Phenotype can be misleading when it comes to genotype

Tukraq

VIP

Look at this Syrian woman.

Most people would expect that she is some kind of Crusader descendant or some kind of other outlier, yet she has the same genotype result as most Syrian Arabs.

Beware that phenotype can be misleading, sometimes.

2hdpjyu.png
She looks like a regular Syrian Arab :mahubowtf: just died the hair blonde

Tukraq

VIP
What?
No, I meant how she’s almost 100% Sub-Saharan African, and she has those features. Certain ethnic groups believe that the only true African features are kinky hair, big lips, and a wide nose. They claim that Horn African features are the result of mixing with Arabs.
Yet here she is, very little foreign genes, and she has those features.
How do you know if her hair isn’t kinky:mahubowtf:

Tukraq

VIP
How do you know if her hair isn’t kinky:mahubowtf:
@A_A
Habesha women have kinky hair but relax and straighten it(or weave), you can tell because all the men have kinky rough hair but all the women don’t:russ::ulyin:
You can use the same trick with Somali women and skin color:chrisfreshhah: when all the men are in the family are burnt but she’s the same color as Ayesha curry:kodaksmiley::mjlol::lolbron: naturally Somalia have softer hair but habeshas have lighter skin, the vice Versa doesn’t really exist:manny:

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
@A_A
Habesha women have kinky hair but relax and straighten it(or weave), you can tell because all the men have kinky rough hair but all the women don’t:russ::ulyin:
You can use the same trick with Somali women and skin color:chrisfreshhah: when all the men are in the family are burnt but she’s the same color as Ayesha curry:kodaksmiley::mjlol::lolbron: naturally Somalia have softer hair but habeshas have lighter skin, the vice Versa doesn’t really exist:manny:
BS I knew a Ethiopian women and she had curly hair! This is anti-Ethiopian propaganda!:fittytousand:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
BS I knew a Ethiopian women and she had curly hair! This is anti-Ethiopian propaganda!:fittytousand:
ignore him 99 percent of the time hes trolling:noneck:

ethiopians are mostly curly and have more timo jilac then somali girls, they can also have straight hair eritreans have the most silkiest hair in the horn

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
Just google any study on Horn African genetics lol it's well known.
:farmajoyaab:Every time I ask for sources on this site, I’m told to look it up. I’m starting to doubt everything now.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP

Look at this Syrian woman.

Most people would expect that she is some kind of Crusader descendant or some kind of other outlier, yet she has the same genotype result as most Syrian Arabs.

Beware that phenotype can be misleading, sometimes.

2hdpjyu.png

She could be Bosniak. Many Bosniaks settled Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Jordan after the fall of the Ottoman Empire rule in Bosnia, some even before that.

In Palestine Bushnak (Bosniak) is a synonym for a fair complexed, tall and handsome person.

There are Bosniak descendants in the thousands in that region. They have all assimilated in to Arabs, but some still carry the last name Bushnak (all bearers of the surname are not hailing from the same forefather, but their last name indicates their origin).

There are many influental Bushnaks in all fields of society in this region.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
She could be Bosniak. Many Bosniaks settled Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Jordan after the fall of the Ottoman Empire rule in Bosnia, some even before that.

In Palestine Bushnak (Bosniak) is a synonym for a fair complexed, tall and handsome person.

There are Bosniak descendants in the thousands in that region. They have all assimilated in to Arabs, but some still carry the last name Bushnak (all bearers of the surname are not hailing from the same forefather, but their last name indicates their origin).

There are many influental Bushnaks in all fields of society in this region.
Most Lebanese people I know look like her, I don't believe Bosniaks changed the look of the Levant that heavily.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Levanties I believe are the living equivalent of how Proto-Afro Asatic populations looked like before we migrated to the Sudan and eventually the Horn.

Trending