Percentage of population with electricity in the EAC

Very surprising.
1000021257.jpg

Burundi surprised me
Burundi apparently has no coal, natural gas, or petroleum.

I say send them some Somali businessmen to establish electricity companies and utilise some cheap, and low quality diesel generators 😂. With a population of around 12 million, it's a quick money scheme. Takeover the imported energy they have with the urbanized population first.

Last edited:

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
There is a big difference in population

It has more to do with the urbanisation rate. Somalia is the most urbanised country in East Africa by percentage of population. A 100MW power plant would have a more immediate impact on the average Somali than the average East African.

This is why the next 5 to 10 years will be interesting as we finally see major energy projects being built in Somalia. I could see us surpass Kenya soon. Somalia is already estimated to reach 75% in 2027.

It has more to do with the urbanisation rate. Somalia is the most urbanised country in East Africa by percentage of population. A 100MW power plant would have a more immediate impact on the average Somali than the average East African.

This is why the next 5 to 10 years will be interesting as we finally see major energy projects being built in Somalia. I could see us surpass Kenya soon. Somalia is already estimated to reach 75% in 2027.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sol

?
Somalia is also well placed for energy export since two have an over abundance of solar and wind with just a few battery storage facility we gave some energy security whilst being to export the rest to our neighbours.

Everyone didn't expect this but thanks to our private sector who achieved immense achievement and worked through hard conditions to provide electricity to every single house this gives me hope that we still have chance to come out top.

Trending