Post Somali Researchers in Science

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
My awoowo (Dad’s uncle) has a PhD in marine biology but I haven’t spoken to him in ages so I don’t know what he exactly does.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
There's none because Somalis aren't taught to be creative,innovative, or invent new ideas.

We are a very close minded culture that does not foster innovation/innovative types lol.

So all the Somalis going into Med,Tech, Sci etc. are just there to collect a paycheck and leave, and maybe coon it up for their white/and or asian bosses and employees.

:mjlol:

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
There's none because Somalis aren't taught to be creative,innovative, or invent new ideas.

We are a very close minded culture that does not foster innovation/innovative types lol.

So all the Somalis going into Med,Tech, Sci etc. are just there to collect a paycheck and leave, and maybe coon it up for their white/and or asian bosses and employees.

As much as that last paragraph pains me, I agree with you. I want to go into research and even though my mum has (reluctantly) accepted my aim, my dad is like “no strawberri, research is bullshit. medicine is the only career i want you to go :icon mad:

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
As much as that last paragraph pains me, I agree with you. I want to go into research and even though my mum has (reluctantly) accepted my aim, my dad is like “no strawberri, research is bullshit. medicine is the only career i want you to go :icon mad:

Maybe comprise with them, do research in your spare time ( make sure your white/asian colleagues don't steal your ideas/research, a big problem i've noticed among creative blacks)

but still make that 100k salary.

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
Maybe comprise with them, do research in your spare time ( make sure your white/asian colleagues don't steal your ideas/research, a big problem i've noticed among creative blacks)

but still make that 100k salary.

What sort of compromise are you taking about?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

I also noticed Somali cultures are not 'leaders' they never take the plunge themselves to lead the world. They wait for arabs to do something and then copy. Notice there isn't a single invention in Somalia, even our food is heavily italian, indian, arab, and african mixture. We can not even create a damn CUISINE.

Our Somali restaurant is full of pasta and rice dishes, this is stuff people eat at their homes every-day, it's not a cuisine or an experience. Just look at Somali cafes and restaurants in the diaspora, Wallahi it's shocking how they operate with Merfishes in back-rooms, and the front area just a fridge of coke cola in there and some other halal juice bullshit.

Somali clothing is also stolen from other cultures be it indian, arabs, or africans. We can't even create our own clothes, we must copy other cultures. This is when I realized, the liklihood of Somalis being researchers in any scientific field and creating or innovating or making something better is highly unlikely. Our self esteem as a culture will continue to be low as we see no Somalis with nobel peace prizes, we don't add anything unique to the world in terms of knowledge. We are stale culture, closed society, and all we know is how to 'faan'. Have u noticed that is what we master, we master 'talking' a big game, but we produce nothing in reality.

Somalis need a culture change but they are not prepared to go thru the pain of changing culturally, we must make it TABOO our old culture of just sitting there and waiting for arabs or indians or foreigners to create something for us and then we just go to Dubai and Import it into Somalia. The more we remain like this, the more Somalis will feel inferior and people abuse our culture as backwards.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Our innovation is low in Somalia, it's actually barely existent. We have zero nobel peace prizes in any field of the sciences. We don't have an innovative culture or a knowledge economy. We suffer from a brain drain. We can't defend Somali culture when we can't prove to the world, what we have invented. We must disregard Somali culture and get rid of it before it's to late and we die out because we fail to invent and innovate.
Look at the muslim ratio per invention. from 1.7 billion people you will only find 3 inventors.

Mohammad Abdus Salam. A pakistani physicist. Ahmed Zewail who is an egyptian chemistry winner. Aziz Sancar a turkish chemistry winner.

I won't include the human rights or winners of peace and politicians who represent 7 muslim winners. This isn't an invention. Plus I won't include the measly 2 winners in 'literature'. This isn't an invention.

You can verify here the Muslim nobel prize winners. Ignore the 'literature and peace field lol. That's not an invention. You are left with 3 inventors, 2 in chemistry and 1 in physics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_Nobel_laureates

So let's work it out statistically, I love numbers because it tells you the 'real situation' facing Islam and Somalis. So for 1.7 billion Muslims world wide you only produced 3 nobel prizes. So statistically speaking your chances of an inventor in muslim pool is 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 chance. How are u going to find inventors when the ratio of inventors is 3 among 1.7 billion pool.

Now looks at jewish statistic. 180 inventors are found in 10 million people pool. You are statistically going to find that from the jewish population 0.000018% are inventors. Where-as the muslim population pool the nobel prize statistic ratio is horrendous. You won't find even one muslim inventor among 10 million Muslims, let alone 180 inventors to keep up with the jewish ratio.

