Pig heart transplanted into human

587BC1CF-C0BE-494F-90A7-27FA32AE2FE0.jpeg
For the first time, a man has received a heart from a genetically altered pig.

A 57-year-old man with a life-threatening heart condition has received a new heart from a genetically altered pig. It's the first successful transplant of a pig's heart into a human body, The New York Times reported Monday.

The operation took place in Baltimore at the University of Maryland Medical Center on Friday, The Times reported. Doctors at the medical center said the patient, David Bennett Sr. of Maryland, is doing well.

"It creates the pulse, it creates the pressure, it is his heart," Dr. Bartley Griffith, the director of the cardiac transplant program at the medical center, told The Times.

source

I wish there were a better comparative anatomic selection base other than a pig for transplantation. Or if they can culture human anatomy inside the lab, as I remember, there is research done on lab-grown organ tissue aiming at grafting it inside the human body.

I was stoked for one particular case of transplantation over 5 years ago. There was this Russian with severe muscle degenerative disease who was set to transplant his head inside a dead man's body by an Italian surgeon. Previous cases done on animals did not bear positive results, all failed. Such an operational procedure presented an arduous, demanding, long surgical process (an impossible task with the skill level required not meeting the multidisciplinary steps of difficulty), but this Italian doctor did not care and went around Tedx Talks and confidently said he would succeed despite what the critics said. Later it is stated that the Russian man backed down. He found a piece of good life despite his physiological reality with a woman becoming a father.

Last edited:
I wish there were a better comparative anatomic selection base other than a pig for transplantation. Or if they can culture human anatomy inside the lab, as I remember, there is research done on lab-grown organ tissue aiming at grafting it inside the human body.
I don’t read much about xenotransplantation but I read some research on stem cells, and lab grown mini heart structures. But the purpose was to study the regenerative capacity. There are other studies I haven’t checked yet.
I was stoked for one particular case of transplantation over 5 years ago. There was this Russian with severe muscle degenerative disease who was set to transplant his head inside a dead man's body by an Italian surgeon. Previous cases done on animals did not bear positive results, all failed. Such an operational procedure presented an arduous, demanding, long surgical process (an impossible task with the skill level required not meeting the multidisciplinary steps of difficulty), but this Italian doctor did not care and went around Tedx Talks and confidently said he would succeed despite what the critics said. Later it is stated that the Russian man backed down. He found a piece of good life despite his physiological reality with a woman becoming a father.
“Transplant his head inside a dead man’s body?”:icon lol:. Never thought I’d read something like this.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
No thanks FMA taught me that things for very wrong for animal-human genetic mix

I don’t read much about xenotransplantation but I read some research on stem cells, and lab grown mini heart structures. But the purpose was to study the regenerative capacity. There are other studies I haven’t checked yet.
Cool, you're reading what seems to be insightful material. I don't know anything about it. I'm the guy who clicks on cool headlines when it comes to medical research, first consuming superficial summaries, and now and then checking background research if it interests me too greatly going on a layman's quest trying to overcome the disciplinary barrier. Those articles are condensed information laid on top of large extending literature, after all. But I'm sure it's easy for a smart person such as yourself.
“Transplant his head inside a dead man’s body?”:icon lol:. Never thought I’d read something like this.
I honestly expected it to fail but did not mind being wrong on that one, lol. There are ethical/moral problems with the whole thing as well that the surgeon did not care to address. I heard he moved to China, where I'm sure he has gotten more crazy experimental freedom doing questionable work.

Cool, you're reading what seems to be insightful material. I don't know anything about it. I'm the guy who clicks on cool headlines when it comes to medical research, first consuming superficial summaries, and now and then checking background research if it interests me too greatly going on a layman's quest trying to overcome the disciplinary barrier. Those articles are condensed information laid on top of large extending literature, after all. But I'm sure it's easy for a smart person such as yourself.

I honestly expected it to fail but did not mind being wrong on that one, lol. There are ethical/moral problems with the whole thing as well that the surgeon did not care to address. I heard he moved to China, where I'm sure he has gotten more crazy experimental freedom doing questionable work.
You’re very smart too!
I googled the mad neurosurgeon. I find it horrific :tacky:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Is that evem halal. I dont feel comfortabl with a pig in my body
Isn't it xalal if it's life and death? It's not even xaram to eat pork if you'd die if you didn't like if you found yourself at a place where that is seriously the only thing to eat or you'd starve.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Pigs usually infested with parasite. How they manage the parasite post transplant?

Back in the day Allah turned some jews into monkeys and pigs, and sooner or later there will be more transformations.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
humans are indeed close to pigs and monkeys in anatomy, which is why some cannibals admit that human flesh tastes similar to pig, i am nauseous thinking about how gaalo eat dhoofar that tastes the same as human flesh

I think humans are very gentically similar to pigs, so that's why a pig's heart was used. I guessing obtaining a pig's heart is also easier than another primate's heart. Easier to mass produce. I doubt you'll turn into a pig if you receive a pig heart lool

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
1642020345318.jpeg
CHICAGO, Jan 10 (Reuters) - A U.S. man with terminal heart disease was implanted with a genetically modified pig heart in a first-of-its-kind surgery, and three days later the patient is doing well, his doctors reported on Monday.

To move ahead with the experimental surgery, the university obtained an emergency authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on New Year's Eve through its compassionate use program

Bennett's genetically modified pig heart was provided by Revivicor, a regenerative medicine company based in Blacksburg, Virginia. On the morning of the surgery, the transplant team removed the pig's heart and placed it into a special device to preserve its function until the surgery.

Pigs have long been a tantalizing source of potential transplants because their organs are so similar to humans. A hog heart at the time of slaughter, for example, is about the size of an adult human heart.

In the heart implanted in Bennett, three genes previously linked with organ rejection were "knocked out" of the donor pig, and six human genes linked with immune acceptance were inserted into the pig genome.

1642020434898.jpeg

Mr. Bennett was informed of the procedure’s risks, and was aware that the procedure was experimental, according to the University of Maryland School of Medicine

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
1642021001833.jpeg

One of surgeons who was directly involved in the transplantation was Dr Muhammad M. Mohiuddin, MD, who is scientific and program director of the Cardiac Xenotransplantation Program at the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM). Pakistan-born Dr Mohiuddin is also one of the leading experts on transplanting animal organs, known as xenotransplantation.