Pig heart transplanted into human

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
look, this was something new that haven't been done on this level, they even told him that this is "literally" an experiment, and asked for his approval, no one of these on the waiting list want to be an experiment buddy.

I'm sure many would want to since they know they had no chance of getting a transplant. He should have died.

first before even entering this, as an arabic speaker i have to say that all the heart mentions in the quran are metaphors.

So what you think that the 40 hadith are referring to is not the physical heart but the center of our emotions, thinking and human personality, not the heart itself.

I know a bit of Arabic myself- I don't know off the top of my head how to write "heart" in Arabic.... but knowing how to write and say the word for "heart" in Arabic give doesn't somehow give you some special authority to know that the Quran and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) were being metaphorical. Just you saying you know Arabic... doesn't really mean anything in the context. That's the first thing.

Second thing is why did you post from a Shia source (which btw you didn't cite... maybe because you didn't want to reveal you were citing a Shia source)?

If you're really some sort of authority on Islam, you shouldn't be posting from an English-language Shia source on Islam.

"All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad, sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and Messenger.

This issue is related to the scholarly difference of opinion as to whether the intellect (mind/reason) is in the heart or the brain. The preponderant view is that the intellect is in the heart; Allah, The Exalted, says (what means): {So, have they not traveled through the earth and have hearts by which to reason and ears by which to hear? For indeed, it is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts which are within the breasts.} [Quran 22:46] The phrases "hearts by which to reason" and "blinded are the hearts which are within the breasts" indicate that the heart is the center of intelligence, not the brain.

It is said that the brain is the deputy of the heart, and the intellect is connected to it, as underlined by Al-‘Ayni
 may  Allaah  have  mercy  upon  him
in his commentary on the ahaadeeth in Saheeh Al-Bukhari, as he wrote, "The statement 'my heart preserved it' indicates that the intellect is in the heart, not the brain. This is the view held by the majority of the scholars. If the intellect was in the brain, he would have said, 'my head preserved it.' There is a third opinion in this regard which says that both of them (heart and brain) share the intellect." ['Umdat Al-Qaari Sharh Saheeh Al-Bukhari, 2/144]

The Fatwa of the Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fataawa reads:

"The source of reason and intelligence is the heart, and it has a connection with the brain, as has been underlined by the researching scholars. In fact, the authentic texts do not contradict sound reason; if there is a seeming contradiction, then one of them is defective (i.e. either the reason is wrong or the religious texts are inauthentic). In addition, all the information underlined in the religious texts conform to reason; so it is an obligation to give precedence to religious texts over reason because the authentic texts are infallible, whereas reason is deficient and not infallible."

For more benefit, please refer to fatwa 28023."

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I know a bit of Arabic myself- I don't know off the top of my head how to write "heart" in Arabic.... but knowing how to write and say the word for "heart" in Arabic give doesn't somehow give you some special authority to know that the Quran and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) were being metaphorical. Just you saying you know Arabic... doesn't really mean anything in the context. That's the first thing.

Second thing is why did you post from a Shia source (which btw you didn't cite... maybe because you didn't want to reveal you were citing a Shia source)?

If you're really some sort of authority on Islam, you shouldn't be posting from an English-language Shia source on Islam.
Sweet heart that what the scholars said like Ibn Qaiym and Ibn taymiyyah, not me, beside that I took a salafi wahabist source first saying the same thing, why you maneuvering?

Here is the salafi source that says the same thing, you litttle arabic, don't you?
https://www.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/344320

beside that Qalb and Fuad in arabic can be used in a metaphoric and literal meanings, it is a common knowledge. I'm not saying I have authority on Islam, but Quran is in Arabic thus it is bond to its linguistic rules.

Sweet heart that what the scholars said like Ibn Qaiym and Ibn taymiyyah, not me, beside that I took a salafi wahabist source first saying the same thing, why you maneuvering?

