PLers Come In

Status
Not open for further replies.
People come for SLers for their stupid name but why is PL ignored?

Do you know how odd and somewhat pathetic it is to name your land after a land whose exact location is still in dispute? Even if the land were located in modern day Somalia it would also be located in Eritrea, Djibouti, and other areas of northern Somalia yet no one else has decided to name their land after land we all have no recollection of. It speaks to a lack of pride in your own KNOWN history. It's worse than the we wuz kangs people yall like to insult. It's weird as hell.

I was triggered by this video and this man using Puntland naming itself after the land of Punt as one justification for why the land is located in Somalia.

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...knowledges-somalia-as-the-land-of-punt.58822/

Also Ethiopia and Eritrea are Greek words which is weird too...

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Its short for Potatoland, we grow alot of potatoes out here

qanda_cooperatives_home.jpg

16557833642_736acda1c8_b.jpg

It's a corny name, but much better than Somaliland. Idc, we wuz kangs and inventing your own history is fine as long as you put the work in and convince others

Apollo

VIP
Lots of countries are named after historical places/peoples that weren't exactly in their own country.

Historical Ghana was not in Ghana (further North).
Historical Ethiopia was not in Ethiopia (it was the Sahel)
Historical Mauritania was not in Mauritania (it was Morocco).
Historical Macedonia was not fully in current-day Macedonia (it was mostly Northern Greece).
Turks have little to do with the real Turkic peoples who came from Mongolia. Most of their heritage is native Anatolian.
France is named after Germanics even though most of France is of Italo-Celtic origin.
Russia is named after Swedish Vikings even though they are Slavic and East Asian.
Iran is named after the Aryans from Ukraine/Russia, but most of the ancestry in Iran is pre-IE native Middle Eastern.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lots of countries are named after historical places/peoples that weren't exactly in their own country.

Historical Ghana was not in Ghana (further North).
Historical Ethiopia was not in Ethiopia (it was the Sahel)
Historical Mauritania was not in Mauritania (it was Morocco).
Historical Macedonia was not fully in current-day Macedonia (it was mostly Northern Greece).
Turks have little to do with the real Turkic peoples who came from Mongolia. Most of their heritage is native Anatolian.
France is named after Germanics even though most of France is of Italo-Celtic origin.
Russia is named after Swedish Vikings even though they are Slavic and East Asian.
Iran is named after the Aryans from Ukraine/Russia, but most of the ancestry in Iran is pre-IE native Middle Eastern.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well that's awkward but Somalis are my people and it's personal for me. We have our own history.
*I wasn't aware of the Turkish thing I thought they just diluted their blood because of conquest and slavery.

It's a corny name, but much better than Somaliland. Idc, we wuz kangs and inventing your own history is fine as long as you put the work in and convince others
Somali - Land which is what it is is better to me than Puntland.

halwa

✨🌙
At least Puntland isn’t named after the one country it’s trying to get independence from. :gnzbryw: Whoever came up with Puntland is a legend and deserves a medal for it.

:qri8gs7:

Tukraq

VIP
A creative name, it doesn’t have to literally be originally there:farmajoyaab: cabool Missouri probably has zero people to have ever came from Afghanistan or Lahore Virginia having anything to do with Pakistan :noneck: it’s just about having a good interesting name:siilaanyosmile:somaliland though was dumb because they want secession :faysalwtf:
But their name is saying otherwise literally claiming the land belongs to somalia:ileycry:

At least Puntland isn’t named after the one country it’s trying to get independence from. :gnzbryw: Whoever came up with Puntland is a legend and deserves a medal for it.

:qri8gs7:
A creative name, it doesn’t have to literally be originally there:farmajoyaab: cabool Missouri probably has zero people to have ever came from Afghanistan or Lahore Virginia having anything to do with Pakistan :noneck: it’s just about having a good interesting name:siilaanyosmile:somaliland though was dumb because they want secession :faysalwtf:
But their name is saying otherwise literally claiming the land belongs to somalia:ileycry:
Or to Somali people which it does. It may not be the smartest name but it is technically true. The people who chose PL probably think we're the orginal PLers. The jury is still out on that.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
You're such a sheegato, I knew not to trust you the first time you claimed Puntland.

Sorry sweetheart I may be MJ but I am Somali first, and want a unified Federal Somaliweeyne.

Let the cuqdaad of qabiil die with the old dagaax head elders who are currently paying to lower the jail sentences of gang rapists.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Sorry sweetheart I may be MJ but I am Somali first, and want a unified Federal Somaliweeyne.

Let the cuqdaad of qabiil die with the old dagaax head elders who are currently paying to lower the jail sentences of gang rapists.
No MJ says what you just spewed.

Muslim first
MJ next

Qashiin baa tahay. Haa naa sheeganiin.

#Qabilite4lyfe

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
No MJ says what you just spewed.

Muslim first
MJ next

Qashiin baa tahay. Haa naa sheeganiin.

#Qabilite4lyfe

Maxaa sheega then?

Am I worse than the gaalo MJs like that qumaayo Ayaan or the iskoronyo with that Bantu Elba?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Puntland is the right name. Most people still practise the ancient puntite tradition of collecting frankincense. That's why they named it after Puntland. They analyzed Northern Somalia, Eritrea, Ethiopia and those areas do not practise this unique tradition that is only practised in Puntland.

Hence this keeps Puntland unique in the region. For example my sub clan bah dubays is known as boohaaro in puntland, you know what that means? Boohaarku is frankincense, tradition says that one of clans-men used to climb trees and collect frankincense and he was so famous for it, they named him after it and now our whole clan is known as 'boohaaro' in Puntland. Where in Somalia are clans named after frankincense? nowhere but Puntland.

The key identifying feature of the land of punt is frankincense. So the heart of Punt was Bari. Was their other areas that were considered apart of the puntite kingdom, maybe their was but it wasn't the REAL PUNT, because the real punt is where-ever frankincense is.

No-one has the right to be named Puntland except reer puntland. If you can show me where in Northern Somalia they still do frankincense tradition, I will shut up but you won't be able too. Not even in Sanaag do they collect frankincense. It's a pure 'reer bari' tradition.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Maxaa sheega then?

Am I worse than the gaalo MJs like that qumaayo Ayaan or the iskoronyo with that Bantu Elba?

A sheegato who’s bad at claiming. If you’re going to claim us, do it right. Nacala qawaatka kuyaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts