PM Kheyre 100 Day Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I really like Kheyre, this is by far the best prime minister we ever had!!! I honestly think he will be the next president!!! infact it appears the PM has full reign over his duties!!! the president only gets involved if there is a clash which is how it should be!!! The president duty is to lay down his vision what he expects within 4 years in key areas. He should have a dream while realizing the capacity he has and turning that into a realistic program.

It is the PM who implements the program by bringing in the team and it should be the team(ministries) who turn the vision/program into action by utilizing their allocated funds and creating the necessary teams(human capacity, skilled workers) designing the processes(policies, legislations,etc) and injecting resources needed (technology, infrastructure, materials, business investment, equipment) depends on their ministry the resources they will target!!!

Last edited:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
I really like Kheyre, this is by far the best prime minister we ever had!!! I honestly think he will be the next president!!! infact it appears the PM has full reign over his duties!!! the president only gets involved if there is a clash which is how it should be!!!
I'm not as educated in Somali politics but weren't Egal and other pre 1969 prime ministers good aswell? Or do you mean post 1991?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What I like about Kheyre is he is creating an environment of accountability, if you don't fulfill your tasks, you will be held accountable for it!!! this never existed before this admin. Ministers had no reason to perform and the minister who did perform would feel what is the point since other ministers still have jobs and are not delivering. He eliminated this by saying 'listen if you can't deliver this set of results within this required timeframe, your out the door. There is no point wasting money on a dead minister and killing the morale of the other ministries performing their duties. Imagine you are on a boat, the captain sets the direction and where he wants the boat to be in a few years, the pm says ok thank you for the direction, and gathers a team on the boat(ministers) who then recruit the staff doing the labor of the boat. It's the prime minister who has to ensure the staff on the boat are doing their tasks to reach the destination and hold them accountable!!! infact it is the prime minister that should decide what obstacles maybe in the way like weather, route, capacity, etc. All the implementation is really up to him!!! But if the team below him are useless so will the prime minister and the president vision never gets realized!!!

What is hurting somalia the most is political instability. It's like the boat, they keep changing ministers and prime minister and nothing is ever achieved. A new pm comes with new implementation strategy and scraps the previous one. A new minister comes and scraps the previous minister tasks. It's a constant recycle back to square one. Somalia needs political stability. Infact they should never change the laborers especially the lower end staff because these ppl have experience, if u keep getting new people you lack experience in the ministries and they have to relearn constantly. Thats why the govt is always complaining about lack of staff capacity, alot of it is their fault because they don't keep the staff on after a new minister comes, what do you expect!!! Lower end staff should not be effected by political change, they should always serve the govt regardless who it is. The lower end staff have a fixed duty and tasks, it's not a political role and should not be impacted by political changes.

I say the president-pm-ministers-directors-staff have strict relationship of accountability. If one doesn't full-fill it's task, they should accept they will be held accountable. No-one should feel safe they have a job if they are not performing!!! They should all be worried and striving to perform or else fear the consequences. We have a society where we have no consequences for our work and this is terrible!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.