Petroleum minister visits Spectrum Geo to discuss the first offshore oil & gas license round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP

I see Kheyre pulling his moves already :damedamn:

Here's what Spectrum Geo wrote a while back

The blocks on offer will include areas off central and southern Somalia but will exclude shallow water block concessions signed in 1988 with Shell and Exxon Mobil before the government collapsed

Too little too late, oil prices have been suffering. It went from anywhere between 110 to 100 dollars per barrel to around 40 to 50.

Afweyne should've started oil extraction and refinery when he was alive, people would've been rich and wouldn't have rebelled and so we would've been the Dubay of east Africa whilst the real Dubay was nothing more than mere desert.

Spectrum deals with imaging and seismic data, basically finding how if there's oil or gas and where.
Somalia-Gov-Press-Release-on-Completion-of-Seismic-Acquisition.pdf

They did 2D imaging on this area last year
014541FA-5737-4F8E-B463-D56B97F56ADA-1110-000000CBB508918A.jpeg
And they were supposed to start interpretation of their data in the 3rd quarter of last year, with the findings supposed to be presented to the FG after that.

Spectrum Geo doesn't drill for oil as far as I know, so why would they want licenses? Or this meeting could be the one where they give their findings.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Too little too late, oil prices have been suffering. It went from anywhere between 110 to 100 dollars per barrel to around 40 to 50.

Afweyne should've started oil extraction and refinery when he was alive, people would've been rich and wouldn't have rebelled and so we would've been the Dubay of east Africa whilst the real Dubay was nothing more than mere desert.

It's been like that for last few months, lowest since November, somewhere $40+ per barrel now I think.

Spectrum Geo doesn't drill for oil as far as I know, so why would they want licenses? Or this meeting could be the one where they give their findings.

I think they're hosting/planning the event of auctioning their data to major oil companies.

Why do we have a minister of petroleum :mjlaugh:?
We should definitely not drill till the country is in one piece governed by one goverment we should only look if their is oil it might give those in power an insentive to stop their shenanigans and stop this petty fighting.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending

He was just before the rebellion started.

By 2035 there's gonna be close to 1billion more cars on the road, even if we profit 19$ of a barrell it'll be a huge help. There's still money to be made of oil, not like in the past but still there's money to be made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts