Prime minister Ahmed Abiy wins the 2019 Nobel peace prize

Muji

VIP
You not knowing anything about this suggests a lot. This conflict killed thousands and has been ongoing since the 1960's making it one of the longest running wars in South America's history. Both the UK and the United States are involved in this and this includes the UK's
Special Reconnaissance Unit (14 Field Security and Intelligence Company) under the British army.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_conflict

Its had a higher death toll than the ethio-eritrean war and has been going on for much longer. He's not some no name politician, the man managed to end a shitty war that has caused deaths and has at the very least decreased the production of drugs for funding purposes, illegal mining and the kidnapping of high status targets and the myriad of civilian deaths involving these paramilitaries. Albeit he may have got lucky with timing.

So how does this contradict anything I’ve said

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
So how does this contradict anything I’ve said
You not knowing what his face looks like doesn't diminish what he has done. The war he ended has a higher death toll and has went on longer than the war Abiy ended.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
God bless PM abby a hero and a true symbol of peace, we support you 100%

Tukraq

VIP
Nobody cares

Ethiopia is about to be an african powerhouse
hqdefault.jpg

He deserves it to be honest, he saved Sudan from potentially becoming like another Syria or Yemen, after the 3rd of June Massacre. He was instrumental in getting the transitional military ruling council and the forces of freedom and change to the negotiating table.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Nobody cares

Ethiopia is about to be an african powerhouse
African powerhouse. Even the name makes me laugh, they're just catching up with the rest of the world just like the rest of Africa. I would've been impressed if they weren't incurring debts left and right. That whole continent is cursed.

This award has been meaningless since Obama won it for winning a political campaign. People let that go too quickly it was so retarded.

He deserves it to be honest, he saved Sudan from potentially becoming like another Syria or Yemen, after the 3rd of June Massacre. He was instrumental in getting the transitional military ruling council and the forces of freedom and change to the negotiating table.

You are absolutely right and Sudanese are thankful. Look how they reacted when his name is mentioned. He literally saved Sudan!

You are absolutely right and Sudanese are thankful. Look how they reacted when his name is mentioned. He literally saved Sudan!

As we should be, where were the Arab leaders? And the rest of the African Union when we needed them? NOWHERE to be seen, he was the only African leader, in fact the THE ONLY leader of a sovereign state in the world, who stood by us in our time of need.

Last edited:

Muji

VIP
African powerhouse. Even the name makes me laugh, they're just catching up with the rest of the world just like the rest of Africa. I would've been impressed if they weren't incurring debts left and right. That whole continent is cursed.

Lol go and look at America’s debt and then speak nacas. Stop hating. Just because Somali men ruined somalia doesn’t mean every other country is bad.

The bar is nonexistent lmao Obama won it while he sold a record number of arms, bombed 7 countries and droned thousands of innocents but congrats I guess :zhqjlmx:

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Lol go and look at America’s debt and then speak nacas. Stop hating. Just because Somali men ruined somalia doesn’t mean every other country is bad.
Ethiopia isn't even comparable to the USA. One was a former genuine industrial powerhouse and the other is still struggling with basic sanitation, AIDS and ethnic conflicts. It's not up there with China, Brazil, India or any other large emerging economies (I think Rwanda might fit the NEE specification minus the large economy bit) that aren't hampered by these shitty problems. If they handled their debt like South Korea I'd understand.

I have no qualms with Ethiopia it's just plain stupid to call a country a powerhouse when it scores lower on the human development index than every South American countriy visible on a map. If you have a vendetta against Somali males then that is not my problem nor do I give a shit it was destroyed by Somali males. Ethiopia along with almost all of Sub-Saharan Africa is a shitty underdeveloped place.

He deservedly won the award. Ethiopia is very lucky to have him as prime minister as this juncture of their country transitioning to a full federal system democracy.

Apollo

VIP
I never took this seriously after Obama got that Nobel peace prize. Surely there were much better candidates than a man who still has ethnic conflicts going on in his country. Hell people like Juan Manuel Santos deserve it just as much.
The bar is nonexistent lmao Obama won it while he sold a record number of arms, bombed 7 countries and droned thousands of innocents but congrats I guess :zhqjlmx:

psEI4Il.jpg

Why laugh...? Ethiopia is gonna be Africa's powerhouse in the near future. Nothing stops them and they keep going forward.

Whereas a private Kenyan plane lands in Kismayo airport withourt notice or official permission and Somalia does nothing about it. lol

Tukraq

VIP
Why laugh...? Ethiopia is gonna be Africa's powerhouse in the near future. Nothing stops them and they keep going forward.

Whereas a private Kenyan plane lands in Kismayo airport withourt notice or official permission and Somalia does nothing about it. lol
*private jubbaland plane, nothing wrong with that

Trending