Now I ask and propose a solution, should we ban Islam is the question as this religion isn't fostering knowledge, invention, winning prizes and creating products and technology or medications or military weapons. It is no longer helping the Somali people to create and invent, is this proof Islam must not be from god, or why aren't muslims leading in inventions if you have the right religion, I ponder should this religion be disregarded as 'out-dated' and 'unproductive'.

@Cilmi-doon @Al Kafi @Omar del Sur still want to hold onto Islam for whatever emotional reason but scientifically speaking, the longer they hold onto it, the worse our inventor ratio becomes, if we disregard it, we can find inventors in Somali or at least 1 inventor for our 10 million population and beat the Muslim ratio of 3 inventors for a billion people, No joke among 1000 million will you find 1 inventor in the Islamic world, it's shocking statistic and one of the reasons I doubt Islam is from god. I think it's healthy to doubt, the other option is to 'blindly follow' whatever your told.

I want Somalis to move forward in the world and keep up with inventions and I think Islam is holding them back, the reason I say Islam is. Why do we find only 3 inventors from 1.7 billion, surely Islam must be the problem, as this is world-wide problem. You create or invent nothing for the world, your a burden and leech, you just suck dry our resources in the world and consume and never produce. I want to crack down on Muslims. I want to be the 'Stalin' of the Muslim world and close down mosques and qurans and say 'iska dhiga' waxani, gadaal bay idin dhigtaye and begin forming 'secular atheist armies' and attack @Al Kafi @Cilmi-doon @Omar del Sur

Our innovation is low in Somalia, it's actually barely existent. We have zero nobel peace prizes in any field of the sciences. We don't have an innovative culture or a knowledge economy. We suffer from a brain drain. We can't defend Somali culture when we can't prove to the world, what we have invented. We must disregard Somali culture and get rid of it before it's to late and we die out because we fail to invent and innovate.
Look at the muslim ratio per invention. from 1.7 billion people you will only find 3 inventors.

Mohammad Abdus Salam. A pakistani physicist. Ahmed Zewail who is an egyptian chemistry winner. Aziz Sancar a turkish chemistry winner.

I won't include the human rights or winners of peace and politicians who represent 7 muslim winners. This isn't an invention. Plus I won't include the measly 2 winners in 'literature'. This isn't an invention.

You can verify here the Muslim nobel prize winners. Ignore the 'literature and peace field lol. That's not an invention. You are left with 3 inventors, 2 in chemistry and 1 in physics.

So let's work it out statistically, I love numbers because it tells you the 'real situation' facing Islam and Somalis. So for 1.7 billion Muslims world wide you only produced 3 nobel prizes. So statistically speaking your chances of an inventor in muslim pool is 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 chance. How are u going to find inventors when the ratio of inventors is 3 among 1.7 billion pool.

Now looks at jewish statistic. 180 inventors are found in 10 million people pool. You are statistically going to find that from the jewish population 0.000018% are inventors. Where-as the muslim population pool the nobel prize statistic ratio is horrendous. You won't find even one muslim inventor among 10 million Muslims, let alone 180 inventors to keep up with the jewish ratio.

Now I ask and propose a solution, should we ban Islam is the question as this religion isn't fostering knowledge, invention, winning prizes and creating products and technology or medications or military weapons. It is no longer helping the Somali people to create and invent, is this proof Islam must not be from god, or why aren't muslims leading in inventions if you have the right religion, I ponder should this religion be disregarded as 'out-dated' and 'unproductive'.

@Cilmi-doon @Al Kafi @Omar del Sur still want to hold onto Islam for whatever emotional reason but scientifically speaking, the longer they hold onto it, the worse our inventor ratio becomes, if we disregard it, we can find inventors in Somali or at least 1 inventor for our 10 million population and beat the Muslim ratio of 3 inventors for a billion people, No joke among 1000 million will you find 1 inventor in the Islamic world, it's shocking statistic and one of the reasons I doubt Islam is from god. I think it's healthy to doubt, the other option is to 'blindly follow' whatever your told.

I want Somalis to move forward in the world and keep up with inventions and I think Islam is holding them back, the reason I say Islam is. Why do we find only 3 inventors from 1.7 billion, surely Islam must be the problem, as this is world-wide problem. You create or invent nothing for the world, your a burden and leech, you just suck dry our resources in the world and consume and never produce. I want to crack down on Muslims. I want to be the 'Stalin' of the Muslim world and close down mosques and qurans and say 'iska dhiga' waxani, gadaal bay idin dhigtaye and begin forming 'secular atheist armies' and attack @Al Kafi @Cilmi-doon @Omar del Sur

So now you wanna get rid of Somali culture as well ? I know you’re not gonna marry a Somali girl.Where does your self-hatred end ?

:snoop:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
So now you wanna get rid of Somali culture as well ? I know you’re not gonna marry a Somali girl.Where does your self-hatred end ?