Here is the salafi source that says the same thing, you litttle arabic, don't you?
https://www.islamweb.net/ar/fatwa/344320

beside that Qalb and Fuad in arabic can be used in a metaphoric and literal meanings, it is a common knowledge. I'm not saying I have authority on Islam, but Quran is in Arabic thus it is bond to its linguistic rules.

I have no idea why you cite that fatwa like it proves your view.

"The second meaning: it is a divine, spiritual gentleness that has a attachment to this physical heart" "Ibn Taymiyyah said : What a person knows of right and wrong, he rises with his heart and settles with his spirit breathed into it connected to the heart, which is the coniferous embryo." (obviously referring to the physical heart)

"Ibn al-Qayyim said : The heart has two meanings: one: a sensory matter, which is a fleshy, pineal-shaped organ deposited on the left side of the chest, with a cavity inside and black blood in the cavity, which is the source of the soul. The second: a spiritual matter, which is a divine, merciful, spiritual kindness that has attachment and specialization to this organ, and that kindness is the reality of humanity"

okay... so Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Al-Qayyim believed there is a spiritual aspect to the heart which is connected to the physical heart.... and as the fatwa I cited previously showed, the scholars believe: "The source of reason and intelligence is the heart". you say you know Arabic. the scholars know Arabic too.

The truth of the heart in the legal term​

Fatwa Number: 344320

• Publication date: Sunday, 17 Rabi’ al-Akhir 1438 AH - 1/15/2017 CE
  • Evaluation:
10105 0 317

the question​

We know that the heart is a pump of blood, so what is the heart that hardens and softens and that has piety? And where is it located?

answer​

Praise be to God, and prayers and peace be upon the Messenger of God and his family and companions, as for what follows:
The heart, which is the locus of truth and falsehood, piety and disobedience, faith and infidelity, leniency and cruelty and other meanings, is not the tangible embryo itself, but rather it is a spiritual matter - expressed by many scholars as a divine and spiritual gentleness - that has to do with the heart that is a piece of flesh, and this Attachment to what is known only to God Almighty.
Al - Ghazali said : The word qalb has two meanings:
One of them is the pineal flesh deposited on the left side of the chest, and it is a specific meat with a cavity inside and in that cavity there is black blood, which is the source of the soul and its mineral. Rather, it exists for the dead, and if we use the term heart in this book, we do not mean that by it, because it is a piece of meat that has no measure, and it is from the realm of kingship and testimony, as beasts perceive it with the sense of sight as well as humans.
The second meaning: it is a divine, spiritual gentleness that has a attachment to this physical heart, and that sweetness is the reality of man, and he is the perceptive, the knowing, the knowing of man, and he is the addressee, punisher, reproach and demands, and it has a relationship with the physical heart. The attachment of symptoms to bodies and descriptions to descriptions, or the attachment of the user of the machine to the machine, or the attachment of the able to the place, and the explanation of that is what we want, because its realization calls for revealing the secret of the soul, and that is what the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, did not speak about, so no one else has the right to speak about it . Ah, in short, from the revival of religious sciences.
Ibn Taymiyyah said : What a person knows of right and wrong, he rises with his heart and settles with his spirit breathed into it connected to the heart, which is the coniferous embryo. It is the one whose first place is expressed in the heart, and the philosophers call it the speaking soul, and it is the carrier of all beliefs. It enlightens the hearts and souls of the believers with divine knowledge, and darkens the hearts of the unbelievers with corrupt beliefs, just as God struck the example of the believer and the unbeliever in Surat Al-Nur .
Ibn al-Qayyim said : The heart has two meanings: one: a sensory matter, which is a fleshy, pineal-shaped organ deposited on the left side of the chest, with a cavity inside and black blood in the cavity, which is the source of the soul. The second: a spiritual matter, which is a divine, merciful, spiritual kindness that has attachment and specialization to this organ, and that kindness is the reality of humanity . Ah.
And in the book “The Purposes of the Persons” by Dr. Omar Al-Ashqar : The Book of God attributes reason, jurisprudence, faith, deviation and so on to the heart, as the Almighty said: Have they not traveled on the earth, so that they have hearts with which to reason? Faith - and he said: So when they perverted, God perverted their hearts - and the heart that God Almighty meant in these verses is located in the chest. Small in the shape of a pine, God Almighty created it in the human body and made it a place of knowledge, so the servant counts with it what he cannot contain in travels. Al-Qurtubi also mentions: The heart was originally a source. I turned a thing over to the heart, if I repeated it to its beginning, and turned the vessel, I turned it on its face. Then he transferred this word and called it this organ, which is the most honorable animal, because of the rapidity of thoughts to it, and its repetition of it, as it was said: The heart is not called the heart. However, many scholars believe that the heart concerned in the Qur’anic verses is: Godly grace, with this bodily pineal-shaped heart deposited on the left side of the chest she attaches, and that sweetness is the reality of man, and he calls it The wise, the speaking soul, the inner soul, and on this; The heart is the soul or the soul, and it is attested to this that the research conducted on hearts by researchers in the modern era indicated that the physical heart is nothing but a piece of meat, and we believe in God that the heart is the place of reason and jurisprudence, except that what is meant by it is that kindness related to the heart . Ah."

