PM Hamza Barre says federal government ready for dialogue to solve constitution row

Dowlada puntland Indhinla hadli mayso ila dasturka madaweynihi hore Hassan sheikh kashinka lagu turo. Ila marka, wa maca salama.

Radical honesty time.

If it was Farmaajo making this constitution, you and all the other N&N fans, would be cheering it on. We all know Farmaajo was trying to scale back federalism during his tenure, I didn't see any of you revolt against it. In reality, the only group who really wants federalism is Puntland, so, it's best if Puntland ignores ALL OF YOU, and exits this dystopian nightmare called 'Somalia'.

I also have a solution for you Centralists, to ease you into a post-Puntland exit Somalia.
Let Damul Jadiid & N&N comprise the two-party system, and then take turns running the country into the ground.

Radical honesty time.

If it was Farmaajo making this constitution, you and all the other N&N fans, would be cheering it on. We all know Farmaajo was trying to scale back federalism during his tenure, I didn't see any of you revolt against it. In reality, the only group who really wants federalism is Puntland, so, it's best if Puntland ignores ALL OF YOU, and exits this dystopian nightmare called 'Somalia'.

I also have a solution for you Centralists, to ease you into a post-Puntland exit Somalia.
Let Damul Jadiid & N&N comprise the two-party system, and then take turns running the country into the ground.

Just secede.

Puntlanders think being hysterical will get them concessions. World don't work like that.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
To this day I am confused on what exactly PL is opposing and what are their solutions for fixing it the constitution. Somalia is a federal country, there won’t ever be a central government again.

To this day I am confused on what exactly PL is opposing and what are their solutions for fixing it the constitution. Somalia is a federal country, there won’t ever be a central government again.

This constitution is a massive power grab by the central government. If it's followed it will mean Puntland is effectively managed from Mogadishu, next to zero autonomy.

Puntland is hoping to have the constitution reworked at a later date by a new president who is friendly to Puntland's interests. The problem with that is when would a central government ever give up powers it has inherited? It's game over.

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo

I was watching this international news outlet talking about the constitutional changes and how illogical Puntlands demands are. "If you do not go to the buffet after being invited, do not complain that you have been starved." LMAOO they spitting:russ:

There are too many existential crises going on in Somalia, and making the constitution the one you want to fix seems like a very odd move once it seemed that people have dug their heels in the sand. I think maintaining harmony in a fragile state as Somalia is paramount.

Personally, the constitution and all the agreements and documents signed in the last few decades have all been done by people selected by either international powers or tribal political selection. The constitution would gain a lot more legitimacy if it were finished under a democratically elected government.

On the other hand I can understand the need for it to be completed fully, in case you burden future generations with your incomplete constitution and make temporary solutions, permanent.

I honestly believe that once Farmajo joined the opposition against the constitution, which had some legitimate concerns especially about the proposed VP/PM changes, it lost a bit of credibility. Farmajo is way more of a centralist than even HSM, so people felt like this was just tribal politics bickering.

The constitutional additions aren't really as shocking as people make them out to be, especially after the revised version. I think the opposition failed to properly communicate: A. What articles they specifically find egregious. B. Putting forward their own ideas to solve the problems those articles aim to address.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Radical honesty time.

honesty time here aswell

If Hassan proves that he’s doing real 1m1v and will change the constitution whichever way PL sees fit (which he hasn’t done a good job of showing by dissolving the council of 1m1v in 2022) Or even go back to 2012 constitution. then puntland are nothing but a bunch of spoilers that need to be punished by IC in some way for not participating.

if it was farmaajo doing this, who has 0 clan loyalty and can be trusted with somalia’s assets according to world bank, the same world bank who commended his government on all of his efforts regarding no corruption, systematic auditing, and punctuality. I’d trust him with the constitution but that’s just me. (If you check the world bank site, there’s been no update since 2022 because current gov can’t even do the things I mentioned)

You just want independence for PL which your right, I would be against during farmaajo, but rn it’s not about centralism, but Puntland losing its resources to fill the pockets of politicians in xamar with corrupt auditor to allow it.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Deni was invited multiple times since the beginning of 2023 this is not a new policy. He has refused to partake in the process, and will most likely refuse this time as well. I'm sure FGS will welcome him if he changes heart. The constitution will be finished either way.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Somalia doesn't need another centralist government, there needs to be parity between the cheques and balances, and restrictions set by the congressional body that oversights the President.

Somalia doesn't need another centralist government, there needs to be parity between the cheques and balances, and restrictions set by the congressional body that oversights the President.
This is the wholeheartedly the best thing for our nation. A military court for our armed forces to dissociate them from politics too. They always get politicized.

NidarNidar

Punisher
This is the wholeheartedly the best thing for our nation. A military court for our armed forces to dissociate them from politics too. They always get politicized.
The Armed Forces Chief should always be the President, but would need congressional oversight for deployment/armed conflicts etc... nepotism is something that should be greatly punished and sadly it's being overlooked now.

Marwo Hamza- Yaaba wax ku wadiinayo!

Walee USC Leader Hassan dameer - ninkaa Hamza marwo Pin- code ayuu ku xirtey.

reerka Ogaden ninkaa Jinni USC ku jira waa iney ka saaraan.

Deni was invited multiple times since the beginning of 2023 this is not a new policy. He has refused to partake in the process, and will most likely refuse this time as well. I'm sure FGS will welcome him if he changes heart. The constitution will be finished either way.
Puntland doesn't own the constitution, it belongs to every Somalia including Somaliland. Tell me where is the checks and balances in this new addition to the constitution ? We saw how the legislative branch completely bribed and judicial branch is non existent. Even the executive branch is compromised as the PM position is now ceremonial. It leaves Puntland the de-facto protector of the constitution.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Puntland doesn't own the constitution, it belongs to every Somalia including Somaliland. Tell me where is the checks and balances in this new addition to the constitution ? We saw how the legislative branch completely bribed and judicial branch is non existent. Even the executive branch is compromised as the PM position is now ceremonial. It leaves Puntland the de-facto protector of the constitution.
SL leaders were invited to give their insight on these matters, they refused and said they don't recognise the FGS. Similar invitation was extended to PL, which they also refused, and have now said they don't recognise the FGS. Should we keep wasting our wealth on a 4.5 NGO front that is corrupt to the core until youmul Akhira?

The NCC meetings were held(Deni refused to partake) and FGS negotiated a comprehensive framework with the FMS leaders. The federal representatives of every FMS (MPs of the both houses) were present and represented their constituencies throughout the process.

Also I would like you all to note, PL is not making an argument against a specific clause like the good posters here are, but making a demand that this whole process should be scrapped and status quo upheld until they say otherwise. Instead of berating Deni for leaving your "concerns" unrepresented you are blaming the FGS for doing its job.

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Marxum hamze barre allah kuma naxaristo
IMG_6830.jpeg

World

VIP
For starters, the constitution says that an election body based in Xamar will fully control Puntland's parliamentary elections.

Also the fact that the PM has no power and can be selected/removed by the President with no checks and balances.

HSM wants the power to rig elections in Puntland from Xamar and the freedom to become a dictator without any power able to stop him.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts