Poorest country in Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AbdiJohnson the average Somali may make more dollars per year than the average Burundian, but the average Burundian never starves and is able to feed himself. The average Somali cannot feed himself and is dependent upon the market for food. In Burundi average income may be $400 while in Somalia it is $600. But the average Burundian is feeding himself and earning the $400, the average Somalia has to feed himself with those $600.

What is my conclusion? Somalia needs large scale mechanized agriculture.
What is the problem? The capital needed for such an investment is not available in Somalia and must come from the outside.

Dahabshiil and Hortel are sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars. They can easily diversify and do small to large scale agricultural projects and in other sectors too.

The richest Somali lives in Uganda I believe and she has not invested back home. She clearly sees the risk as not worth it (i.e. even property rights can't be guaranteed over there, forever about the violence and the lazy workers).

Workers there are extremely lazy. They will ask you for income and khat upfront before they even start the job. This is why you're seeing Somali Bantus and foreigners in alot of the positions available

Dahabshiil and Hortel are sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars. They can easily diversify and do small to large scale agricultural projects and in other sectors too.

The richest Somali lives in Uganda I believe and she has not invested back home. She clearly sees the risk as not worth it (i.e. even property rights can't be guaranteed over there, forever about the violence and the lazy workers).

Workers there are extremely lazy. They will ask you for income and khat upfront before they even start the job. This is why you're seeing Somali Bantus and foreigners in alot of the positions available
watch this and tell me somalis are lazy. self-hater:kodaksmiley:

@AbdiJohnson the average Somali may make more dollars per year than the average Burundian, but the average Burundian never starves and is able to feed himself. The average Somali cannot feed himself and is dependent upon the market for food. In Burundi average income may be $400 while in Somalia it is $600. But the average Burundian is feeding himself and earning the $400, the average Somalia has to feed himself with those $600.

What is my conclusion? Somalia needs large scale mechanized agriculture.
What is the problem? The capital needed for such an investment is not available in Somalia and must come from the outside.

None of that will happen without secruity and the rule of law, both are lacking.

Anybody who invests in Somalia takes upon himself 100 % self-risk and may fall victim to the local population, who have only known war and can't think long-term and who may use the opportunity to loot some more or be taken advantage of by the millions of militias.

Bohol

VIP
@Baris&Basto I was right. Gadhweyn is another name for Musa
Ismail Lol. There is too many Musa Ismail folks in this site already (at least 3), I was
hoping you would be Sacad Yoonis aka Yonis Ismail.

:camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.