and I have no idea why you are lying and saying you took from a Salafi source... that first bit that you had posted came from a Shia source

I took a salafi wahabist source first saying the same thing, why you maneuvering?

I don't know why you are lying.

ShiaSource.jpg

"There is a possibility that because “Qalb” or “heart” plays a central role in the body in supplying blood which carries oxygen to even the brain which itself controls our body and acts as the command centre, due to the centrality of its role, it is possible that the Quran and also the Ahadith refer to the heart due to this meaning whereby everything in ourselves somehow depends on it.

This is probably why the meaning of “Qalb” or “heart” is borrowed from its literal meaning and used for a series of other related meanings which has the theme of centrality and dependency on it."

this is from a group called "AHLUL BAIT FOUNDATION OF SOUTH AFRICA".

what kind of Salafi group calls itself that? they even make it clear on their website that they are Shia. so first you use a Shia source (without saying where the material came from), then you lie about it.

"AHLUL BAIT (AS) FOUNDATION OF SOUTH AFRICA – AFOSA
This thirst had grown and there were requests for a Shi’a ‘Alim to come and lay a solid foundation of Shi’aism. This request was met, and a Shi’a Alim (Syed Aftab Haider) came to settle in South Africa for this speical purpose in 1990. Initially, Syed Aftab Haider started a branch of the International Centre for Islamic Studies (Southern Africa) in Cape Town. This gradually in itself served to bring together various scattered Shi’a groupings throughout the country under one umbrella, the Ahlul Bait (AS) Foundation of South Africa (AFOSA)."

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
You got the scholars saying it could mean other thing than the actual physical heart like Ibn taymiyyah and Ibn Qayim

and you have the meanings from the dic.
1642094585411.png
1642094605444.png

I have no idea why you cite that fatwa like it proves your view.

"The second meaning: it is a divine, spiritual gentleness that has a attachment to this physical heart" "Ibn Taymiyyah said : What a person knows of right and wrong, he rises with his heart and settles with his spirit breathed into it connected to the heart, which is the coniferous embryo." (obviously referring to the physical heart)

"Ibn al-Qayyim said : The heart has two meanings: one: a sensory matter, which is a fleshy, pineal-shaped organ deposited on the left side of the chest, with a cavity inside and black blood in the cavity, which is the source of the soul. The second: a spiritual matter, which is a divine, merciful, spiritual kindness that has attachment and specialization to this organ, and that kindness is the reality of humanity"

okay... so Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Al-Qayyim believed there is a spiritual aspect to the heart which is connected to the physical heart.... and as the fatwa I cited previously showed, the scholars believe: "The source of reason and intelligence is the heart". you say you know Arabic. the scholars know Arabic too.

