Petition for the inclusion of Somali /Cushite ethnicity in the UK Census

You guys are retarded you honestly think I'm going to tick the somali box when applying for jobs knowing how bad our reputation is in the UK? once they see my application they're going to throw it in the bin

I right the names of my male lineage.... :cool:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You would embarrass yourself forever with what those statistics would produce. The diaspora wars would end the moment it's published.

:mjkkk:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
@madaxweyne is becoming a true geesi
I dont live in the UK but I will do what I can to sign this petition 1000 times for the sake of the Somali realm and after we get that through we will lobby it for every diaspora :fittytousand:

Nothing embarrassing about stats either its better we know where we are rather than vaguely go by ‘Black’ stats that remain terrible no matter what programs you do. Imagine thinking having accurate numbers for university enrollment, employment, incarceration, etc is a bad thing and embarrassing :draketf:

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@madaxweyne is becoming a true geesi
I dont live in the UK but I will do what I can to sign this petition 1000 times for the sake of the Somali realm and after we get that through we will lobby it for every diaspora :fittytousand:

Nothing embarrassing about stats either its better we know where we are rather than vaguely go by ‘Black’ stats that remain terrible no matter what programs you do. Imagine thinking having accurate numbers for university enrollment, employment, incarceration, etc is a bad thing and embarrassing :draketf:
thanks, bro but i didnt create the petition some guy on twitter did and i posted it hre anyhow I agree having the accurate number for university enrollment and employment will help us out a lot we will have an idea what our community is excelling in and where their failing in sahib this is gonna be helpfull for us

The issue is they have clear distinctions made for cadaans, asians etc. But our African label is not specific to our background. I don't think it will make a difference employmentwise because you don't put your ethnicity on your CV. If they see your name on the application and see how you look in an interview and can accept that, then being identified as a Somali won't make a difference.

As for the census identifying an issues within the community it will give us the opportunity to apply for funding to improve this instead of trying to hide it and not deal with anything. :kanyeshrug:

I feel like it’ll be a better idea for us to have our separate label once we boost our socioeconomics :diddyass: then we’ll show tf off with our winning stats

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
The issue is they have clear distinctions made for cadaans, asians etc. But our African label is not specific to our background. I don't think it will make a difference employmentwise because you don't put your ethnicity on your CV. If they see your name on the application and see how you look in an interview and can accept that, then being identified as a Somali won't make a difference.

As for the census identifying an issues within the community it will give us the opportunity to apply for funding to improve this instead of trying to hide it and not deal with anything. :kanyeshrug:
its true we can get direct funding if we label ourselves somali we also have a better chance of bieng able to introduce well needed social and economic reforms and programs just for somalis

Reborn
There will be a somali ethnicity box in the upcoming census.
I even applied to be a community representative but was unsuccessful :damedamn:

Last edited:

Reborn
It's very important that the government does take information from us so that it helps with policy making.That's the whole purpose of the census :comeon:
The somali community in the UK is massive and it's about time we get the tailored support we need to tackle key issues like employment, education, housing and etc.

Trending

Latest posts