:snoop:

@strawberrii @Hybrid() @Inquisitive_ @Omar del Sur @Al Kafi @Life

You really embarass yourself. You have 3 nobel peace prize winners in Islam, 2 for chemistry, 1 for physics. Their from egypt, turkey, pakistan. Your population pool is 1.7 billion. So with that ratio. 1.7 billion / 3 is 566 million. So every 566 million you have 1 inventor.

Whilst the jews own 20% of the nobel peace prize.

Nobel Prizes have been awarded to over 900 individuals, of whom at least 20% were Jews

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates

What is 20% of 900? 180. So 180 Nobel peace prize winners are Jewish. What is the jewish population? 10 million. So every 10 million Jews there is 180 inventors whilsts for every 566 million muslims there is 1 inventor, not even 2 or 3, just 1. Look at that statistic difference, look at that beautiful maths to show how your religion is a failure.

Why is it after 566 million people in your population pool you produce one inventor? while in the 10 million jewish population pool there is 180 inventor. I will sub-divide that 180 inventors over 10 million, and will tell you, what the ratio of 1 jewish inventor so we can compare against Muslim pool. For every 50,000 Jews there is one inventor, yaa. Are u shocked? For every 566 million muslims there is one inventor.

So if you want to picture that in your baboon IQ Somaliyay. For every America and Indonesia Combined population. 300 million plus 250 million population, you will find only 1 inventor. Where-as in every garowe sized town you will find an inventor in the jewish population. It takes the population of America and Indonesia in muslim pool to match just 1 inventor in the jewish pool of garowe. They only need to generate garowe sized population to produce an inventor, where-as muslims need half a billion people to match the jews. Don't u dare tell me you have the right religion with these statistics, it's obvious god is against Islam, your quran is wrong, the statistics don't lie.

I am going to do a Stalin on Somalia, this religion has to go, the numbers are in, it's not healthy to have Islam anymore, you are failing all mathamatical statistics.

@Cilmi-doon is like this right now about Islam

giphy.gif

Last edited:

You really embarass yourself. You have 3 nobel peace prize winners in Islam, 2 for chemistry, 1 for physics. Their from egypt, turkey, pakistan. Your population pool is 1.7 billion. So with that ratio. 1.7 billion / 3 is 566 million. So every 566 million you have 1 inventor.

What is 20% of 900? 180. So 180 Nobel peace prize winners are Jewish. What is the jewish population? 10 million. So every 10 million Jews there is 180 inventors whilsts for every 566 million muslims there is 1 inventor, not even 2 or 3, just 1. Look at that statistic difference, look at that beautiful maths to show how your religion is a failure.

Why is it after 566 million people in your population pool you produce one inventor? while in the 10 million jewish population pool there is 180 inventor. I will sub-divide that 180 inventors over 10 million, and will tell you, what the ratio of 1 jewish inventor so we can compare against Muslim pool. For every 50,000 Jews there is one inventor, yaa. Are u shocked? For every 566 million muslims there is one inventor.

So if you want to picture that in your baboon IQ Somaliyay. For every America and Indonesia Combined population. 300 million plus 250 million population, you will find only 1 inventor. Where-as in every garowe sized town you will find an inventor in the jewish population. It takes the population of America and Indonesia in muslim pool to match just 1 inventor in the jewish pool of garowe. They only need to generate garowe sized population to produce an inventor, where-as muslims need half a billion people to match the jews. Don't u dare tell me you have the right religion with these statistics, it's obvious god is against Islam, your quran is wrong, the statistics don't lie.

I am going to do a Stalin on Somalia, this religion has to go, the numbers are in, it's not healthy to have Islam anymore, you are failing all mathamatical statistics.

Atheism and Agnosticism are nothing new....these arguments have been around since antiquity.
Philosophizing about God, morality and religion are not the domain of Science.
Stop piggyback riding on Scientific advancement. You have no more claim to Science than you have to the Muslim identity.

strawberrii

#ArthurGang

giphy.gif

1) Religion and science aren’t mutually exclusive. You can be a scientist/inventor and still appreciate the teachings of Allah SWT.
2) You’re like “omg the Jews have more Nobel Prizes than us” but how many of these Nobel Prize winners are actually religiously Jewish (as opposed to just ethnically”
3) I wouldn’t say religion is what’s stopping scientific process in the Somali community. It’s more a combination of this culture of not wanting to stand out and be unique and poverty back home. When you’re poor, all you’re thinking about is trying to stay alive. Not inventing something new.

