Pre Islamic religion of the somalis

Waaqfimo, Othordox Christianity (Coptic), and Judaism were the religious practiced in Somalia before Islamic expansion. That's why there's tales about Yibirs in Woqoyi Galbeed formally being Jews
I doubt Yibirs ever practised Judaism in the past, i think they're simply rumours. As for Coptic/Egyptian Christianity in North-West Somalia, it could be possible thanks to influence from Axumites who also practised Orthodox Coptic Christianity.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I wish Somalis converted to Christianity instead of Islam. Even though Christianity was the worst religion in the dark ages, today Somalis would’ve been better off with Christianity

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I wish Somalis converted to Christianity instead of Islam. Even though Christianity was the worst religion in the dark ages, today Somalis would’ve been better off with Christianity
Somalis were Christians, then got conquered by Islamic Al Sumal Chad's from the coast.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
Maybe the unity of Punt and Cush can help explain the prevalence of the two parental haplogroups of Somalis , E1b1b and T1a , that already seems like a union to me.

Trending