poor ghanaians under attack for selling Dirac

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
theyre just clothes so who cares
they are promoting on tiktok and instagram and are planning to move to a website soon. i dont think its okay to profit off ones culture while not being part of that culture. why do that. sell your own clothes
angry jr smith GIF

they are promoting on tiktok and instagram and are planning to move to a website soon. i dont think its okay to profit off ones culture while not being part of that culture. why do that. sell your own clothes
I don't think Somalis have a monopoly on who sells dirac.. The fabric the dirac is made off is not even Somali in origin.

alien

πŸ“outer space
VIP
I don't think Somalis have a monopoly on who sells dirac.. The fabric the dirac is made off is not even Somali in origin.
who cares. dirac is the dress not the fabric. dirac is somali culture so why should non somalis profit off of somali clothes?

alien

πŸ“outer space
VIP
Yemeni women also wear dirac :samwelcome:
and? its from somalis. majority of the stores are run by somalis. only aden/southern yemenis wear it cause of the somali communities there. they have no claim to it and can not say that it originated from them

zackattack

Cowabunga
I guarantee you if Somalis start selling Ghanaian clothes a lot west Africans would be made especially those UK ones .

Do you know some Jamaicans were mad at Pakistanis making beef patties halal ones In Toronto .

People get mad if they other people making money of their culture whether it be good or clothing . A funny SCENE from the sopranos is a couple characters were mad that everyone makes money off pizza now it's no longer a Italian thing in America , Infact the pizza here in Toronto is a Somali joint called Somali pizza .

zackattack

Cowabunga
Our African sisters are more than welcome to sell and wear Dirac in my opinion.. Somalis who are racist towards other Africans should be ashamed of themselves..

As if they like us bro wake the f*ck up your a skinny to them they don't like you . I been to London and every madow West African makes fun of your forehead and make jokes about your women STOP IT stop sending love to people who don't like you .

Yes be kind to the ones who are good but so many of them be hating on a Somali.

Also I'm going to start selling jollof rice and I will get backlash .

Last edited:

zackattack

Cowabunga
Dirac is imported from India and Pakistan to Somalia. How can you claim something that you don't even made? I honestly think it is the 68 IQ in action.
So you believe somalis are mentally slow since you love to use 68 IQ , so talking points of racist whites is your thing I smell an ajanab who uses only toilet paper after pooping .

Dirac is imported from India and Pakistan to Somalia. How can you claim something that you don't even made? I honestly think it is the 68 IQ in action.

LOL

No it's not! The material is imported, as in the RAW MATERIALS, are imported but Somali businesswomen design it and get it sewn into certain styles.
The Dirac is a Somali made dress, same as Alindi which was also sold to different countries and today claimed by Comorrians, Ugandans and all sorts.

What I find bizarre is Somali males being overly defensive over an issue that is not personal to them. You don't wear Somali female attire, you have no emotional or cultural bond to it the same way us women do, we have the right to decide what offends us pertaining our clothing.

Focus on what concerns you as a male Somali; fixing your homeland and defending it from foreign males, start there.

*Nobody cares when a foreign woman wears the dirac to a Somali wedding or even for fun, but these Madow business ladies are trying to profit off our cultural garments and repackage it as "Modest Fashion", that's what's problematic.

Last edited:
As if they like us bro wake the f*ck up your a skinny to them they don't like you . I been to London and every madow West African makes fun of your forehead and make jokes about your women STOP IT stop sending love to people who don't like you .

Yes be kind to the ones who are good but so many of them be hating on a Somali.

Also I'm going to start selling jollof rice and I will get backlash .
I'm proud of my forehead bro, I'm not sensitive like that.. There's plenty of things I can make fun of on their appearance if it comes to that πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race
I think theyre j.reerweyne. Still looks hedious on them. As for you somali males try for ones competing with MEN, like white men, chinese men, South korean men, Japanese men. Men who actually built and are competing with each other.

Our African sisters are more than welcome to sell and wear Dirac in my opinion.. Somalis who are racist towards other Africans should be ashamed of themselves..
Yeah but this has has nothing to do with racism. It’s not about not wanting to become mainstream either. Maybe people don’t want others to steal what’s theirs and make more profit from it.

Yeah but this has has nothing to do with racism. It’s not about not wanting to become mainstream either. Maybe people don’t want others to steal what’s theirs and make more profit from it.
Should Somalis stop selling and wearing macawis since it is Indian/South Asian in origin? How about the khamis?

Trending