Post-show depression

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
You ever get hit by that pang of sadness when you're near the end of a spectacular story?

I'm not far from finishing Dororo (currently a 9/10 for me @Primordial you were right ) the anime and the realisation hit me after I finished an episode that it's going to end in not long. There ain't even a season 2 for me to soften the blow, normally I just pause until I don't care then finish it off in a go but it's too good and I don't want to forget that.

I remembered when I finished Mirai Nikki and Bleach and I had to quit watching anime for some weeks because I felt empty inside. whether it was TV shows, Anime and movies it always sucked when you have to say bye to the characters and story especially when it's immersive. I'm reading the AOT manga and it hit me it's not that far from ending too:kendrickcry:

Except Naruto, I don't know what the f*ck that kaguya arc was. I basically skimmed through it, finished it then rewatched one punch man to get rid of the bad taste. I hope the new revived Bleach don't end up like that.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
I felt the same with Hunter x Hunter/FMA, the trick is to find another anime to get hooked on.

Would recommend Katekyo Hitman Reborn if you want a good adventure shounen

Yukon_Niner

VIP
I felt the same with Hunter x Hunter/FMA, the trick is to find another anime to get hooked on.

Would recommend Katekyo Hitman Reborn if you want a good adventure shounen
I watched Hitman reborn years ago, it was good but no rewatchable good for me.

Honestly it's a hundred times easier with manga. I finished prison school (watch the anime if you haven't it's amazing) all 28 volumes. It sucked for a few days then I found another manga to get myself sucked into.

With anime you have to sort through tonnes of crap before you find anything even better.
I don't care. Still hurts to this day. And that's probably a large part of it.
The sad thing is GOT truly had the potential to be the GOAT. All of that went down the drain.
Yeah I know that feeling, speaking of prison school the ending felt like the authors shit on all the readers but even then the story was fucking amazing.

I watched Hitman reborn years ago, it was good but no rewatchable good for me.

Honestly it's a hundred times easier with manga. I finished prison school (watch the anime if you haven't it's amazing) all 28 volumes. It sucked for a few days then I found another manga to get myself sucked into.

With anime you have to sort through tonnes of crap before you find anything even better.

Yeah I know that feeling, speaking of prison school the ending felt like the authors shit on all the readers but even then the story was fucking amazing.
Prison school was too degenerate for me man. I read the manga and couldn't stop laughing.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Prison school was too degenerate for me man. I read the manga and couldn't stop laughing.
I genuinely couldn't even give a shit that it was basically bordering on hentai. The story and humour was fucking amazing, it was so good even that horrible ending couldn't kill it.

That manga was pure genius at certain points. The author also has another manga about black musician in the American south, apparently it's also extremely good.

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
That's what I felt when I finished watching FMA, it's how you know you witnessed something spectacular

Those last lines will stick with me forever

“A lesson without pain is meaningless. ... Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah… a heart made Fullmetal.”

psyche

To each their own
I actually feel the opposite.

As long as the show has a great ending I feel content for days and like to think about the nuanced details I would of never noticed if I didn't finish it; all the foreshadowing.

Lmao
Mirai Nikki was beautiful :banderas:have you seen the alternate ending?
If you like Dororo, try watching promise never land and vinland saga

That's what I felt when I finished watching FMA, it's how you know you witnessed something spectacular

“A lesson without pain is meaningless. ... Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah… a heart made Fullmetal.”
Fullmetal man, 10 years have passed since I watched.

I can't remember the feeling

Yukon_Niner

VIP

Since I haven't watched FMA which one should I watch @Primordial @Radical Canjeerorism ?

Oooooh if you ever want to read manga read I sold my life for 10000 Yen a year/Ten days of happiness (same manga different name). My throat closed up and I cried a tonne afterwards, I still can't believe they haven't made a movie of it. It's the only manga that's made me genuinely cry.

Link

Trending

Latest posts