• Arabic name

Votes: 50 71.4%
  • random other language name

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
dude you are clearly way older than me. you can't tell me to be mature when you're still replying to me. uncivility because of down votes. only 2. not liking a post means to down vote. what else should I do. not down vote. this isn't even about that KH post. I forgot about that post but clearly you are hung up on that post for some reason. I will be petty if I want. I am not your walaal. I don't need you calling me your walaal when you are arguing with me

Don't gaslight me, man. You were never aggressive, rude, petty or anything toward me until after that thread nor did you ever downvote. All I've been asking is for you to stop being childish and just move past that. I don't mind or care if you lied about having sources or whatever. It's fine. We're cool in my book. What's your problem? Why all this aggression? And my point has also been that from the start of this little exchange you've constantly been misinterpreting what I'm saying, like seeing a question as an accusation or jumping on my original post like that, because you are clearly not capable of acting rationally and civil when dealing with me and why is that if not that thread?

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Don't gaslight me, man. You were never aggressive, rude, petty or anything toward me until after that thread nor did you ever downvote. And I've been asking is for you to stop being childish and just move past that. I don't mind or care if you lied about having sources or whatever. It's fine. We're cool in my book. What's your problem? Why all this aggression? And my point has also been that from the start of this little exchange you've constantly been misinterpreting what I'm saying, like seeing a question as an accusation, because you are clearly not capable of acting rationally and civil when dealing with me and why is that if not that thread?
I have not even replied to you at all after the KH thread until this thread. when. the first down vote was me not liking being called crass and classless. the second one was me not liking your post. what is uncivil and not rational about downvoting someone. I've told you in two posts to be mature and just stop replying since I'm being childish. I don't care if your cool or not, don't type random stuff that doesn't relate to my thread. I will be aggressive, rude and petty to whoever, and currently you are one of the whoevers

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I have not even replied to you at all after the KH thread. when. the first down vote was me not liking being called crass and classless. the second one was me not liking your post. what is uncivil and not rational about downvoting someone. I've told you in two posts to be mature and just stop replying since I'm being childish. I don't care if your cool or not, don't type random stuff that doesn't relate to my thread. I will be aggressive, rude and petty to whoever, and currently you are one of the whoevers

It does relate to your thread. Your thread is about Somali names and I was pointing out that these are not simply Arabic names but religious names normally. Is there something wrong with just throwing that tidbit in? Especially since I got the impression that you had an issue with these types of names? I'll post wherever I want, saxiib. And your post there was crass. Using some emaciated dude as a joke. Sorry if that triggered you to read.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
It does relate to your thread. Your thread is about Somali names and I was pointing out that these are not simply Arabic names but religious names normally. Is there something with just throwing that tidbit in? Especially since I got the impression that you had an issue with these types of names? I'll post wherever I want, saxiib. And your post there was crass. Using some emaciated dude as a joke. Sorry if that triggered you to read.
i told you, this thread is about percentage of somali people who have somali or arabic names. not about islamic names or arabisation. this thread doesn't care about that. I have not had anything against you until this thread. don't tell me to be mature when you are still not giving this up. since you won't be mature, after this post, I will not reply to you again in this thread, and I expect the same from you. I do not need to argue over something this pointless.

Last edited:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
i told you, this thread is about percentage of somali people who have somali or arabic names. not about islamic names or arabisation. this thread doesn't care about that. I have not had anything against you until this thread. don't tell me to be mature when you are still not giving this up. after this post, I will not reply to you again in this thread. I do not need to argue over something this pointless.

God bless.

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
What is your name

ps: Somalised Arabic names are considered Arabic names in this poll
My name is used by (very few)arabs. They base it from the Quran. And it has a different meaning then the Somali one. It's used daily in somali conversations. Is my name somali then? It would be weird if it was Arabic because it has a different meaning.

TLDR my name is used by arabs but has a different meaning. Plus it's used daily in the Somali language.

Is it somali?(ps I ain't telling my name)
:damedamn:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
My name is used by (very few)arabs. They base it from the Quran. And it has a different meaning then the Somali one. It's used daily in somali conversations. Is my name somali then? It would be weird if it was Arabic because it has a different meaning.

TLDR my name is used by arabs but has a different meaning. Plus it's used daily in the Somali language.

Is it somali?(ps I ain't telling my name)
:damedamn:
just say it's somali at that point. it's not something like Abdi
:kanyeshrug:

Both my Tuareg and Somali family originally had Arabic surnames. My dad told me that Arabs are our kin . It’s kinda convoluted

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
What is your name

ps: Somalised Arabic names are considered Arabic names in this poll
Can you update this list sxb? It's filled with Arab names.

:deadrose:

Trending

Latest posts