Poppy Hysteria!

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
I went to both refugee schools and white schools and nobody cared about it equally. Remembrance Day assembly was for taking naps. When you heard “In Flander’s Field”, it was time to horse around. They tried to force us to wear poppies but we would just stab each other with it

You're a troll.

:childplease:

I went to both refugee schools and white schools and nobody cared about it equally. Remembrance Day assembly was for taking naps. When you heard “In Flander’s Field”, it was time to horse around. They tried to force us to wear poppies but we would just stab each other with it
I remember we went to parliament to sing a remembrance day song. It was a fun day out. Aside from that one remembrance day the rest of them were boring

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
No I promise I’m not. I support the U.S troops, but Canadians are hardly known for their battalions. What are we remembering? We’re insignificant

Looks like you were sleeping in class or had ear phones under your hijab if you know nothing about Canada's military contributions in the 1st and 2nd world war.

:jaynerd:

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
What is a poppy , I thought you was referring, the poppy fields of Afghanistan. Another subject.

You learn something new everyday.

I'll definitely add this to the list of my vocabularies.
Poppy.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
It’s a thing in Commonwealth countries.

In Australia, your career could end for saying anything about the ANZACs. This is despite noted WWI historians having legitimate criticisms.

Since I want to have a good career in policy, I ain’t saying anything.

:drakekidding:
Okay now I kinda understand.

Btw Australia and New Zealand (the Anzac) were involved in the campaign to weaken the Ottomans at Gallipoli , the Entente Powers , Britain, Russia and France.
I know that Australia was a penal colony under the British colony , men forcefully
drafted to fight their masters wars, it doesn't make much sense , they had casualties as a result of that.

The British manipulative and deceptive discarded their allies at the frontline and withdrawn from their objectives.
The way these men died is depressing , mostly from diseases than bullets.

26,000 casualties.

Now I wonder how many casualties of the African King Rifles and Indian colonial soldiers that fought in both world wars were documented these multi battalions have contributed to the Allied Powers and particularly we question what of the Somali men forcibly drafted from the docks of Berbera to fight against the ferocious Imperial Japanese Army in Burma I'm guessing that Black and Brown people were considered dispensable used as a last resort when things got out of the hand.

The Axis Powers were evil but Churchill and Truman weren't saints.

The more you unveil the real history the more you get to dislike these neo colonialists.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
My great grandfathers were forced to fight in these cadaan people’s wars by their own colonizers. They didn’t choose that.

We had to wear a poppy back in school but now that I’m done school I don’t go out of my way, idgaf
So sad to hear that , yes it's true , this is real , Somalis were forcefully drafted to fight another man's war.
I wondered what happened to the Dervish POWs , a large percentage of these men were executed , we do know the definition of exiling someone , colonialists imprisoning them to a faraway island.

I can only imagine what their fate were.

Somalis weren't indentured like many nationalities thanks to their resilience , revolution and fierce resistance we would have been shipped around the world if that was the latteral.

GemState

36/21
VIP
In the UK it's something that's brought up but it's not really that big a deal, never wore a poppy personally

Trending

Latest posts