The truth of the heart in the legal term​

Fatwa Number: 344320

• Publication date: Sunday, 17 Rabi’ al-Akhir 1438 AH - 1/15/2017 CE
  • Evaluation:
10105 0 317

the question​

We know that the heart is a pump of blood, so what is the heart that hardens and softens and that has piety? And where is it located?

answer​

Praise be to God, and prayers and peace be upon the Messenger of God and his family and companions, as for what follows:
The heart, which is the locus of truth and falsehood, piety and disobedience, faith and infidelity, leniency and cruelty and other meanings, is not the tangible embryo itself, but rather it is a spiritual matter - expressed by many scholars as a divine and spiritual gentleness - that has to do with the heart that is a piece of flesh, and this Attachment to what is known only to God Almighty.
Al - Ghazali said : The word qalb has two meanings:
One of them is the pineal flesh deposited on the left side of the chest, and it is a specific meat with a cavity inside and in that cavity there is black blood, which is the source of the soul and its mineral. Rather, it exists for the dead, and if we use the term heart in this book, we do not mean that by it, because it is a piece of meat that has no measure, and it is from the realm of kingship and testimony, as beasts perceive it with the sense of sight as well as humans.
The second meaning: it is a divine, spiritual gentleness that has a attachment to this physical heart, and that sweetness is the reality of man, and he is the perceptive, the knowing, the knowing of man, and he is the addressee, punisher, reproach and demands, and it has a relationship with the physical heart. The attachment of symptoms to bodies and descriptions to descriptions, or the attachment of the user of the machine to the machine, or the attachment of the able to the place, and the explanation of that is what we want, because its realization calls for revealing the secret of the soul, and that is what the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, did not speak about, so no one else has the right to speak about it . Ah, in short, from the revival of religious sciences.
Ibn Taymiyyah said : What a person knows of right and wrong, he rises with his heart and settles with his spirit breathed into it connected to the heart, which is the coniferous embryo. It is the one whose first place is expressed in the heart, and the philosophers call it the speaking soul, and it is the carrier of all beliefs. It enlightens the hearts and souls of the believers with divine knowledge, and darkens the hearts of the unbelievers with corrupt beliefs, just as God struck the example of the believer and the unbeliever in Surat Al-Nur .
Ibn al-Qayyim said : The heart has two meanings: one: a sensory matter, which is a fleshy, pineal-shaped organ deposited on the left side of the chest, with a cavity inside and black blood in the cavity, which is the source of the soul. The second: a spiritual matter, which is a divine, merciful, spiritual kindness that has attachment and specialization to this organ, and that kindness is the reality of humanity . Ah.
And in the book “The Purposes of the Persons” by Dr. Omar Al-Ashqar : The Book of God attributes reason, jurisprudence, faith, deviation and so on to the heart, as the Almighty said: Have they not traveled on the earth, so that they have hearts with which to reason? Faith - and he said: So when they perverted, God perverted their hearts - and the heart that God Almighty meant in these verses is located in the chest. Small in the shape of a pine, God Almighty created it in the human body and made it a place of knowledge, so the servant counts with it what he cannot contain in travels. Al-Qurtubi also mentions: The heart was originally a source. I turned a thing over to the heart, if I repeated it to its beginning, and turned the vessel, I turned it on its face. Then he transferred this word and called it this organ, which is the most honorable animal, because of the rapidity of thoughts to it, and its repetition of it, as it was said: The heart is not called the heart. However, many scholars believe that the heart concerned in the Qur’anic verses is: Godly grace, with this bodily pineal-shaped heart deposited on the left side of the chest she attaches, and that sweetness is the reality of man, and he calls it The wise, the speaking soul, the inner soul, and on this; The heart is the soul or the soul, and it is attested to this that the research conducted on hearts by researchers in the modern era indicated that the physical heart is nothing but a piece of meat, and we believe in God that the heart is the place of reason and jurisprudence, except that what is meant by it is that kindness related to the heart . Ah."

and I have no idea why you are lying and saying you took from a Salafi source... that first bit that you had posted came from a Shia source
As they said, but I don't know where you got the " attached to" thing from since it does't show up in their arabic text. but as you wish to delusion yourself

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
the
I don't know why you are lying.

