, they had been providing slaves, not Samsungs to the rest of the world. Same thing with even Italy, Germany, Japan, or the UK post-world war 2. India for all of their fake Bollywood idiocy seems modernized because they have a population of over 1 billion...they also house over 1/3 of the world's poor and the majority haven't seen a toilet in their lives.

I agree that Africans have much work to do to "catch up" with the rest of the world, but the first step is destroying the defeatist, west worshipping attitude that has shackled Africa for so long. It's the reason why Kenya and South Africa are run by whites and Asians, while the black Africans attack other Africans who supported them during colonialism and apartheid.

Trending