poor ghanaians under attack for selling Dirac

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
I remember some west africans have similar clothes to dirac and baati, caused a huge shitstorm in twitter couple years ago, somalis tried to call it cultural appropiation needless this failed massively.

Are they selling their native clothes or fully blown somali diracs and guntiinos?

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I remember some west africans have similar clothes to dirac and baati, caused a huge shitstorm in twitter couple years ago, somalis tried to call it cultural appropiation needless this failed massively.

Are they selling their native clothes or fully blown somali diracs and guntiinos?
they are diracs. they even #dirac on all their posts.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
they are diracs. they even #dirac on all their posts.
What the hell were they thinking? Im all for calling them out. Its textbook cultural appropiation selling someone else traditional clothes and making money out of it. Only somalis should sell our clothes.

Inshallah no cunsurinimo, just civilised backlash.

People don't understand that giving something/someone they dislike attention can possibly create more revenue for them as it can attract a new customer to them or possibly renewed interest.
Maybe they did this on purpose as they know some of us will give them free advertising by commenting or reposting it.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
What the hell were they thinking? Im all for calling them out. Its textbook cultural appropiation selling someone else traditional clothes and making money out of it. Only somalis should sell our clothes.

Inshallah no cunsurinimo, just civilised backlash.
its only clothes.

People don't understand that giving something/someone they dislike attention can possibly create more revenue for them as it can attract a new customer to them or possibly renewed interest.
Maybe they did this on purpose as they know some of us will give them free advertising by commenting or reposting it.
Our African sisters are more than welcome to sell and wear Dirac in my opinion.. Somalis who are racist towards other Africans should be ashamed of themselves..

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Somalis should be banned from the internet, you don't attack people who appreciate your food or culture.. Nacalaa embarrassing bunch of bush people
tbh after realising they are selling dirac without somalis, i dont agree with them. they are profiting off of somali culture while not being somali. if youre not part of an ethnic group why sell their clothing.

tbh after realising they are selling dirac without somalis, i dont agree with them. they are profiting off of somali culture while not being somali. if youre not part of an ethnic group why sell their clothing.
Where are they selling the clothes? I don't mind if they're selling it or not the market is big enough for everyone..

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Where are they selling the clothes? I don't mind if they're selling it or not the market is big enough for everyone..
they are promoting on tiktok and instagram and are planning to move to a website soon. i dont think its okay to profit off ones culture while not being part of that culture. why do that. sell your own clothes

Trending