Potentials

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
How many of you have had people from other cultures ask you for marriage?

I'm not here to brag but I've had
A Palestine guy, Indian , Afghan, Ethiopian and Turk.

I told them all I'm only interested in my own kind, some were pulling up hadith's and stating what I'm doing is wrong etc. But I told them having a preference isn't haram.

I told them all I'm only interested in my own kind, some were pulling up hadith's and stating what I'm doing is wrong etc. But I told them having a preference isn't haram.
:faysalwtf:
Walaal they can pull up any verse of the Quran or Hadith Laakiin at the end of the day the choice is yours whether you want them or not. DO NOT let them make you feel bad about your choice

Nagataga ajnabiyoo we follow shaafi madhab and shaafi madhab has this.

We see the following regarding the kafa’a for marriage in the classic Shafi’i manual of Islamic law titled ‘Umdat as-Salik wa ‘Uddat an-Nasik (Reliance of the Traveller and Tools of the Worshipper):

والكفاءةُ في: النسَبِ والدِّينِ والحريةِ والصَّنعةِ وسلامة العيوبِ المُثْبِتَةِ للخِيار، فلا يُكافئ العجميُّ عربيةً، ولا غيرُ قُرَشيٍّ قُرشيَّةً، ولا غيرُ هاشميٍّ أو مُطَّلبيٍّ هاشميةً أو مطَّلبيةً، ولا فاسقٌ عفيفةً، ولا عبدٌ حرةً، ولا العتيقُ أو من مسَّ آباءَهُ رِقٌّ حرةَ الأصلِ، ولا ذو حِرفَةٍ دنيئةٍ بنتَ ذي حِرفةٍ أرفعَ، كخياطٍ بنتَ تاجرٍ، ولا معيبٌ بعيبٍ يُثْبِتُ الخِيارَ سليمةً منهُ، ولا اعتبارَ باليسارِ والشيخوخةِ، فمتى زوَّجها بغَيْرِ كُفءٍ بغَيرِ رضاها ورِضا الأولياءِ الذينَ هم في درَجتهِ فالنِّكاحُ باطلٌ، وإن رَضُوا أو رضيَتْ فليسَ للأبعدِ اعتراضٌ.

(Taken from the section of Kafa’a in the chapter of Nikaah in the text)
Translation: Kafa’a (Suitability in marriage for a female) is in the lineage (ancestry of the man), and in religiousness, and his being a free man (not a slave), and in his profession, and his being free of defects that can cause the annulment of the marriage. And the ajami (non-Arab) is NOT suitable for an Arab woman, and a non-Qurayshi is NOT suitable for a Qurayshi woman (Quraysh was the tribe of the Holy Prophet (S)), nor is a non-Hashimi or non-Muttalabi suitable for a Hashimi or Muttalabi woman (Hashimitesare the members of the clan to which the Holy Prophet (S) belonged to, and Muttalabites are the descendants of the grandfather of the Holy Prophet(S)). Nor is an immoral man suitable for a virtuous woman, nor is a slave suitable for a free woman, nor is a freed slave or one whose ancestors were touched by slavery suitable for a (free) woman whose ancestors were free. Nor is a man of a lowly profession suitable for the daughter of someone with a noble profession, such as a tailor wanting to marry a tradesman’s daughter.

:kanyeshrug::damedamn:

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I told them there's plenty of beautiful girls from their cultures and they would respond with "do we need to marry from our own"

TBH the Turkish guy I was so close to marrying he had his life sorted, had a business running,good looking and into the deen. But I was thinking about my kids I want them to have a somali tribe looool

Swahili from Kenya
5B3BFAD3-CC2A-42FA-B10E-01A9F663ECCA.jpeg

Man was saying things like if it was up to him (his people) Lamu and Mombasa would've been part of Somalia :ohreally:

Apollo

VIP
How many of you have had people from other cultures ask you for marriage?

I'm not here to brag but I've had
A Palestine guy, Indian , Afghan, Ethiopian and Turk.

I find it hard to believe or are guys that pathetic to ask women for marriage they don't know that well?

I find it hard to believe or are guys that pathetic to ask women for marriage they don't know that well?

I am guessing they where religious, its different. Don't look at it through a western lens. You're not supposed to date, just see if they tick the boxes and fall in love after marriage:farmajoyaab:

Apollo

VIP
I am guessing they where religious, its different. Don't look at it through a western lens. You're not supposed to date, just see if they tick the boxes and fall in love after marriage:farmajoyaab:

Lol, I was looking it through a Western lens and was shocked.

Trending