If you don’t like Islam, what do you like?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
1) Religion and science aren’t mutually exclusive. You can be a scientist/inventor and still appreciate the teachings of Allah SWT.
2) You’re like “omg the Jews have more Nobel Prizes than us” but how many of these Nobel Prize winners are actually religiously Jewish (as opposed to just ethnically”
3) I wouldn’t say religion is what’s stopping scientific process in the Somali community. It’s more a combination of this culture of not wanting to stand out and be unique and poverty back home. When you’re poor, all you’re thinking about is trying to stay alive. Not inventing something new.

If you don’t like Islam, what do you like?

@Cilmi-doon @Al Kafi @Omar del Sur

If the issue isn't religion why is there 3 inventors for 1.7 billion muslim population and 180 Inventors for 10 million jewish population. For every 566 million people u produce one inventor. For every 50k population a jewish society produces an inventor. Do u see the statistical difference? Surely religion has a role to play in Somali poverty, all Muslims are poor besides the ones who got lucky with 'oil'. Their also 'stupid' judging by they're nobel peace prize ratio and they're 1.7 billion population pool.

In-fact if you want to match the jewish ratio of inventors Muslims would need to produce an inventor for every 50k population. You would technically need 35,000 nobel peace prize winners to match the 180 Jewish nobel prize winners for they're 10 million population. If jews had a population of 1.7 billion and at that rate of 180 Nobel peace prizes for 10 million people. They would've have produced 35k inventors for 1.7 billion population pool.

These are damn statistics, these are numbers, not opinions or debates. You fail mathamatical tests.

It's time to point the finger where it should be, it's Islam. Islam has caused Somalia poverty and backwardness, it's time to perform a 'stalin' and shut down mosques, ban Islam, and eradicate it from Somali culture, immediately adopt western culture and values and scientific inquiry. This is the only answer.

My personal beliefs are not at question here. I believe in a creator and Islam actually, but ancient Islam when they were 'inventors'. I reject modern day Islam as backwards, the statistics show me, they're Islam is flawed and it needs to be banned immediately. They either need to adopt the golden age Islam when they were inevntors and god streghened them or abadon Islam all together. We cannot remain in this situation any longer following a backward, poor, ignorant version of Islam which has led us to only producing 3 inventors for 1.7 billion people.

Surrender yourself. I am also Nihilist, I do not believe in a god that cares about my worship, fasting, charity or anything about me. I believe in non personal god that minds his own business and isn't concerned with a 'speck' in the universe like me.

Last edited:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You

Bro Somalis are black Africans. We’ll never be able to achieve the level of non-black people’s success but we can do better than we are and slightly increase our IQ by changing our culture and ideology. What ideology and culture do you propose we should subscribe to ?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Bro Somalis are black Africans. We’ll never be able to achieve the level of non-black people’s success but we can do better than we are and slightly increase our IQ by changing our culture and ideology. What ideology and culture do you propose we should subscribe to ?

What do u think of the statistical ratios. You would need to combine 300 million population of the arab world completely, that is 22 states and add Indonesia which is another 250 million to produce one inventor. They only have 3 nobel prizes in hard sciences for a population pool of 1.7 billion. So that's technically 1.7 billion / 3 will tell you, they need 566 million population of humans before an inventor pops up. Surely something is wrong don't u think?

Especially when Jews can produce an inventor for only 50,000 population based of a nobel peace prize ratio of 180 inventors while they're over-all population size is 10 million and most of it's in the hard science also.

I would suggest Somalis adopt Western culture, abadon the arab culture they are attached too or else they're results will be similar or even worse to those ratios. Western culture is about 'exceptionalism'. They emphasise you 'create, produce, never sit down'. They emphasise 'quality control' they want to ensure they're people always produce the best products, services, goods, or knowledge. We need to teach Somalis, to stop talking in cafe, and start working on products, goods, services, and knowledge. We need to emphasise a culture of 'production' not 'talking'. We need to emphasise 'rewards' system for hard work not paying them poorly. We must encourage many western values in my opinion.

But the most important thing is 'scientific inquiry'. All our government, businesses, industries, schooling, hospitals, academia need to be based on 'strict scientific inquiry' and we need to establish 'science' as the system our society operates in. If you can't prove your opinion, we must disregard it.

My last suggestion is we need to be society based on strict systems, structures, processes, procedures like the west. From one small shop to large factories to schooling to hospitals and every aspect of society needs to be structured and planned. We cannot operate lawlessly anymore and chaotic.

Gambar

VIP

There are plenty. I went to school with some.

giphy.gif

If you’re a nihilist as you say and life has no meaning for you........ why do you care so much about material success ?

If Westernization is the panacea to all our problems, look at Black Americans. Black Americans have been in the US for 400 years, they’ve lost all cultural and linguistic links to Africa. The average Black American has 24% European ancestry, yet they don’t meet the benchmark of material progress you keep bringing up.

Trending

Latest posts