Potential Somali T.V show

So I found this Somali made ''T.V'' series on YouTube called Ayans world, and its giving me black.ish vibes. It feels like it was inspired from that show tbh.
The edits are a bit wack, and the camera angles could improve but over all I think the Ep was ok and that this show has potential. :hmm:
What do you all think?

The Ep starts at 4:00

Shout out to Reer Henny for making their own Somali films. You all are creative AF :ohhhdamn:

The black vibes thing is interesting to point out. AAs haven't had a lot of TV representation so they often look at certain mannerisms of characters on TV and deem them as black characters. Even Piccolo from DBZ is considered black. There is a certain je ne sais quoi that establishes something as part of a group. Either through aesthetics, or mannerisms. I think in the early years or early attempts at establishing a presence, its important to draw off of our own experiences and cultures to create our own media style. A sort of Somali media je ne sais quoi. This should extend to other Horners as to stop the Afrocentric cultural absorption. A cultural barrier so that we may continue to exist without the threat of absorption or loss of culture. This is one of the greatest threats effecting the Somali people today. As long as its entertaining then we will be fine. This gives me mid 2000s vibes

Edit : didn't realize you said Blackish as in the show. I wasn't properly paying attention, although my point still stands out about style and media presence. :meleshame:

Trending

Latest posts