View attachment 211883

"There is a possibility that because “Qalb” or “heart” plays a central role in the body in supplying blood which carries oxygen to even the brain which itself controls our body and acts as the command centre, due to the centrality of its role, it is possible that the Quran and also the Ahadith refer to the heart due to this meaning whereby everything in ourselves somehow depends on it.

This is probably why the meaning of “Qalb” or “heart” is borrowed from its literal meaning and used for a series of other related meanings which has the theme of centrality and dependency on it."

this is from a group called "AHLUL BAIT FOUNDATION OF SOUTH AFRICA".

what kind of Salafi group calls itself that? they even make it clear on their website that they are Shia. so first you use a Shia source (without saying where the material came from), then you lie about it.

"AHLUL BAIT (AS) FOUNDATION OF SOUTH AFRICA – AFOSA
This thirst had grown and there were requests for a Shi’a ‘Alim to come and lay a solid foundation of Shi’aism. This request was met, and a Shi’a Alim (Syed Aftab Haider) came to settle in South Africa for this speical purpose in 1990. Initially, Syed Aftab Haider started a branch of the International Centre for Islamic Studies (Southern Africa) in Cape Town. This gradually in itself served to bring together various scattered Shi’a groupings throughout the country under one umbrella, the Ahlul Bait (AS) Foundation of South Africa (AFOSA)."
the arabic text was from the salafi one and the other that says the same thing is the shia one that which i didn't know it was shia " wallahi" but the are saying the same thing. so i copied. But i didn't lie because The first one was a salafi source,

Look... what is clear so far @Aurelian is firstly that you lie and secondly that you were citing a Shia source. anyone can use google and see that what you said came directly from a Shia source. it's no wonder you're so against "Wahhabis".

what's also clear is that according to the scholars- "The preponderant view is that the intellect is in the heart"

so if people want to go with a person who uses a Shia source then lies about it- rather than going with the scholars, that's on them. there's no need to further debate.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Look... what is clear so far @Aurelian is firstly that you lie and secondly that you were citing a Shia source. anyone can use google and see that what you said came directly from a Shia source. it's no wonder you're so against "Wahhabis".

what's also clear is that according to the scholars- "The preponderant view is that the intellect is in the heart"

so if people want to go with a person who uses a Shia source then lies about it- rather than going with the scholars, that's on them. there's no need to further debate.
:dead:

I explained myself but you seem like you want to ignore the main point and go after that little mistake, although both sources are citing the same thing

no, the heart only pumps blood, other traits are from the mind

first before even entering this, as an arabic speaker i have to say that all the heart mentions in the quran are metaphors.

So what you think that the 40 hadith are referring to is not the physical heart but the center of our emotions, thinking and human personality, not the heart itself.
Wrong again.

Have they not, then, traveled on earth so that they should have had hearts to understand with, or ears to listen with? The fact is that it is not the eyes that turn blind, but what turns blind is the hearts contained in the chests. 22:46
Allah says Quloobu latee fisudooor
Meaning the Hearts in the chests, The physical heart and the spiritual heart are both connected to each other, just like our brains conscious and our soul work together, the brain without a soul would not work and would not be alive, this is the same with our physical hearts and spiritual, they are interconnected.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
it
it is all controlled by the brain

it

it is all controlled by the brain
Ur statement was that the physical heart only pumps blood.
This is extremely wrong.
The heart has its own nervous centre, Allah already mentions this in the Quran many times, science is just now catching up to it,
Anything with its own nervous centre, and ability to feel, and send signals, is independent of the brain, in the coming years we will only find out more and more about how much more the heart does as its own intellectual organ.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Ur statement was that the physical heart only pumps blood.
This is extremely wrong.
The heart has its own nervous centre, Allah already mentions this in the Quran many times, science is just now catching up to it,
Anything with its own nervous centre, and ability to feel, and send signals, is independent of the brain, in the coming years we will only find out more and more about how much more the heart does as its own intellectual organ.
when he said that heart does plenty of things I replied

Trending